X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post

I'm using an E-flite 80 amp ESC. Mainly because I had one laying around.
    Do you think this 85 Amp Esc will work fine with the Rimfire?

Comment

• Nose gear final position when down with the work i did before !!!.......I LIKE IT A LOT..OHH YEEAAHH.

Enough for today.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Wrangler, my BEC is attached to one of the battery leads. It will be inside the fuselage when assembled. My set-up is from the Freewing A-10 and it has 100 amp ESCs with no internal BECs. It's what I had laying around and it already has the long leads with the capacitors in line. With my set-up I can take apart the plane into six components if I want to. I have a trailer to transport my planes and I suspect unless I make it easy to disassemble I will leave it together and that will take space away from other planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
          Wrangler, my BEC is attached to one of the battery leads. It will be inside the fuselage when assembled. My set-up is from the Freewing A-10 and it has 100 amp ESCs with no internal BECs. It's what I had laying around and it already has the long leads with the capacitors in line. With my set-up I can take apart the plane into six components if I want to. I have a trailer to transport my planes and I suspect unless I make it easy to disassemble I will leave it together and that will take space away from other planes.
          Great !!!!!!!. i was asking myself about the 100amp ESC from the A-10 but i think the 85 amp will do the work as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
            Do you think this 85 Amp Esc will work fine with the Rimfire?
            Factory specs only call for a 60 amp so I think 85 should be fine. Also I've had no issues with my 80 amp.

Comment

Factory specs only call for a 60 amp so I think 85 should be fine. Also I've had no issues with my 80 amp.
              Great !!. By any chance someone has made the gear doors?

Comment

• jejejeje it seems that i'm the only one posting today jeje.
                I just put my engines, nacelles, props and spinners, but it seems i will be needing a prop shaft a bit longer.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Too easy to be true !!!!!!!.

I need to find a prop adapter with a longer shaft for both rimfire .55 or someone that can make me both pieces in aluminium?.

Does anybody know someone that can help me?

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                    Too easy to be true !!!!!!!.

I need to find a prop adapter with a longer shaft for both rimfire .55 or someone that can make me both pieces in aluminium?.

Does anybody know someone that can help me?
                    Those props and spinners look great man! Maybe you could shave some of the thickness from the front and rear of the prop hub? Thinner washer?

Comment

Those props and spinners look great man! Maybe you could shave some of the thickness from the front and rear of the prop hub? Thinner washer?
                      Thanks Bro. I was talking to a friend a few minutes ago, and he told me of a few places here that he thinks can make those pieces. They make aluminium pieces for race cars using aeronautical aluminium so i think i have a chance there.

Comment

• Go to Tru Turn and get the prop shaft adapter that bolts onto the motor. I found I had the same problem and just ordered two of them for my Power 32s. I also just did some extensive research with the Ecalc website on what props to use with them. The 12x6 3 bladed Master airscrew should fly it ok but the best prop is a two bladed 12x8 MAS electric for watts and speed. It should do about 60 mph on the 3 bladed prop and about 72 mph on the 2 bladed.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip, Rosytime. I didn't know Truturn sold the prop adapters. I might have to take another look at the Power 32's...

Comment

• If you are going to use the Rimfires, Tru Turn makes an adapter for them. In fact they make an adapter for most motors.
                            TTE-08315-AC

Comment

• Today i decided to try a CNC LATHE Machine that a friend of mine suggest for making the adapters.
                              They seem very confident in their abilities to make that piece, lets see tomorrow how they turn to be.

Comment

• Prop adapters made !!
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Awesome!!!!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• For those with a 3D printer, I have uploaded the ProFly OV-10 exhausts to my cults3d page, link below:
                                    Printed exhaust details for the ProFly OV-10 Bronco. Attach to the Engine/tail booms via 3 small screws. Exhausts have a slight downward angle. Mounting plates have an arrow pointing UP to identify which is port and starboard.

Comment

• I wish I knew someone with a CNC lathe to make mine. I'll just wait for the Tru Turn adapters to arrive. Here's some pics of mine assembled. I just need to put the decals on, from Callie Graphics, and finish up some final assembly. I'm going to have to change out the retracts since for some reason they all wont retract or extend together. Don't know if it's a voltage issue or what but they are out of the A-10 and they worked fine there. I might have to run a separate lipo for them and possibly all the servos. Just waiting for an answer from Motion on when the retracts they have are coming in before I go ahead and purchase another brand. I can maiden it with the gear that I have now and just leave the gear down. I'll make that decision soon. I do have a set of electric Robarts in another plane and I do like them because of the positive lock up and down. I just don't like the price. The E-Flite set might be the answer. Attached are some pics. Take note of the spaghetti mess in the fuselage with both harnesses going into all the wyes into the receiver. I can't do too much about that for now. Lots of labeling on the wires. By the way I got those labels from Hobbyking and they are much nicer than using tape and a sharpie. Click image for larger version

Name:	OV 10 9.JPG
Views:	1264
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	206269Click image for larger version

Name:	OV 10 10.JPG
Views:	1161
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	206270Click image for larger version

Name:	OV 10 11.JPG
Views:	1220
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	206271Click image for larger version

Name:	OV 10 12.JPG
Views:	1197
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	206272

Comment

• So do you take orders wrangler? Great work! I think im going to try and find the locking type low height aircraft nuts. Not sure i can come up with them but for finding longer prop adapters for my EMP 4030/10 may prove futile as they are not produced any longer.

Comment

• I order this from Callie Graphics and some nomenclature too. I"ll make a mix between the ones that came with the plane, another set and the set below.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X