X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post

Where's the other plane you use to have?
    The Cherokee is still in pieces. I'm not sure the damage is going to be repairable, and at $75 for a replacement fuselage, and another $75 for replacement wings if I can't manage to salvage those, and a replacement motor will be essential, since the shaft broke completely off the original.

At this point, I'm still debating whether it would be better to just scrap the plane, and buying a replacement. I'm looking at close to $200 for fuselage, wings, and motor, and a PNP plane, new in box, is only $199.

Comment

• I closed a Buffalo Brewster for parts on other planes. The Cherokee had tinsel on it for Christmas time.

Comment

• Had a great day of flying Saturday! Got a bunch of flights on two Freewing greats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
          Had a great day of flying Saturday! Got a bunch of flights on two Freewing greats!!

Nice Jameson, time to get you to invest in an airbrush! They are too clean...or your lying and you never fly them

Comment

• I'm more of a "Home depot color matched touch up paint on every nick" kind of guy!

But... your recent videos do have me contemplating some weathering! Don't think I could ever trust myself on the F22 though. Still my favorite plane at the moment and a grown man crying over messing up weathering a plane just doesn't sound like fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

I used the main upgrade struts from the Flightline P-38, as well as the retracts. They required a few washers between the strut and retract to get the correct spacing, but they've worked well so far. I'd imagine it would be pretty fast on the stock setup on 4S! Even the lower KV motor with a larger 3 blade gets it moving pretty quick.
              Hmmmm, I have some P-38 struts and retract trunions lying around. I'll see what I can do. I need to put a 3-bladed prop on my Hurricane. The 2-blader looks awful. If the 4S isn't over-amping the ESC, I'll probably keep running her on 4S. That was a fun flight. :-)
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

• It was windier than was forecast for this morning but since I was at the field already, what the heck, I flew what I brought anyway. Tried to get a video of each plane but my little hat cam was acting up and I only got one full video and the second one cut short, just before landing. Third video (Banana Hobby V-22 Osprey), the cam cut out after 30 seconds. All 3 flew great, no incidents.

Mini Convergence .............................................

FV-31 Cypher ............................................

Comment

• Dusted off my buddy's Freewing 90mm T-45 he gave me (I call it a storage loan...He got out of the hobby but I refuse to take it outright)...Flies great but the gear doesn't want to retract during flight. I couldn't tell during the flight but I thought it looked like the gear was stuck. It was. Trailing link suspension looks cool on the landing though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T45.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	247789
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    Dusted off my buddy's Freewing 90mm T-45 he gave me (I call it a storage loan...He got out of the hobby but I refuse to take it outright)...Flies great but the gear doesn't want to retract during flight. I couldn't tell during the flight but I thought it looked like the gear was stuck. It was. Trailing link suspension looks cool on the landing though.

I assume the gear functions normally on a work stand? Maybe something about the way the air pressure pushes on the some part of the mechanism?

Comment

• I flew the Super Cub today and played with the cameras.
                      There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                        I assume the gear functions normally on a work stand? Maybe something about the way the air pressure pushes on the some part of the mechanism?
                        Yes they cycle fine on the ground. I was thinking the same thing. Something with the circuitry is causing them to stop mid-cycle, possibly due to the air pressure. Seems counter-productive for landing gear! I gather these gear are a known issue with many folks that have this otherwise great model. I plan on asking Alpha if it's something Freewing can look into, either as a V2 addition or V2 spare part set or something.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                          I flew the Super Cub today and played with the cameras.
                          Now those are the type of pilots I need, a little forecasting of their future with me at the sticks! Love 'em and where did you get 'em. Since I'm building out my F-18 in the Canadian Demo livery, and finding a decent pilot is so hard, I tried to find either a Dudley Do-Right or Snidely Whiplash size pilot to fit but I couldn't even get that. And they say you can find anything on the internet-Don't believe it.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                            Dusted off my buddy's Freewing 90mm T-45 he gave me (I call it a storage loan...He got out of the hobby but I refuse to take it outright)...Flies great but the gear doesn't want to retract during flight. I couldn't tell during the flight but I thought it looked like the gear was stuck. It was. Trailing link suspension looks cool on the landing though.

You must be livin right, the gear didn't interfere with the gear doors and came down just fine when you needed them. Had the same problem long ago with my FMS 1700 mm P-51 at first. The gear wouldn't come up in the air unless I went inverted, I guess not enough guts to lift up the heavier Robarts I installed. Ended up going to their "upgraded" metal gear retracts and have been fine ever since.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                              I flew the Super Cub today and played with the cameras.
                              That must be fun! I need to develop a plane with a big canopy that can fit a Pan and Tilt FPV setup.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

That must be fun! I need to develop a plane with a big canopy that can fit a Pan and Tilt FPV setup.
                                I agree, designing aircraft with optional camera mounts/access is a great idea, inside or out.

Comment

• I've had three T-45's so far, two had no problems with the gear but on my 3rd one, the gear didn't like to go up sometimes, so I would just flip the switch as soon as the jet left the ground before I got to much airspeed and it worked every time, but they worked fine on the ground, strange but that gear on the T-45 has a lot of drag, try pulling the gear up sooner and see if it helps.

Comment

• Got some evening flying in yesterday with the Eflite Hurricane. Love how well the lights show up at dusk!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                      Got some evening flying in yesterday with the Eflite Hurricane. Love how well the lights show up at dusk!
                                      I agree, very nice pics!

Comment

• Thanks DCORSAIR I will give that a try. Today was a Yank N' Bank with my 800mm P-51...

Name:	phoenix2.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	248379
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Always a bit of an occasion breaking out the AL37. Calm winds on Easter Sunday, nowhere to go and nowhere to be. Half a dozen packs, what an absolute treat.

Name:	20200412_090442.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	248461

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X