X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marksj100 View Post

Everything appears to be in the correct place on the board in the wing. I may just bypass the board and have them on permanent, shouldn’t use much juice
    Mine worked,but I bypassed it and plugged them in to the double flash input. Looks great and can actually see them from quite a distance. Have a feeling that the battery would run them for days

Comment

I have a question. Just put my L-39 together. The landing lights don’t come on when the gear drops. They do work as I have tested them with a battery at the main wing board
      thanks
      I found when installing the wing tanks it sure was easy, because of the tight fit, for them to become unplugged.

Comment

• Originally posted by adb2@suddenlink.net View Post

I found when installing the wing tanks it sure was easy, because of the tight fit, for them to become unplugged.
        I thought about that so I tested them at the wing board and they worked fine. Anyhow for some reason they work now when the gear is down ????. Still may plug them in to stay on

Comment

I thought about that so I tested them at the wing board and they worked fine. Anyhow for some reason they work now when the gear is down ????. Still may plug them in to stay on
          They only work when the gear is down for landing. At least on mine that is the way they work.

Comment

I believe these boards use one or two common grounds for everything. Yours may have had poor contact on some of the plug pins. I had that on an early version of these boards and by unplugging each one and wiggling them vigorously back on, stuff that didn't work started to work. Poor pin contact can be a random, on/off sort of thing.

Comment

Everything appears to be in the correct place on the board in the wing. I may just bypass the board and have them on permanent, shouldn’t use much juice
              Stuart shows how to do this in a MotionRC YouTube video, maybe you've seen it... link included.

Comment

• Owe an update here after having been flying the Albatros for the past weeks. That the flight is absolutely delicious we already know from all the positive feedback from the guys, even that it is efficient but did not expect it to be to this extent. The past days we have been flying the Albatross perfectly at around 35 / 40% throttle stick, cruising around comfortably and even at a very reasonable speed squeezing up to 6min out of the stock setup..what and amazing flier and how aerodinamic the design is. Yet to see it stall too... Initially I had my timer set at 3min but ultimately after taxiing back my radio shows -3min with a voltage of 3.80V per cell. I could still squeeze it up to more than 6min I am sure. Kudos Motionrc & Freewing!

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  It was already done. ;)

This part will help support the nose wheel retract when it is extended. I used the rubber cement that came with the plane kit to glue it in place. Make sure that it sits about 1mm below the top of the retract bay to allow room for the nose gear door to close. It is best to install it when the plane is new. If you are installing it in an older plane that has fore and aft play make sure that it is installed flush with the back wall of the retract bay. If you push a worn retract forward it will change the caster angle and cause the ground handling to be questionable. There will be still be play moving forward on a worn retract.

I've already printed one and installed it. Works perfectly!
                  Thank you Pat,
                  I think that is a very smart idea. There is no one near who has a 3D printer so I'll make one out off aircraft plywood.

Rudy

Comment

• They should change the mitten hands on their pilots. I always paint them black so they are not so obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deegeedoo View Post

Thank you Pat,
                      I think that is a very smart idea. There is no one near who has a 3D printer so I'll make one out off aircraft plywood.

Rudy
                      I always thought people mounted these right on top of the servo. At least I thought that was what I had seen people do on Avantis. I have one I am gonna install on my FW Bae Hawk and didn't even think about putting it further down like that.

Comment

• Would be great if they would release a bunch of these in primer only, for those of us who like to customize.

Comment

• Nobody ever looks inside the cockpit of my planes to see what kind of hands the pilot has but when they do, Mario, the plumber and Bob, the Minion, have mitten hands. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I always thought people mounted these right on top of the servo. At least I thought that was what I had seen people do on Avantis. I have one I am gonna install on my FW Bae Hawk and didn't even think about putting it further down like that.
                            I think the farther away from the leverage point the better. On this L-39 the designer chose pretty well the best spot to mount the brace.

Comment

• Morning flights

Comment

• Did some visual upgrades to the L-39. Printed out the 3D cockpit files and used the instrument faces from the stock instrument panel decal. Painted the stock pilot’s helmet and mittens.

Comment

• Nice Vic. Looks good

Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                  Did some visual upgrades to the L-39. Printed out the 3D cockpit files and used the instrument faces from the stock instrument panel decal. Painted the stock pilot’s helmet and mittens.

Comment

• The aircraft I represented is actually called the L-159. The back seat is removed and has, I’m assuming, additional avionics in the back bay. I used thin aircraft plywood to create the cover seen on the actual aircraft

Comment

• Fashioned a HUD using thin aircraft ply and a material called Solyx. This stuff is a pretty good for HUD material. It’s transparent but also has a “prism” effect that reflects light at different colors depending on the angle viewed. Samples of this material can be purchased cheaply.

Comment

• The finished product!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                          The finished product!
                                          Nice looking livery. Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                          X