Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heck yes. Batteries came today from motion for my P 47. Looks like a maiden on the weekend. God please keep the rain away.
    Dewey l

Comment

• Hello Gents, I have a question as I am fairly new to planes, this question may be somewhat in the wrong thread but I thought maybe not? lol.
      Is this current FMS plane any better as in quality than the older FMS planes like the Big Beautiful Doll P-51D?

Sorry that this is a bit off topic..:) Thanks,

Comment

• Right there with ya Dewey! Just got mine put together and hoping the rain will subside in time for a weekend maiden. Until I can get my hands on some shrink wrap I'll have to maiden with the stock prop and 6S.

Hi TomC...I would say this P-47D is much better quality than their older models. The bullet connecting wings are so much nicer than fiddling with multiple servo leads. Part fit, low part count, ample battery/rx area space, plastic detailed cockpit, gear wells (both pre-painted in green chromate) and a ridiculously minimal build time all conspire for a better overall quality model than what they had out a few years ago. Can't wait to maiden, then paint her up as the Zombie!

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey TomC. Man this FMS bird is way above any they have produced yet. Makes all there other birds look like dinosaurs. I think everyone can thank motion and FL for making them raise the bar to build something like this.
          Dewey l

Comment

• Thank-you Sir...This plane may have changed my direction from the P-51D Beautiful Doll..:cool:

Comment

• Tom, not to take away from this airplane at all, I think its pretty cool, but I have a V8 Big Beautiful Doll and she's a sweet flying airplane as well, either way, you really can't go wrong, all boils down to what really appeals to you.

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Spot on Gman or just be a greedy buggar like me and add hangar space and have em all !!!!
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• So what kind of prop can we use thats larger and still retian the 6s power system. I dont mind upgrading esc if need too
                  AMA 1102566

Comment

• That's a good question...Anyone know what the stock motor is rated for amperage-wise? Mine's all ready for (the rain to clear) maiden but that stock prop just don't look right, lol...

Click image for larger version  Name:	puttogether.jpg Views:	2 Size:	166.6 KB ID:	58508
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I am guessing around 70 ish Amps? Just by the size of the ESC. People have run the 650kv motors from the P-40 up to 100A or so, but I wouldn't go any higher than that. If you really want 6S power and a better scaled prop, get the 360kv 5060 motor from the FMS Pitts and a 100A ESC with the 1700mm P-47 prop. The Skyraider prop might also fit on the larger motor, but would need to be drilled out. Or you could swap shafts with the stock motor. This has been the optimal power combo for the 1700mm series, so it should provide more than enough performance for this model. However, the motor is too long to fit in the stock cowl as TI noted earlier in the thread. However, it would only take minor trimming around the cowl opening to allow the larger motor to fit. Otherwise, the Skyraider prop on 6S on the stock system will pull over 100A on the stock system according to ecalc. It might be fine if you aren't pushing full throttle the whole flight, but it would be risky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                        That's a good question...Anyone know what the stock motor is rated for amperage-wise?
                        As I indicated back on post #101 it is 70A.
                        https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...7807#post57807
                        That number came directly off the FMS PDF data spread sheet for all their motors they provide.
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Good info thanks for that. I will know by Saturday afternoon what the HSD prop pulls on a 5S with the stock motor/ESC...I'm going to maiden stock everything, then second flight will be with the HSD prop and 5S.

Here's the prop comparison...

Click image for larger version

Name:	propcompare.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	58515
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• TomC don't get me wrong. I still love the mustang also. I have the 1450 Snoots Sniper and the 1700mm Ferocious Frankie and love both of them. I'm just saying that the changes that have been made now are better. The mustangs with the stuff they done to the P47 would make me buy anotherone right now.
                            Dewey l

Comment

• I dont mind 4s either I have plenty of those. Has the cg been affected? You guys going via the fruit to get these props? We need A1 hub too I suppose?
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• Yep went to "The Fruit" (lol) to grab mine. I gotta think 4S wouldn't be enough power for this bird and that prop?? It's a one piece prop and you can still use the stock hub just fine but refer to TI's posts about what you need to do to get it to fit on the stock shaft...i.e.

"I used a prop reamer to cut a pocket for the hex then put one piece of heat shrink over the shaft the length of the prop hub then tightened the stock hub nut on it."
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  Yep went to "The Fruit" (lol) to grab mine. I gotta think 4S wouldn't be enough power for this bird and that prop?? It's a one piece prop and you can still use the stock hub just fine but refer to TI's posts about what you need to do to get it to fit on the stock shaft...i.e.

"I used a prop reamer to cut a pocket for the hex then put one piece of heat shrink over the shaft the length of the prop hub then tightened the stock hub nut on it."
                                  The prop being one piece is a plus to me, it's heavy duty...you could run a bassboat with it. 4S is a little weak but it's fine for scale flying, if I want to go faster I'll swap the prop and run on 6S or get my 980mm high speed P-47 out.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Could I just sub out a 100amp Castle Ice cool and keep the 6s?
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• What about the prop for the 1700 p47?
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                        Could I just sub out a 100amp Castle Ice cool and keep the 6s?
                                        The problem is the stock motor is rated at 70 amp max. That prop on 6S is too much for that motor and will bog down at the higher power settings. You would need a new motor and ESC if you want to run that prop at 6S. Refer to F106DeltaDart's post #171 above for motor/combo ideas.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                          What about the prop for the 1700 p47?
                                          I'm going to try that out with 4S on Saturday assuming weather cooperates.

Comment

Working...
                                          X