X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jadams812 View Post

Are the bad prints strictly a resolution issue with the printer? I am new to 3D printing and researching the myriad of printers and filaments is like drinking from a fire hose.
    Form 2 is a liquid resin printer and its very different from the usual printer. It offers basically no grow lines and a smooth finish. Lots of companies though just use hobby grade printers and its ok for the most part. But I have seen amazing sculpts that look like rubbish because of the printer. a Form 2 is about 5 grand all it so not to bad in the grand scheme if you are using it for modelling.

Read our full review and see photos of the prints here: http://www.tested.com/tech/3d-printing/562428-tested-form-2-sla-desktop-3d-printer/We go in-depth wit...

AMA 1102566

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	46785525_255675791792453_4787689019393703936_n.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	177713

This was done on a Form 2. Thats just dust on it. This is a kit that I am building. This is not my picture though but I own the resin kit which was molded from this print.
      AMA 1102566

Comment

• AZ, thank you for the explanation. I had no idea that was how an SLA printer worked.That print is awesome. Eastwood hasn't looked that good in 40 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by fastphil View Post
          F4-U was in the flight operations rotation today in the Arizona desert....had some pretty good flights with the Corsair, and her landing gear handles our dirt field easily...best part of the day was bringing her in with full barn door flaps at super slow speeds, and no elevator mix was necessary for my liking..., and when I pointed her nose up into the sky, she flew out of sight....my brother John said he has some fotos of the F4-U in some dirty passes, so i'll post them later...
          Very nice! Color me jealous as I sit here looking out in a winter wonderland with 6" of snow and growing by the hour. My flights are grounded indefinitely. :Angry:

My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• F4-U Corsair coming by on a dirty pass and flyby,... in RC snowbird paradise...!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Very nice! Color me jealous as I sit here looking out in a winter wonderland with 6" of snow and growing by the hour. My flights are grounded indefinitely. :Angry:
              Hi Aros, if you would like to meet this spring/summer for a Corsair/Warbird gathering in the NorthWest / Central Oregon, we can make it happen...! and if you can't wait till then, jump into your RV / car and join us in AZ

Comment

• That could be fun! Especially sitting here in this... (At least my dog loves it...My planes not so much)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	177740
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ready to patrol the skies for enemy planes now...Well, probably just hole fillers for the airshow.

Comment

• Oh, and yes Jerry. The drill press is in the dining room. Lol

Comment

• Where it belongs!!! ;):Cool::Cool::)

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post

Some of these pilots are amazing sculpts but suffer from really bad prints. I would love to see some of these printed with a Form 2
                        I'm with you all the way Ben. If someone can print that pilot in form 2 in the right scale for our Corsair, I will gladly buy it and send it to you to paint. BTW hope the insurance company ponies up(as they should) for your planes. The two main jobs of insurance companies is to COLLECT PREMIUMS and DENY COVERAGE!!!! True story. Anyway hope MRC or somebody with a form 2 printer can start offering these gems. I've been waiting for something like this for quite awhile. It's the weakest link in our hobby.....the pilots!! Especially in these smaller scales. I want one for the Raptor too!

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                          Ready to patrol the skies for enemy planes now...Well, probably just hole fillers for the airshow.
                          Redbarn really like the guns, please explain what & how don’t be stingy, share your ideas.

ken

Comment

• Time for the gun show! LOL

Nice touch!
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by jadams812 View Post
                              Newbie here. I have been haunting this thread from the start and I seem to recall someone wondering if there were any Pacific theatre pilots available. I came across a WWII era Navy pilot .STL file on CGTrader that was just published. Thought maybe one of you 3D printer gurus might want to give it a try. My apologies if this link has already been posted.
                              Thanks for the link. Might come in handy down the road.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                Time for the gun show! LOL

Nice touch!
                                Corsair 50 cal guns ...
                                Not trying to bash anyone and it’s certainly your business to do as you like but if you want a scale look, the guns were well back inside the wings and fired through long blast tubes so you’ll never see a barrel.
                                Again, no harm intended.

Name:	B561CCD2-5011-4A64-A059-F2A787594870.jpeg
Views:	794
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	177886Click image for larger version

Name:	327B4320-2FAA-4095-B676-A2BF8ED398FE.jpeg
Views:	731
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	177885

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

Corsair 50 cal guns ...
                                  Not trying to bash anyone and it’s certainly your business to do as you like but if you want a scale look, the guns were well back inside the wings and fired through long blast tubes so you’ll never see a barrel.
                                  Again, no harm intended.

No problem, didn’t know that. Now I will not have to fool with that, if I had stopped and thought I would have realized that in the photos no guns were showing.

Ken

Comment

• Originally posted by redbarn View Post
                                    Ready to patrol the skies for enemy planes now...Well, probably just hole fillers for the airshow.
                                    Absolutely creative and great looking! I think I figured out the materials you used. It looks like a insulated washer with small aluminum tube and a carbon rod all sized appropriately? It looks about 3" long? Did you use CA to affix everything? Man - The ideas and solutions we all get from our "collective" is a wonderful thing! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Hey Pilots - Quick off topic question - Is anyone out there familiar with TowerPro metal gear servos? Specifically MG946R 25T 13kg / 0.11sec / 55g? They're rated 5-stars but they're about half the price of other comparable servos and you know the old saying....

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks - Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

Corsair 50 cal guns ...
                                        Again, no harm intended.

Thinking outside the box...….I'm wondering if you inserted the appropriate sized aluminum tubing to simulate the "Blast Tubes" you'd get the look and famous whistle?

Comment

• It's such a beautiful day today here in Seattle I think I'll do my Maiden! LOLLOLLOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X