X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BluesDragon View Post
    Had to get out this mornin for a few, so I headed to the field to spend a little social distancing time. Burned a couple batteries in each and went well... until my final descent on the P-51. The descent was pert good actually, I just got a little too squirrelly on the ruder after touchin down. Headed off the runway into some weeds and busted the little plastic hinge tab thingy off the strut cover. No biggie though.. all good fun!
    When just going out to fly and dink around I leave the covers Off. they are not needed to just go fly around and practice landings, getting use to the flaps, and getting proficient with cross wind landings. I put them back on when I go to the fun fly's and small Air Shows. I haven't broken any YET knock on Wood LOL!!!!

Comment

• Welp, our last legal place to fly was just closed due to the virus.

Comment

• Well, the lock down isn't affecting my flying because the access road to the field won't be open until late April or May. Unfortunately, I'm within 5 miles of an airport, so rotary wing in the yard is out too.

Comment

• Edited video of the maiden flight of my Simple Storch. It's funny; I'm really enjoying the foam board airplanes.

Comment

• I think I found a way to beat this self isolation social distancing thing. That is, if my neighbors in my cul-de-sac do not mind too awful much. Actually, there is a park just a couple blocks from my home. Only problem is that it's being over run with yoga mom's out there on the grass. I'm keeping on the sticks one way or another!
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I think I found a way to beat this self isolation social distancing thing. That is, if my neighbors in my cul-de-sac do not mind too awful much. Actually, there is a park just a couple blocks from my home. Only problem is that it's being over run with yoga mom's out there on the grass. I'm keeping on the sticks one way or another!
              I did that at Christmas time in Florida with my umx timber, great fun and had one of my inlaw neighbor say "you are one of those drone flyers looking in peoples windows" no there is no camera on this ma'am.
              AMA 424553

Comment

• Haven't flown for weeks due to weather. Finally, got out this morning for a few flights. Nobody else at the field. Main runway almost clear but the following planes are still the best for this type of environment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3568.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	245323

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Haven't flown for weeks due to weather. Finally, got out this morning for a few flights. Nobody else at the field. Main runway almost clear but the following planes are still the best for this type of environment.

Name:	IMG_3568.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	245323
                  Outstanding XV, I love the look of a lite dusting of snow on the ground, beats the 87 degree weather we have now and are stuck indoors. And of course our winds are very lite for the first time in months, which makes my entire fleet (and me) sob for being grounded. Hope that the snow goes bye-bye soon so you can get that SU-30 up for the maiden. I'm counting on you so I can "live vicariously" through your enjoyment with being able to fly.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

I think I found a way to beat this self isolation social distancing thing. That is, if my neighbors in my cul-de-sac do not mind too awful much. Actually, there is a park just a couple blocks from my home. Only problem is that it's being over run with yoga mom's out there on the grass. I'm keeping on the sticks one way or another!
                    Sounds like a great place to send a drone over !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Outstanding XV, I love the look of a lite dusting of snow on the ground, beats the 87 degree weather we have now and are stuck indoors. And of course our winds are very lite for the first time in months, which makes my entire fleet (and me) sob for being grounded. Hope that the snow goes bye-bye soon so you can get that SU-30 up for the maiden. I'm counting on you so I can "live vicariously" through your enjoyment with being able to fly.
                      Yeah, one east/west short runway is clear but it's GeoTex and the ground under it is very soggy. Any weight on it makes it ooze out like a sponge - very wet and dirty. It's going to snow again in a few days, but I'm hoping very soon, I can start to maiden my new planes one by one. Need to practice a little on my old tried and true jets first.

Comment

• Strange times gentlemen. Our society is not locked in (yet - it's coming) so there is scope to access nearby fields and parks for solo flying, which is a welcome mental break from everything that's going on (my job is quite intensive in terms of responding to covid, although I'm grateful not to be joining the growing unemployment queues here).

This morning I took my freshly painted FMS Avanti V3 out and then swung by the local hobby store to offer some financial support in the way of buying the new eflite a-10. A quick build this afternoon and then out into the golden hour autumn light for some maidens.

Back to reality now but feeling much better for it. I hope you are all keeping well.

Name:	20200328_102213.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	245399Click image for larger version

Name:	20200328_174807.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	245400

Comment

• Got in a couple good early mornin flights. Maidened the little one at the field. It's ahhight for little little... loads of fun for a 2cell. Had the wifey with me today, so she went camera happy on me. Personally, I prefer the still shots.. without me in the pics!
                          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• It was beautiful, if a little breezy, today. Our runway is still soggy from the rain we have had over the last week or so. However, I pretty much had the field to myself, so RC flying is a COVID19 safe activity;-)

Today was a keep it simple kind of day, I felt a high wing Cessna was called for (also known as the 1800mm Ranger) and it made for several relaxing flights.

JB

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	5C90623E-BB0C-4B47-8059-B5BA636C2E91.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	245676 Beautiful day here, and had the club to myself for about an hour.

Comment

• All Flite Test day today, with two flights on the Simple Scout, and one flight each of the Mustang and the Storch. I need to order a spare battery for the Mustang, as this plane just flies too nice to only put up once during a trip to the Flying Field. I have a battery that will work as a second for the Storch, which I'll charge for the next trip to the field. It flies quite nicely as well, and so far seems to be the easiest to land plane I've ever flown.

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                  Beautiful day here, and had the club to myself for about an hour.
                                  I really need to plan a day to head up there and visit your field again, while our weather is still in the nice, springtime pleasantness.

Comment

• Such a nice day here in Ca., all couped up trying to avoid that nasty virus, couldn't take it anymore so I put a flight on the AH-6......!

​​​​
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Video of the Mustang flight. Bouncy landing, but otherwise a good flight.

Comment

• The most pleasant maiden of my new HSD F-16 105mm EDF! What a great flying model!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                                          The most pleasant maiden of my new HSD F-16 105mm EDF! What a great flying model!
                                          Beautiful F-16, wondered how the HSD F-16 flew, saw some interesting videos on it but they seem to recommend not flying off of grass, which is my preferred field. BTW, your field looks immaculate and seems you have it all to yourself. Especially like the wind sock in the back drooping to the ground, looks like an ideal way to spend your time. I'm envious.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X