Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys recommend using half flaps for takeoff on pavement?
    Do you also recommend using the elevator / flap mix at book values?

Comment

• Originally posted by Desolation Angels View Post
      Do you guys recommend using half flaps for takeoff on pavement?
      Depends on the wind conditions. Yes if no wind not necessary of you have wind. The plane will take off all by itself in almost every case I have flown mine and at 50-60% throttle.

Comment

• Thanks Avanti!

Comment

Thanks Avanti!
          NP

Comment

Do you guys recommend using half flaps for takeoff on pavement?
            I did the book mix, but removed it after a couple of flights. Mix isn’t needed. I typically use 1/2 flap for take-off and full flap for landing (pavement).

Cruise at 1/2 throttle to get longer flights. But….She’s fast when you want her to be.

-GG

Comment

• I use no elevator to flap mixing anymore since I started using servo slow function, 5 seconds down, 2.5 seconds up. I no longer see any effect in pitch.. Do this on all my planes.

Comment

• Thanks for the input fellas!
                Going to try and maiden my Delta version I've had built since Dec 2020- thread here:
                Official Freewing Twin 70mm AL37 Airliner Thread - Hobby Squawk RC Forum for Airplanes, Boats, Cars, Helicopters, Tanks, and Trucks
                Supposed to be very windy tomorrow but we'll see, might be Sunday but I'm going for it!

Comment

• Good luck!!

Comment

• Thanks Evan!

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas!
                      Going to try and maiden my Delta version I've had built since Dec 2020- thread here:
                      Official Freewing Twin 70mm AL37 Airliner Thread - Hobby Squawk RC Forum for Airplanes, Boats, Cars, Helicopters, Tanks, and Trucks
                      Supposed to be very windy tomorrow but we'll see, might be Sunday but I'm going for it!
                      Don't be too shocked by the tail waggle during certain parts of the flight. They aren't dangerous, just odd looking. A simple gyro will act as a "yaw damper", just like on the real 737.

Comment

• Hey Viper, I've considered adding a gyro and just using the rudder channel as a yaw damper after seeing vids showing the tail waggle.
                        Let's how it handles this weekend, I have to get this thing in the air.
                        She's ready to go!

Comment

• Desolation Angels I did my first flew flights without a gyro and it's a very nice, docile flyer. The waggle just looked weird. It also had a bit of a wing rock in a cross wind. Then a flying buddy who's a real 737 pilot told me I should put in a "yaw damper" like the real ones he flew. Did that and it cured it. I also cut the lower winglets at the same time and that seemed to solidify the wing rock, but can't really say if that was due to using some gain on the AIL gyro axis. In any case, my AL-37 is a very solid flying airplane now.

Comment

• KC-46 , operational refueling boom. Believe I made the first
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Never heard of the K C 37, only KC-46

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. G View Post
                                  KC-46 , operational refueling boom. Believe I made the first
                                  CG, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Glad to have you onboard. Outstanding work on your operational boom. I have had the privilege of sitting in the refueler's "lounge" and watching several ANG F-16s being fed. Big Fun indeed. Your mods are inspiring and your repaint looks perfect from here. . Please post pics whenever you are able. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. G View Post
                                    Never heard of the K C 37, only KC-46
                                    "KC37" is a take off on AL37 and 737. Just as Freewing could not call this plane a Boeing 737 and ended up calling it an AL37, he called it a "KC37". "A rose by any other name .................................... "
                                    If you really want to get down the nitty grittty of it all, the KC-46 was NOT built on a 737 anyway. It was built on a Boeing 767. So any way you want to look at it, a mid-air refueling tanker made from a foamie model of a Boeing 737 can be calle a KC-"anything you want to call it". Everyone knew what it was supposed to be. You don't have to "hear of it" because it doesn't exist, just like a KC-46 made from a 737 doesn't exist. It was a fun and dramatic mod for the purpose of enriching this hobby.

Comment

• Next mod , operational cargo door. Stay tuned

Comment

• I flew mine this past weekend and have a 5000mah battery all the way back on the battery plate. Even with this the airplane wants to dip the nose while flying and seems nose heavy? I had to give it tons of trim which only gave some relief.

Any ideas what could be missing on my end to get it fly flat and straight?

Comment

Working...
                                        X