X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...

Short story short: Flew at a frozen lake with no good references where I, after having a close call when losing reference in the sun and haze, thinking I saved it low level, totally misjudged the distance to a forest and my beloved Su35 disintegrated when it contacted a tree. My relative inexperience shows and I learn a little more every time.
    Since there is no ARF-version I have found of this one, I will not get a new one but instead move on with fond memories of its capabilities. Onwards and upwards!

My 90mm Gripen with thrust vectoring will now be my standard aircraft, which isn't to bad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GripenAndSu35.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	335587
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Su35wreck.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	335588

Comment

• Noooooo.... that's terrible!
      :'(

Hopefully you reconsider in the future and get another one so you can properly enjoy it! :)

And speaking of... made this crazy compilation a while ago but run into copyright problems with YouTube and wasn't allowed to share it until now, which kinda sucked as I spent a lot of effort preparing this one, but finally, here it is! :D

Enjoy!

Comment

• In an attempt to get the info out to more folks, I thought that cross posting would help.

I have deleted all the cross posts that the system would allow and will leave the thread in the RADIOS AND RECEIVERS thread.

​​​​​​​-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Enjoy!
          Very nice.

I would like to see a 2 minute "Highlights of the highlights" to put the smackdown on those who post that their [Avanti/F-16/Rafale/Gripen/Whatever] is the best flying high alpha/post stall EDF ever.

Comment

• In an attempt to get the info out to more folks, I thought that cross posting would help.

I have deleted all the cross posts that the system would allow and will leave the thread in the RADIOS AND RECEIVERS thread.

​​​​​​​-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
              Very nice.

I would like to see a 2 minute "Highlights of the highlights" to put the smackdown on those who post that their [Avanti/F-16/Rafale/Gripen/Whatever] is the best flying high alpha/post stall EDF ever.
              Thanks!

I've made a few compilations of this jet over the years, but I've added quite a few new maneuvers to my rooster as of late so I guess I will have to consider making a new one, will certainly post when I do. (Because you can be certain that I will... mostly a matter of time) ;)

Comment

• You guys are too silent...
                How are your Sukhois going?

Here's some new crazy video ^^

Comment

You guys are too silent...
                  How are your Sukhois going?
                  Mine's not going anywhere until the snow melts.

Comment

• Well, spring should be coming soon enough! ( :

Comment

Well, spring should be coming soon enough! ( :
                      Chicago - some years spring comes in March, other years it waits until June.

Comment

• Inverted high alpha like a boss.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	suab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	338452

Do-it-Yourself Afterburner.

Comment

• Comment

have you done any modifications to this one, or still relatively stock...? what receiver do you put in them?

Comment

video
                                Very nice. Next week's episode - "Straight and Level".

I'm really looking forward to a short "highlights" video to put the smack on the guys who post how their Viper/F-16/Avanti/F-22/Whatever is the most aerobatic and best at high alpha the world has ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                  Very nice. Next week's episode - "Straight and Level".
                                  Can only do that for formation flights... and just barely!

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                  I'm really looking forward to a short "highlights" video to put the smack on the guys who post how their Viper/F-16/Avanti/F-22/Whatever is the most aerobatic and best at high alpha the world has ever seen.
                                  Gotta do that someday!
                                  At the moment I'm working on a 'movie' on how I made my EF-18A (paintjob, decals...).
                                  It takes a hell lot of work. :'(

Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
                                  have you done any modifications to this one, or still relatively stock...? what receiver do you put in them?
                                  Quite a few, lol...

I made an entire build and mods video of this one... so have at it!

In addition to what is in the video, I recently replaced the EDFs by FMS PRO 1900kv 12 blade units and ESCs by 80A Hobbywing Platinum Pros.

The jet in the build video is the same as in my latest Su-35 flying video that I posted and is currently my most flown aircraft ever at almost 400 flights. ;)

Comment

• kallend
                                    Not quite the compilation video you were expecting I'm afraid, but plenty of extreme high-alpha / hover flybies here to delight you! ;)

Comment

• And now, for some more extreme aerobatics flying... ^^

Comment

• Yo, guys, say something!
                                        Am I the only one left posting around here or what?

Comment

• Ok, silence it is then... I'll keep posting though. :')

Comment

Working...
                                          X