Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
    How about a flight video guys? :D
    Well its about time someone got one of these flying, very nice and looks to fly great.

Comment

Thanks
      Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Thanks, Man! Very nice.

Comment

• I watched Robert fly his bronco all weekend, Ill have some vid eventually. What a sweet plane! I think the OV10 is one of those amazing designs like a T28, they just fly good!

Comment

That is truly a beautiful flyer. Very Realistic looking. I think I now know why Charlie likes them so much. The electric motors add to the Turbine persona very nicely.

Woody

Comment

• Very Nice GBL, thanks for posting

Comment

• Thanks GBL.. for the video. I actually took a snap at the end and used as my desktop!! How about some details on his setup if you can so we can start compiling what works and what doesnt. First question, i assume those are the Callie graphics for VMO-2? Same set im using as i grew up watching these in person. Camp Pendleton is where i started my RC hobby and on the same airfield that very plane was based.

Comment

• I'm also interested in what set up he used. Be great if you could post that information. The Eflite 60-120 mains just got pushed to a September delivery date.

Mike

Comment

• I’m most interested in what nose gear retract he used and what mounting modifications, if any, were needed. If any of you guys have installed the Robart 105 degree retract, I'd also like to know (see) how that worked out. Please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post
                      I’m most interested in what nose gear retract he used and what mounting modifications, if any, were needed. If any of you guys have installed the Robart 105 degree retract, I'd also like to know (see) how that worked out. Please?
                      Looking at the Robart 105 retract that i have here i assume that will have the same travel as the eflite that i installed on my plane. So looking at that, i assume anyone that will decide to use it will have to do the same work that i did on my Nose retract wood base.

Photos below
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi, new guy here. To help out GBL who is an outstanding videographer of my Bronco, I'll post some specs of my OV-10 to answer some questions that were asked on this thread.

Motor - Rimfire 32 x 2
                        ESC - Talon 90 x 2
                        Props - APC 13 x 6.5E x 2 (one is reversed)
                        Spinners - DuBro 2.5 inch x 2
                        Batteries for motors - 4s 5000 x 2
                        Electronics battery - 2200 Life
                        Retracts - Eflite 90-120 90 degrees x 3
                        Servos - Hitec HS-225MG Mighty Mini x 8
                        Graphics - Callie Graphics 1/7 VMO-2

Flying weight, I don't really know because I have not weight it yet. I get six minutes of flight time and landing around 50%. Mixed throttle, to include high speed passes. Most of the flight are done at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Since the video was taken, I got brave and have been doing basic aerobatics that this aircraft would do IRL. More than enough power with this set up. She takes off from grass with no problems. Very stable flyer with the counter rotating props. Pilots and exhaust will be added as soon as they arrived to add more scale to this a/c. The only mod I really had to do was extending the standoff for the motors. The retracts were all dropped in with no issues and the supplied struts slipped on with no modifications.

Comment

• X Wave retracts are in stock. Just ordered mine.

Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                            Looking at the Robart 105 retract that i have here i assume that will have the same travel as the eflite that i installed on my plane. So looking at that, i assume anyone that will decide to use it will have to do the same work that i did on my Nose retract wood base.

Photos below
                            Yep. it looks like the Robart will require the angled shims as well. I just ordered the X Wave retract from Motion, so hopefully that solves the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kangi1954 View Post
                              X Wave retracts are in stock. Just ordered mine.
                              Me Too.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by TLAR View Post
                                Hi, new guy here. To help out GBL who is an outstanding videographer of my Bronco, I'll post some specs of my OV-10 to answer some questions that were asked on this thread.

Motor - Rimfire 32 x 2
                                ESC - Talon 90 x 2
                                Props - APC 13 x 6.5E x 2 (one is reversed)
                                Spinners - DuBro 2.5 inch x 2
                                Batteries for motors - 4s 5000 x 2
                                Electronics battery - 2200 Life
                                Retracts - Eflite 90-120 90 degrees x 3
                                Servos - Hitec HS-225MG Mighty Mini x 8
                                Graphics - Callie Graphics 1/7 VMO-2

Flying weight, I don't really know because I have not weight it yet. I get six minutes of flight time and landing around 50%. Mixed throttle, to include high speed passes. Most of the flight are done at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. Since the video was taken, I got brave and have been doing basic aerobatics that this aircraft would do IRL. More than enough power with this set up. She takes off from grass with no problems. Very stable flyer with the counter rotating props. Pilots and exhaust will be added as soon as they arrived to add more scale to this a/c. The only mod I really had to do was extending the standoff for the motors. The retracts were all dropped in with no issues and the supplied struts slipped on with no modifications.
                                Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your set-ups. You were able to install the nose retract without modifications to the mounting surface? No shims or change to mounting angle? Does the front wheel retract fully into the wheel well?

Rick

Comment

• No shims or changes to mounting angle required for the Eflite retracts. My nose wheel does stick out about 1/4 inch when retracted with the supplied wheel. However, the mains are fully retracted.

Comment

• Hello all,
                                    I've been lurking and following for a while.
                                    Wanted to share with the group my first flight with my Bronco. Just a Short testing and Triming.
                                    I'm really happy with this model. flew great with almost no need to trim anything. I'll post more video when I get out to fly it again!

Comment

• Originally posted by glyrenden View Post
                                      Hello all,
                                      Wanted to share with the group my first flight with my Bronco. Just a Short testing and Triming.
                                      I'm really happy with this model. flew great with almost no need to trim anything. I'll post more video when I get out to fly it again!

Great. That's the same power set up I'm planning on using.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by glyrenden View Post
                                        Hello all,

Great Video , thanks !!!

Comment

• Good to have TLAR and glyrenden onboard and to share their setups on this Bronc. I have my wing and fuse center recovered and doing flight surfaces next. Im toying with some ideas on making some closer to scale functional main struts and a semi opening rear fuse fairing but i rather get this flying and go back later for that. I think it was wrangler that posted about battery sizes and the room under the cockpit tub may not allow 6s 6000ma batteries. Any further thoughts or pics on that as most of mine are 6s 5000 on up for my FW EDF's.

Comment

Working...
                                          X