Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOKING FOR SOME HELP TEAM FIRST PLANE 4 ME WITH THROTTE AND UBEC WIRE.. SO THROTTLE IS INTO RECEIVER AND UBEC INTO BLUEBOX,, NOT SURE IF THATS CORRECT Click image for larger version

Name:	16892909356965302075211593745869.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	382127

Comment

• Can someone tell me how to set up the nose wheel so it turns
      Had to take the wiring out and can't figure out how to setup the nose gear so it turns
      i have a spectrum AR 8360T receiver

Comment

• Its warming up and im itchen 4 maiden,, still waiting 4 callie roos( my fault) have cg thoughts..... 2 pics of bat location.. one cleary mine... the other is wesley,,, at that time helping motion..... old pic.. both 6000 mine is hrb 50c,, and is mayb 5 mm forward of the 185 recommended... question is the descepancy in position... the motian pic is 3 years or therabout is there a change in internal weight etc on the newer plane possibly the easier question is the cg mark good,, one last cg question is do i measure it right side up or down.... appears to make no diiff...... kinda hopen glider guy chimes in,, seems the man on this foamie,,, b safe all

Comment

• Woopsy

Comment

• Hi f4u, Chimimg in….

I use the Admiral 6000 as well. Not saying she won’t fly with your “forward” battery placement, but I don’t think you will like the handling. I have had one AL37 with a more forward CG, but not happy with it.

About 1/3 of my battery sits on the bump/carry through that your aft end sits against. If it were my bird, I’d move the battery back and get the CG on the mark. I measured wheels down and right side up.

1) Adjust the elevator up about 3 mm with the stick neutral.
            2) No flap elevator mix.
            3) INSTALL a gyro with gain about 60%.
            4) Low rates at first….then settle on high rate
            5) Keep a touch of power on to help the flare and touchdown.

Good looking bird….have fun!

-GG

Comment

• One more thing….

6) Install RF chokes. Remove the battery tray to do this. You can put them on both ends of the ESCs, but the forward end is more important.

If you plan on flying her a lot, wing skin cracking is minimized by epoxying in 1/4 inch carbon square rods into the wing channels. Remove the nacelles and invert the wing and epoxy a long rod to the top skin inside the wiring channel. You’ll have to hold it while it cures.

Elect not to do this, and you will get top skin foam cell boundary cracks eventually.

-GG
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4016.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	386207

Comment

• Thanku so much for prompt help.... yes my battery is aft looking but on cg 185 mm the orange batt is wes i thought to farrwrd.. thats why i was confused,, again thanx

Comment

• So there is no confusion….

She flies better when the CG is on the mark. I am sure many fly her with the CG aft of the mark.

Not so good with the CG forward of the mark.

-GG

Comment

• Has anyone upgraded the stock motors with the FMS Pro 70's?

Comment

• Hi all...
                      I'm just starting to fly my AL37. She banks hard right on lift off and full throttle with all surfaces at neutral position. The starboard side horizontal stab was about 10mm higher than the port side, but I've got that down to less than 3mm, but she still pulls right bank. It's hard to fly. I've tried everything except trying to see if the port EDF is pulling more than the right side, but i think it is...
                      I've calibrated the ESCs (at the same time). Should i try to Calibrate them separately?
                      From what i'm hearing from other AL37 owners, this issue is not uncommon...

Any thoughts from the Gurus...?
                      Please advise. I won't judge. If it's me, I can take it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Spad Driver View Post
                        Fellow Motion R.C. enthusiasts!.
                        The Wallsburg Warbird Works is pleased to announce our CFO has approved the acquisition of a Freewing AL-37 for our growing fleet.
                        now the question is, do I have Callie make up grafics to honor my father who was Pan Am's last senior pilot. Or something a bit more modern and colorful?.
                        Either way I am looking forward to the challenges of the modifications recommended by members of this forum.
                        flying this beautiful bird is enthusiastically awaited!.
                        The PanAm livery would be great on it.

Comment

• Hmmmm…jasmith41,

I have flown 3 AL-37 (wore one out, crashed one into a light pole, and now happily flying bird #3).

