Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks MesRcPilot, if I couldn't laugh about it all the fun would be gone!
    Spent the day doing paint touch ups and reinstalling the rebuilt nacelle. The ring glued back on quite easily, I used 8 toothpicks to help stabilize it, but in hindsight 4 would have been enough. Did a bit of filling and sanding then started in with the paint. On with the silver and then a couple of passes with the paint gun with the pearl coat then back to the brush for the clear coat. Two clear coats on so far, it'll need one more though. I trimmed a bit of the upper nacelle out so I could slip the retract and ESC in without having to remove them from the airplane, thus saving me removing the panel that covers the wiring and trying to feed the ESC wire back through the fuse. Went extremely smooth, probably half to three quarters of an hour for the swap out. I did reinstall the motor before gluing the ring back on which is a heck of a lot easier to do. So, now the only thing missing is the gear doors which have decided to give up the ghost and break the little pins off, so she needs a new set, no biggie. This plane has been so inexpensive as regards replacement parts that I can't complain. Short of upgrading the motors, in the four years I've owned her, she's cost me a nacelle and a couple of sets of props.
    My favorite (favourite if you're in Canada!) airplanes are the Flightline 1600mm Spitfire and F7F. BTW, there will, at some time be a new Bearcat in the fleet as well, that plane is just too great to be without!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Hello Grossman , thanks for the reply ... humor and joke must be an integral part of RC modeling .... because, nothing would make sense. We cannot take any stock production model for granted. Greetings from Croatia.
      Jos

Comment

• I'm using the admiral receiver in the Tigercat and am having a hard time locating a good postion to mount it flat. I'm using the 4000 4 cell lipo's and they are in the way

Comment

• On the floor behind the battery area, other side of the bulkhead? Or under the turtle deck behind the end of the canopy piece?

Comment

• Originally posted by tdstaf View Post
            I'm using the admiral receiver in the Tigercat and am having a hard time locating a good postion to mount it flat. I'm using the 4000 4 cell lipo's and they are in the way
            Welcome to Hobby Squawk, tdstaf! Evan D is right, those two places are the most common for mounting the receiver in our FlightLine 1.6m F7F Tigercat. I have mine mounted on the floor behind the battery.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Loving my tigercat, here is the 2nd flight and already she feels dialed in

getting a feel for her, working out the mixes, getting close

rc flyin addict

Comment

• Well, I finally got the Cat back together and ready for flight. She is made up of parts from my Tigercat number one, Tigercat number two, new parts from Motion RC, and who knows where else. So she is appropriately named “Bits ‘n Pieces.” Plus I have enough parts for a second one...
                Can never have enough....

Comment

• I'm resurrecting mine now. So much hanger rash. I found that the Montana-cans Navy color is an excellent choice for refreshing the blue.

I originally planned on a simple refit, but I love this plane so much.

Comment

• Finished re-paint and new graphics on Tigercat, Working on new cockpit interior and pilot

Comment

• Very striking!!! Love it and your puppy too!! Jerry

Comment

• coyote137 Welcome to the Squawk!!! Glad you are onboard!!! Happy Easter!

Comment

• Has any one put the FMS front landing gear in place of the stock gear? All I want to do is bolt on the landing gear with out using FMS servo and landing gear assembly. Thank you Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by easyjack View Post
                            Has any one put the FMS front landing gear in place of the stock gear? All I want to do is bolt on the landing gear with out using FMS servo and landing gear assembly. Thank you Jack
                            easyjack Sorry Jack, hate to disappoint ya but it won't fit which is the reason no one has written about doing so
                            Welcome to the Squawk also

Here's proof of the above claim:
                            Since I had the FL before losing it to the infamous incinerator and replaced it with the FMS,
                            here is the stock FL nose strut held in front of the FMS strut with top of strut at the trunnion.
                            The FMS is a little over an inch longer at the axles

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1393.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	249408

Best regards,
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thank you "WC".. I knew it was too good to be true. However I do like the wheels... I am sure the axles will need to be changed. Thank you again Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by easyjack View Post
                                Thank you "WC".. I knew it was too good to be true. However I do like the wheels... I am sure the axles will need to be changed. Thank you again Jack
                                easyjack Hello Jack, If you are looking to upgrade the nose gear to a oleo shock system that has a standoff scale look you may be interested in this mod I did over three years ago

Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thank you again, I will be doing your alteration... Today, I am purchasing the kit and all the extra landing gear "stuff" for my grass field. Jack

Comment

• Seco Cat in the “fleet.” Click image for larger version

Name:	A2EE9502-921D-4AB6-9959-F6A63B109382.jpeg
Views:	630
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	250440
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Do you have to take the servo apart to replace the nose wheel pin?

Comment

• Yes you do!!!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1366.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	261888Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1365.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	261886