X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juan De La Garza View Post
    Love the size of this model. Afterburner is on order. Can't wait for her flight. Hoping the family sees this eventually or anyone that knew Captain Jeff Kuss.
    Yup looks bigger in hands! Which Afterburner did you get? If it doesnt work out I made a few extra Burners for this F18

Comment

Love the size of this model. Afterburner is on order. Can't wait for her flight. Hoping the family sees this eventually or anyone that knew Captain Jeff Kuss.
      Juan, Looks great, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• 911 Memorial Fly

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5819.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	356657Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5807.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	356653Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5810.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	356654Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5812.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	356655Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5806.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	356656Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5819.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	356658
        Attached Files

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 6.44.30 PM.png
Views:	431
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	356699

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 8.21.14 AM.png
Views:	422
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	356746

Comment

• High 5!! Hey Megan Heather Chrissy- can't go wrong!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT4z63dBO6k

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 6.21.45 PM.png
Views:	420
Size:	969.9 KB
ID:	356826

Comment

• Just don’t crash!

Comment

• My parts came in. Need guidance on installing the ECS. Thanks in advance.

Name:	306921783_6184654074883278_2498663488328195857_n.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	356951Click image for larger version

Name:	ECS Unit.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	356950
                  Attached Files

Comment

• You need to tell us what it is that you need guidance for. We don't know what you know or don't know. Some well worded questions will be helpful.

Comment

My parts came in. Need guidance on installing the ECS. Thanks in advance.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	306921783_6184654074883278_2498663488328195857_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	356951Click image for larger version  Name:	ECS Unit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.3 KB ID:	356950
                      Just remove the 2 screws holding wood strip on top of ESC, use long phillips head through the intake grill, attach 3 pole wires same as existing or in existing hook up and test, if reversed just swap 2 of the wires- really easy! Run the Burner wires in same duct

Comment

• Fun flight with Ute on nice morning, Surf Report was Epic

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 1.47.37 PM.png
Views:	401
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	356959Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 8.43.35 AM.png
Views:	385
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	356960Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 8.44.29 AM.png
Views:	398
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	356961

Comment

• Comment

• Thats not the F18 is it!? You move the ESC on top??

Comment

• HTML Code:
                              Thats not the F18 is it!? You move the ESC on top??
                              No it is not the F-18 but it is an ESC for a 90mm which I removed from that airplane to an F-16 90mm. I took that pic to ascertain the correct wire configuration less I screw up. F-18 ESC is no different in your pic. My experience has been white is always the middle and the yellow and red are the outer, you’ll either hook it up backwards or forward. This pic should help you. White is like the white or yellow on a servo, I forget what that wire is called but you know what I mean.

Rich

Comment

• I have learned that the color of the motor wires really don't matter. They are quite arbitrary and only for reference so you remember which wire goes where to make the motor run in the correct direction. Once you get them hooked up the correct way, you can simply use the same color of heat shrink on the black ends so you can easily match it up if you ever need to take the fan out and put it back again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post
                                  HTML Code:
                                  Thats not the F18 is it!? You move the ESC on top??
                                  No it is not the F-18 but it is an ESC for a 90mm which I removed from that airplane to an F-16 90mm. I took that pic to ascertain the correct wire configuration less I screw up. F-18 ESC is no different in your pic. My experience has been white is always the middle and the yellow and red are the outer, you’ll either hook it up backwards or forward. This pic should help you. White is like the white or yellow on a servo, I forget what that wire is called but you know what I mean.

Rich
                                  HAHA YEAH I THOUGHT IT WAS THE FW 90MM F16 THE CHEATER VENT LOOKS VERY FAMILIAR!

Comment

• I have learned that the color of the motor wires really don't matter. They are quite arbitrary and only for reference so you remember which wire goes where to make the motor run in the correct direction.
                                    Um, that’s a real scratch your head moment right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetpltrich View Post

Um, that’s a real scratch your head moment right there.
                                      No need to scratch your head for very long. I have purchased many motors, ESCs and planes where those wires have NO color coding whatsoever. I always thought most everyone in this hobby knew that it doesn't matter what wire goes where. Hook them up any way you want to begin with. If the motor doesn't run the direction you want, you simply switch 2 of them - ANY 2. It doesn't matter. In fact, if you hook them up and then close the plane up, there is a step in most ESC programming where you can just reverse the motor direction from there if you need to change it. Some of the newer "reversing ESCs" even make it possible for you to simply "throw a switch" via the TX to have thrust reverse. If you want "normal" at one end of the switch position rather than the other, just reverse that channel. Where each of the 3 wires are plugged in are of no consequence.

Comment

• anyone have a source or color code for the blue angels blue...?

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
                                          anyone have a source or color code for the blue angels blue...?
                                          This isn't 100% perfect but it is certainly good enough for small dings and hangar rash touch up work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	colormatch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	357276
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X