X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steve@stevebeaver.com View Post
    I am new to the RC world. What kind of flight time can I expect on the AL37 before I have to land it and change out the battery?
    Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

I will also voice concerns about success, if this is your first RC plane. If it is, you will be well advised to buy a a slow trainer a get experience.

The AL37 is fast, touchy, long landing and does benefit from an add-on gyro.

Then, after flying a small, slow trainer plane, migrate to a less tricky EDF jet and learn it well. Then, you will have a better chance of success with the AL37.

-GG

Comment

• hi guys
      im a reg fast mover edf jet guy, i took the plunge and bought the AL37, i plan on doing the P-8 Posiden scheme with graphics from callie,is there anyone here that could share there thoughts on going scale flight from fast mover with this bird.also anyone running spectrum with there bird that could give some insight on settings
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by johnsctt78 View Post
        hi guys
        im a reg fast mover edf jet guy, i took the plunge and bought the AL37, i plan on doing the P-8 Posiden scheme with graphics from callie,is there anyone here that could share there thoughts on going scale flight from fast mover with this bird.also anyone running spectrum with there bird that could give some insight on settings
        Hi John,
        You’ve come to the right place. Sit back and read the posts on this forum. Tons of info already here.

I don’t fly Spectrum, but can restate…get a gyro installed. Much better flyer with one.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Hi John,
          You’ve come to the right place. Sit back and read the posts on this forum. Tons of info already here.

I don’t fly Spectrum, but can restate…get a gyro installed. Much better flyer with one.

-GG
          TY GliderGuy
          def on the gyro,im going to start from page 1 and work my way up.

Comment

• I've been flying mine with no gyro since day one. It's just a matter of personal preference. I use Spektrum but just a 8000 receiver nothing fancy. 100% throws with 30 to 35% expo. I did bypass the blue box on my elevator. I love the way it fly's.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	314.6 KB ID:	398005
            Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
              I've been flying mine with no gyro since day one. It's just a matter of personal preference. I use Spektrum but just a 8000 receiver nothing fancy. 100% throws with 30 to 35% expo. I did bypass the blue box on my elevator. I love the way it fly's.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	314.6 KB ID:	398005
              Mike
              Agreeing with the no gyro and expo comments.

I installed the gyro to reduce the tail wiggle only. A gyro stops that nicely.

-GG

Comment

• John. It's an awsome scale flyer.. I to run a gyro..needs a big space to fly

Comment

• My Alaska Scheme Al-37 and a friends Dominican Airline "ARAJET" Scheme AL-37 next to each other

Comment

• Wow both awsome looking aircraft..... have they been flown,,,,, they look awsome in the air

Comment

• Originally posted by wrangler1 View Post
                      My Alaska Scheme Al-37 and a friends Dominican Airline "ARAJET" Scheme AL-37 next to each other
                      the jets Looks great Wrangler. the reciever mount you posted pics of, could you share the .stl on that

Comment

• Of course they have been flown, on page 109 of this thread you can see photos of my plane while flying chased by a drone. And here you have 2 of the Arajet followed by the drone too.

Comment

• Awsome pics

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220118_103741.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	335450
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20220119_015133.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	335451Click image for larger version

Name:	20220121_201500.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	335452Click image for larger version

Name:	20220121_205125.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	335453Click image for larger version

Name:	20220121_201304.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	335454Click image for larger version

Name:	20220123_010457.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	335455Click image for larger version

Name:	20220119_015258.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	335456Click image for larger version

Name:	20220123_005559.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	335457Click image for larger version

Name:	20220123_010422.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	335459Click image for larger version

Name:	20220121_153353.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	335460 Hi to all from the Dominican Republic. I decided to build my storage AL-37 a few weeks back and decided to decorate it with the Alaska Airlines Cartoon scheme. Due to a lack of information i didn't prepare the base color of the tail for the decals, so i used one that i ordered also of the B 737-800 original launch livery as a base and over it i put the face that goes on all Alaska Airlines planes. Also i modified a little bit the original design but it came completely amazing !!!!. Also i will use the Spektrum Ar 637T receiver and decided to put it over the CG point, to reach the position i design and printed myself a base that compensates the 12 mm difference (nose down) from where is going to go vs the real leveled attitude. And also i'm taking my time with your comments so i can made the improvements before the maiden.
                            Hi wrangler1,

I am interested in the part you made for the AR637 receiver to sit in and to clip on at the C of G point.

is this design available on any 3d printing parts websites, or are you able to share the .stl file?

thanks.

Comment

• Hello, of course i can share the STL with you all. I made it for the Spektrum Receiver AR-637 T. The STL is attached. SPEKTRUM AR-637T RX CASE with Freewing AL-37 over CG Rx Base (1).stl

Comment

Hello, of course i can share the STL with you all. I made it for the Spektrum Receiver AR-637 T. The STL is attached. [ATTACH]n399552[/ATTACH]
                                thank you Wrangler for sharing your work

Comment

• Thanks wrangler1 for sharing. I will print it at the weekend. 👍🏻

Comment

• is the left wing drop im seeing alot of in youtube vids just pilot error or is there an issue with the AL37?,I do see there are guys bypassing the Aileron/elevator to blue box and running direct to reciever.any tips or suggests on the first few flights,im thinking AS3X for a little help.I currently fly eflite f-16s,fms fa-18s etc, but the scale flying is my new venture

Comment

• I haven't experienced that issue. I did bypass the blue box on my elevator.
                                      Mike

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4239.jpg Views:	0 Size:	314.6 KB ID:	400362
                                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• No probs 4 me also,, around 12 flights.. keep up the speed in turns,, on take off.. mine is unmodified. HAS NOT LOOKED LIKE DROPING A WING hav fun bsafe Click image for larger version

Name:	20231011_193109.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	400404

Comment

• Originally posted by johnsctt78 View Post
                                          is the left wing drop im seeing alot of in youtube vids just pilot error or is there an issue with the AL37?,I do see there are guys bypassing the Aileron/elevator to blue box and running direct to reciever.any tips or suggests on the first few flights,im thinking AS3X for a little help.I currently fly eflite f-16s,fms fa-18s etc, but the scale flying is my new venture
                                          I have not experienced a wing drop as you describe, and I do not bypass the box. However, if it is related to a tip stall...try this:

With neutral aileron trim and stick centered, manually turn both aileron adjustments to where each aileron is about 5 mm up from being flush with the trailing edge. I've used this trick on several high aspect ratio, swept wings. It works like a charm. The up aileron serves to forestall the tip stall and wing drop.

-GG

Comment

Working...
                                          X