Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really sure what to think of all the Spektrum complaints...I have about 23 planes flying at any one time all with Spektrum...and I fly a lot (logged 850 flights last year and on that pace this year). I've had many many more when you consider the horse trade or two each year. I have many friends I fly with that use Spektrum as well. I use...as do most of my buddies...the ones without SAFE or AS3X...which I have seen a few issues with. A non issue for me as I'm not a gyro guy. Nothing wrong with using them just not what I like personally. As for the normal 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9 channel Spektrum RX's...haven't had one issue yet. I do know that ant. alignment is crucial and many don't pay close enough attention to that. I've had to re-align many before I maidened a plane for several people that had it wrong when I did my checks on their plane.
    Big time propeller head
    Love flying scale and 3D
    Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

• Great to hear the second spinner worked out good Beeg.
      Glade to hear your good to go Aros.

I need some help now from everyone on helping me with the best supplier to get lemon receivers. Also on how to use the one that i have which came in a plane i bought second hand. Ive checked so far at buddy rc and they had alot of tutorials on there website for the recievers but whenever i would click on them it would say video or file not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The one that i have is a 6 channel/stabilized with a satellite.:Confused:
      Dewey l

Comment

• Dewey, I prefer to get my Lemon receivers (7-channel diversity, stabilized) from HeadsUpRC. My second option is eBay. I once ordered direct from LemonRX, and the slow boat from China took nearly a month.
        ---
        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
          As i was prefitting everything together i to ran into the same situation as Beeg. Using the nut to try to force the backing plate at this point is a disaster waiting to happen. As RRHandy mentioned both shaft and nut are aluminum and can be gaulled very easy. So instead of trying to force the issue i kept pulling the backing plate off and reseating it at different locations until i got the best results. It was still not all the way seated but almost. I then took a sharp razor blade and lightly scraped the inside of the hub until it seated so that there was no excess pressure while trying to tighten my nut. I hope this helps. I was a machinest for 22 years so please take heed and be very carful tightening this prop nut. There seems to be a little more slop in the treads than i have noticed on other prop nuts that only compounds the chance for gaulling. If when tightening and it feels like a little slip at the end your close to being to far. Just take your time and be careful and you will get it on without haveing to force it with the nut.
          Thanks Dewey, I didn't have and problem with the propeller backing plate fitment after installing the blades.
          AMA 424553

Comment

• Just curious if people are running one screw down tight then moving to the next one on the same side, I run one down then move to the other side and so on until I have all them close then torque them in an alternating pattern? R.
            AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
              I run one down then move to the other side and so on until I have all them close then torque them in an alternating pattern? R.
              That's what I did.

Comment

Great to hear the second spinner worked out good Beeg.

I need some help now from everyone on helping me with the best supplier to get lemon receivers. Also on how to use the one that i have which came in a plane i bought second hand. Ive checked so far at buddy rc and they had alot of tutorials on there website for the recievers but whenever i would click on them it would say video or file not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The one that i have is a 6 channel/stabilized with a satellite.:Confused:
                Dewey,I've ordered LemonRx's from both of these places below.

BuddyRC
                http://www.buddyrc.com/control-syste...ompatible.html

Direct from manufacturer. Sometimes can take awhile. Last time I ordered from them a month or so ago it wasn't bad in it only took a 7-10 days or so.

I've ordered LemonRx's from both of these places below
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                You can download a manual from here:
                https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...97&postcount=2

or here:
                http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...0manual_A4.pdf

Comment

Great to hear the second spinner worked out good Beeg.

Dewey,
                  I've been getting them from BuddyRC for close to 2 years now.
                  They don't make a 6 chan stabilized/gyro unit.
                  So as not to pollute the Spitty thread anymore with Lemon talk, feel free to PM and I'll try to help ya out or take the discussion to this thread.;)
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I had a question about the decals: are the yellow stripes with a clear covering like the big green/yellow vertical stripe at the tail? And how long do you put the waterslide decals in water?
                    This is my first time putting decals, Thanks

Comment

• The sheet with the yellow leading edge stripes are peel and stick like the tail fin flash.
                      Waterslide only take about a minute or so. Just until they slide off the backing paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Brad, for the rudder, there is an extra pushrod that goes from the tailwheel horn to the rudder horn. That's the extended piece. The pushrod fits from the tail wheel to the servo. It's confusing until you look at the pushrods and see there is one that is a bit longer than the flap pushrods.
                        Wow, thanks Aros and dkalwishky for the info. What a dunderhead I am!!!!!! In my own defense I will say that just about every plane I've ever built has the pushrod or pull/pull cables going to the rudder first and then the tail wheel or the tail wheel was physically connected to the rudder. The build video was not nearly as detailed as the one for the A-10 for instance so I guess I glossed right over that detail. That said, I still own it. I will have to unsolder the extension I put on it last night and hook it up correctly. Brad

Comment

• Thanks Beeg for your quick respons, i think i'm gonna take my time to put the decals good as possible.

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted here but a guy did a nice build video of this plane. I know it's probably not needed but I enjoy watching these before my plane arrives.

available from Reds RADIO CONTROLhttp://www.redsradiocontrol.com/advanced-pre-order-now-arriving-end-of-july-flightline-rc-spitfire-mkix-1600mm-63-wingspan--...

Comment

• Do you guys put all the decals from the three sheets? I don't think i will do. And do you also put a top coat preventing paint damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by franky View Post
                                Do you guys put all the decals from the three sheets? I don't think i will do. And do you also put a top coat preventing paint damage.
                                Not sure about the decals yet but I always put a flat or dull clear coat on my birds to keep them safe and to also get a little realism out it. I'd recommend it.

I believe Humbrol has a Spray paint you can just buy.
                                MegaHobby.com Stocks paints for your plastic model kits. We carry many lines of acrylic and enamel paints and all the tools you need to build great looking plastic Model kits.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                  Wow, thanks Aros and dkalwishky for the info. What a dunderhead I am!!!!!! In my own defense I will say that just about every plane I've ever built has the pushrod or pull/pull cables going to the rudder first and then the tail wheel or the tail wheel was physically connected to the rudder. The build video was not nearly as detailed as the one for the A-10 for instance so I guess I glossed right over that detail. That said, I still own it. I will have to unsolder the extension I put on it last night and hook it up correctly. Brad
                                  Ah don't feel too bad Brad, I did the same thing at first...Could not figure out why the rudder pushrod was too short! It wasn't until I looked over all my parts and noticed that one "odd man out" mini-pushrod and had an "Aha!" moment. LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I'll be honest. I hate waterslide decals on flying models. Callie has vinyl nomenclature decals for most warbirds. I've ordered a set for this Spit, to go with the Johnnie Johnson livery that I had previously purchased from her.
                                    ---
                                    Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post

Not sure about the decals yet but I always put a flat or dull clear coat on my birds to keep them safe and to also get a little realism out it. I'd recommend it.

I believe Humbrol has a Spray paint you can just buy.
                                      How many layers top coat do you put on your planes?

Comment

• First! LOL

Just need to add decals and she's good to go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamedsmall.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	89917
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Wicked! That looks awesome mate. Nice job

Comment

Working...
                                          X