None of the 3 behaved as you state. So, something is different with your bird.

If you are possibly getting a tip stall effect, try adjusting both ailerons up 5 mm when the stick is neutral.

I once flew with one winglet on and one off while the glue was drying on one of them. It DID behave badly and like you state. So….try flying with both winglets OFF! Maybe one is misaligned?

I calibrated both ESCs at the same time.

Finally, double check all flaps are aligned the same AND that there are no loose aileron or flap horns. And get in front dead center with the bird on a table. Move your head up and down as you watch ALL flying surfaces. You should not see anything odd or misaligned as you watch all flying surfaces.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                            Hmmmm…jasmith41,

I have flown 3 AL-37 (wore one out, crashed one into a light pole, and now happily flying bird #3).

None of the 3 behaved as you state. So, something is different with your bird.

If you are possibly getting a tip stall effect, try adjusting both ailerons up 5 mm when the stick is neutral.

I once flew with one winglet on and one off while the glue was drying on one of them. It DID behave badly and like you state. So….try flying with both winglets OFF! Maybe one is misaligned?

I calibrated both ESCs at the same time.

Finally, double check all flaps are aligned the same AND that there are no loose aileron or flap horns. And get in front dead center with the bird on a table. Move your head up and down as you watch ALL flying surfaces. You should not see anything odd or misaligned as you watch all flying surfaces.

-GG
                            Thanks again...

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
                              Hi all...
                              I'm just starting to fly my AL37...
                              I am wondering if you could put a prop tach on the EDF to see if one is turning faster than the other when you run them up. Tachometers made for props won't give a correct reading on an EDF (because of the blade count) but the reading you get on one could be compared to the reading on the other one - which might give you the answer. I have a hunch that one of your fans is turning faster or slower than the other one. If that in the case, then you could try calibrating but it could be that the two motors aren't exactly identical.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post
                                Hi all...
                                I'm just starting to fly my AL37. She banks hard right on lift off and full throttle with all surfaces at neutral position. The starboard side horizontal stab was about 10mm higher than the port side, but I've got that down to less than 3mm, but she still pulls right bank. It's hard to fly. I've tried everything except trying to see if the port EDF is pulling more than the right side, but i think it is...
                                I've calibrated the ESCs (at the same time). Should i try to Calibrate them separately?
                                From what i'm hearing from other AL37 owners, this issue is not uncommon...

Any thoughts from the Gurus...?
                                Please advise. I won't judge. If it's me, I can take it...
                                Was to windy for my maiden thismorning (sunday here) cant wait,, any way i have watched every u tube vid possible over and over..... (dont want to tip still) like some have,,, afew have had a roll to the right some scraping winglets,, the one thing i noticed was they were all a shorter run up.. not enuf speed just a thought... the pilot ryan one with his friend( military scheme ) does it ,,, even on touch ngo

Comment

• Hello fellow aviators,

new-be here from Scotland with 2x AL37’s. I have read almost every post on every page and have a list of modifications / improvements to make to the 2 (one brand new and one second hand) i have in my hanger.

I plan to repaint both of them, one in Sunwing colours and the other as the RAF Poseidon MRA1.

i do have a couple questions regarding paint preparations / clear coatings on these models.

but hello and impressed with the great knowledge shown in this thread 👍🏻.

Comment

• Welcome to the sqauark team. Scots

Comment

• Welcome Scots_rubz !
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hi Guys, i put together this al37 about a year ago, flew once because battery connector got hot and original solder just desoldered. so it flew for about 3 minutes. first flight. landed by itself on grass on lot next to runway. but the lights of me i dont remember what did i do that now i cant get the ailerons to turn up and domw, they either go up or down at same time. any ideas-. thank you.

Comment

• Hi Guys, i put together this al37 about a year ago, flew once because battery connector got hot and original solder just desoldered. so it flew for about 3 minutes. first flight. landed by itself on grass on lot next to runway. but the lights of me i dont remember what did i do that now i cant get the ailerons to turn up and donw, they either go up or down at same time. any ideas-. thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X