X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    "No small task" <-- That's exactly what I hoped readers would glean from the article when I wrote it. Thanks for encapsulating it in three words, I should have just said that, instead. Short article. LOL
    Very nice work, for sure!!! No Small Task, indeed... That is the story of every "short" project I endeavor lately!!! LOL Thanks for everything! Jerry

Comment

• Nice Alpha...so THAT's why my next new 6 Cell T-33 is taking so long ;)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	5308449.jpg
Views:	1031
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	201256
        Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Nice Alpha...so THAT's why my next new 6 Cell T-33 is taking so long ;)
        Yeah...... mine too!!

Comment

• :Smug: Oh yea!

Comment

• Beautiful! Click image for larger version  Name:	T33 tbird.png Views:	0 Size:	29.5 KB ID:	201489Sorry for the aside...back to F-35.

Comment

• My first big edf jet nervous to maiden it lol. Created some parts for her already.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Back to the F-35!

:)

Unboxed mine and assembled it this evening. And of course shot a bunch of studio photos. I am duly impressed by the finish of this one. REALLY nice!

Comment

•  

Comment

• Nice flying, and some great footage. I need to pick up one of those F-35s sometime! Also, the heli is actually a Eurocopter Tiger, not a Cobra.

Comment

• 1st flights on the F-35, it has potential. First flight the elevator authority was poor, and the aileron was fast even on low rates. Started out with the throws in the manual and the CG as indicated on this thread. I also wanted to try the Hobby Eagle gyro, and the gain was set to high and I got aileron oscillation as soon as I turn it on. The entire flight felt nose heavy, including the landing.

The second flight I moved the battery back about a 3/8” and the elevators felt better. I reduced the aileron throw, but they still don’t feel right. I switched on the gyro and it felt better but still got some oscillation at high speed. Landing was better with the adjustment to the CG.

Third flight reduced the gain on the aileron, but still got some oscillation. The plane feels better, but the ailerons still felt sensitive. I need more work on the ailerons, and next flight I’ll adjust the gain down further. Also, I want to move the battery back some more.

Like I said, it has potential. I have more setup work to do.

Comment

• Gorgeous photos, Bajora, I don't know how you do it, but you always manage to make things look so much better!

Thanks for posting your flight adjustments, John, I'm sure others will benefit from your input. Most of the customer feedback I have seen on the Hobby Eagle gyros cite a gain of around 50% or less. That yours was oscillating at 100% isn't a surprise. The few times I've tested the Hobby Eagle, I usually end up with 20% gain or similar. I believe less is more.

On the F-35, I wouldn't be surprised if users ended up with different gain settings for each control surface. Overall a single low setting would suffice, but I could see how a different rudder gain could be helpful.

I'm glad you moved the CG back and found it pleasing. Once you get it dialed in to your preferences, please post your final position. I'm curious where it is in relation to mine, or TiredIronGRB's.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, I started my gains at a little less than 50% btw. Sorry I was probably unclear on that. I’m sure I’ll end up st the 20% or less like you indicated.

Comment

• "A bit of Cobra copter action this morning along with my F-35 flight"

Calling that a cobra would be like calling a mig 21 a phantom!

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                                …...I also wanted to try the Hobby Eagle gyro, …...
                                John, what Hobby Eagle Gyro are you using?
                                Thanks,
                                DB

Comment

• Originally posted by deadbug View Post

John, what Hobby Eagle Gyro are you using?
                                  Thanks,
                                  DB
                                  A3 pro (red label)

Comment

• Hey John Bergsmith, I enjoyed your F-35 picture so much that we included it in the RCAfterhours podcast.

It's somewhere in here... we didn't have an agenda, and I couldn't see his screen. We just sorta winged it.

Recorded 23 June 2019#rcafterhours #motionrc #blameandréhttps://rcafterhours.podbean.com/e/058-a-guy-walks-into-a-prop-house/***This is a recording of a show...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• First flights this AM ... in-flight photos shot by my pal Bret :cool:

Gooniac's Afterburner mod!

Comment

• Great shots :Cool:
                                        TiredIron Aviation
                                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Does anyone else find the 70MM F-35 hard to see ? Yesterdays maiden was very disconcerting and there were comments like "Yep it is stealth alright". I have painted some sections of mine in dayglo orange to try and improve visibility. It may not be scale but I cannot fly it if I cannot see it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X