X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
    I have an AD for you guys. After 2+ hours of flight time on the Albatros, I noticed a gear not fully retracting in flight. Further investigation revealed that the screw holding the suspension spring in place was nearly all the way out. And on both gear! Apparently there was no loc-tite applied to these screws. So, I highly recommend that you check your main struts.

Click image for larger version Name:	20181028_083450.jpg Views:	1 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	158558
    Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• Same thing happened to me.

Comment

• Hi my name is Chris and I have an RC jet addiction... Lol been in the game since 1991 I have had many giant scale Gasser's and jets but I have to say I just picked up the L39 and im loving this bird! Thanks to MRC,Freewing and all of you that have worked hard to make these EDF's what they are today!

Comment

• Welcome to HobbySquawk Chris. We are all fellow addicts here. Enjoy.

Comment

• Greatlakespilot
            Greatlakespilot commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Rcjetdude love watching you and George baker! Hey how do I go about getting a tierd iron aviation T shirt?

• Welcome GLP!!!! I am Jerry and I have an airplane storage problem!!! LOL

Comment

• Greatlakespilot
            Greatlakespilot commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Hardway. I to have that problem I need a pole barn lol

• Easiest way to get a TIA T-Shirt is to join the TIA FB page and simply request one. If you are not a FB user you can always send TiredIronGRB a PM to inquire. He may have some in stock depending on what size you need. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Greatlakespilot View Post
            Hi my name is Chris and I have an RC jet addiction... Lol been in the game since 1991 I have had many giant scale Gasser's and jets but I have to say I just picked up the L39 and im loving this bird! Thanks to MRC,Freewing and all of you that have worked hard to make these EDF's what they are today!
            Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Yes, like Steve said check us out our Facebook Group at http://tiredironaviation.com All it takes to join TIA is to agree with our mission statement :Cool:

"This group is for those interested in all aspects of RC flying, we're located in East Tennessee but welcome anyone that enjoys the hobby. Our mission is to spread the joy of RC flying and encourage others to get involved, this includes helping new pilots that don't have piloting and building experience or skill stay interested in the hobby until they develop these skills. We also strive to create a safe, encouraging environment where all pilots feel comfortable flying any type of aircraft and no matter their level of experience."

George
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              Easiest way to get a TIA T-Shirt is to join the TIA FB page and simply request one. If you are not a FB user you can always send TiredIronGRB a PM to inquire. He may have some in stock depending on what size you need. :Cool:
              Thanks RCjetdude!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!

Yes, like Steve said check us out our Facebook Group at http://tiredironaviation.com All it takes to join TIA is to agree with our mission statement :Cool:

"This group is for those interested in all aspects of RC flying, we're located in East Tennessee but welcome anyone that enjoys the hobby. Our mission is to spread the joy of RC flying and encourage others to get involved, this includes helping new pilots that don't have piloting and building experience or skill stay interested in the hobby until they develop these skills. We also strive to create a safe, encouraging environment where all pilots feel comfortable flying any type of aircraft and no matter their level of experience."

George
                Awesome thanks George!:Cool:

Comment

• Hi Guys I pre ordered my L39 today from MRC EU. Just spent a few hours reading through the L39 thread and picked up some good ideas from you all. I am hoping the model is as good as your views say. Delivery date is early December, the winters can be harsh in England South Yorkshire so the L39 will spend the first two months of here life getting a new Livery. Not sure which to go for but rather think of a light blue and grey camo scheme.
                  I will keep following the thread and picking your ideas and thoughts on this long awaited beauty

Comment

• Originally posted by Greatlakespilot View Post
                    Hi
                    Hey GLP, Welcome to the Squawk the home of good advise, great pics, and even better peeps. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hey GLP, Welcome to the Squawk the home of good advise, great pics, and even better peeps. Best, LB
                      Thanks Elbee!

Comment

• Welcome! Congrats on the new jet. It’s a great one and chances are that you’ll be very happy with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                          Welcome! Congrats on the new jet. It’s a great one and chances are that you’ll be very happy with it.
                          Thanks T-cat very happy with the L39! :Cool:

Comment

• Safely maidened and now have 5 flights on her! Definitely different than my park flyers. Only had one nice landing where the mains touched first so more practice is needed. On a poor take off attempt, ran into taller grass and crunched the nose a little, left tip tank, and tore the left elevator hinge line, breaking its clevis. I am not familiar with the hinges used but they seemed ok so I applied blenderm to both sides of the hinge line. This repaired hinge has about 1/16” of up/down movement at the hinge line while the undamaged elevator has none. It’s been flown like this but I’m thinking it would be best to correct it. Anyone have experience with these hinges?

Comment

• These are fairly typical hinges used on today's Freewing planes. The center part is the swiveling part, with the ends being glued into the opposing control surfaces. Epoxy or hot glue the end parts back into the foam, making sure you don't get any glue on the swivel part. Of course, if the swivel part is damaged, you'll need new hinges.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	159057

Comment

• Does anyone know when the printed cockpit parts will be available? What about photos of the plastic parts sets A-E?
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Scale flight in spectacular sky https://youtu.be/aF_wzHMCHAY

Comment

• when will someone take pics of the parts on this plane? not really too hard to do id think but nothing yet

Comment

Working...
                                      X