Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AVIATOR DOM View Post

Could it be because of weight issues?
    Or a simplicity approach, as this is billed as a 90 mm trainer. ( NOT AN EDF TRAINER)

Just my thoughts :-)
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• xplaneguy, how did you power your center burner? It looks like adding a small 2S lipo is the easiest, or did you tap into the BEC power to the RX?

PS. It seems like a good idea to paint the exhaust interior flat black for scale looks and to show the afterburner lights better. Is this correct?

Comment

• Just Checking ... this is the correct selection for the F22? Yes?
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
          xplaneguy, how did you power your center burner? It looks like adding a small 2S lipo is the easiest, or did you tap into the BEC power to the RX?

PS. It seems like a good idea to paint the exhaust interior flat black for scale looks and to show the afterburner lights better. Is this correct?
          You can tap into your 6s power, or supply a small 2s battery. I talked with Chris and he recommends the small battery to supply it.

you could attempt to paint the interior but I would recommend using aluminum tape. It won't bring it out as some may think and it'll add to the effect of the afterburner due to the reflection. I have it both in my F15 and F4 and it looks incredible. I plan to replicate this with the F22 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
            Just Checking ... this is the correct selection for the F22? Yes?
            Correct. Buy, buy, buy!

Comment

• Solid copy! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by AVIATOR DOM View Post

Could it be because of weight issues?
                Okay, IMO the FMS stuff is nowhere close to the same quality as Freewing. Yes the weight has something to do with it. and on the Corsair 1700mm, If you do not land a perfect 9-10 .. you will break something :)

Again, I have many of the Freewing planes and yes, I am new to this forum but not a beginner … over 40 years flying RC

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by MANFRED View Post
                  https://youtu.be/ib6cqDEc2hw seems like it would have been easy to install the wing lights, especially when you consider all the effects and lights on something like the t-45
                  We need to figure out how to get these green lightup strips for the vertical tails and the nose. These look great at night!

Comment

• How do you all feel about using the Admiral RS600SP DSMX receiver gyro in the F22? I put an earlier version of this in my P40 with good experience. I have a Spektrum AR610 in my Avanti and 80 mm A-10. Both EDFs were very stable in the air. Just looking to take advantage of the technologies as long as I'm not introducing unnecessary negative variables. My dumb thumbs are usually enough to worry about.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                      They are straight compression type struts.

Thank you!

Comment

• Look who's here!
                        Here comes the beauty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Visva11 View Post
                          Look who's here!
                          Here comes the beauty.
                          Where/who did you order from?

Comment

Look who's here!
                            Here comes the beauty.
                            What kind of black magic is this??? How do you have this already? Who do you know?? SPILL IT!!! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post

You can tap into your 6s power, or supply a small 2s battery. I talked with Chris and he recommends the small battery to supply it.

you could attempt to paint the interior but I would recommend using aluminum tape. It won't bring it out as some may think and it'll add to the effect of the afterburner due to the reflection. I have it both in my F15 and F4 and it looks incredible. I plan to replicate this with the F22 as well.
                              This year at NEFI I watched a fellow taxi his FW Avanti onto the runway and it made an odd noise as he throttled up. He retrieved it and pulled what appeared to be a wad of chrome Mylar from the tail pipe! He then took off, flew a circuit and landed, and pulled another wad from the tail pipe. It’s hard to get stuff to stick to epo! I think a high gloss paint might be best to avoid this, or to run the film so that it is sandwiched between the fan and thrust tube.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

What kind of black magic is this??? How do you have this already? Who do you know?? SPILL IT!!! :)
                                Haha. ????
                                straight from freewing through dealer.

Can't wait to build it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Where/who did you order from?
                                  Come on!!! Please say you got it from MRC!!!!

Comment

Haha. ????
                                    straight from freewing through dealer.

Can't wait to build it.

Seems contradictory .... Straight from freewing....albeit from a dealer?

Sorry Just asking....

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

Seems contradictory .... Straight from freewing....albeit from a dealer?

Sorry Just asking....
                                      Actually he's a aliexpress seller. In Asia. Only MRC EU sends to Malaysia sadly and that will make me pay very high tax .

this seller receives only 3 units of f22 from factory as now freewing is controlling this jet stock as it's still very new and early.

I regularly buy from him and I contacted him the first day this jet was announced itself. He helped me reserve 1 unit and give it to me.

So what I meant is, the seller buys for me this jet straight from freewing factory.

Comment

• I think I might try chrome silver paint, and then just feather a little flat black near the exit for scale look. Thanks for the inputs!

Comment

Actually he's a aliexpress seller. In Asia. Only MRC EU sends to Malaysia sadly and that will make me pay very high tax .

this seller receives only 3 units of f22 from factory as now freewing is controlling this jet stock as it's still very new and early.

I regularly buy from him and I contacted him the first day this jet was announced itself. He helped me reserve 1 unit and give it to me.

So what I meant is, the seller buys for me this jet straight from freewing factory.
                                          Can you post up a close up picture of the exhaust nozzles on it please? I am trying to figure out possible TV on it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X