Clear All

• Plus 1. Great job mate. ;)

Comment

• Man that's looking really good..

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
        Paint job milestone achieved! Still need to do a lot of small exterior painting like wheel wells, struts, GAU-8, etc. I'm also considering printing the aerial blade antennas to replace the flimsy stock ones.
        Outstanding job DD!!!!! :Cool:

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
          Getting close. I might be able to finish the camo by tomorrow and then move on to gear wells, GAU-8, exhaust,etc.
          Looks great! I love the camo.

TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks great Dee!:Cool:

Comment

• Looking really good with it all assembled. Great job Dee
              My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Sorry guys, I've been out awhile for work...beautiful job on the paint DD! I'm intrigued by the airbrush discussion...I guess I have been naïve about gravity vs. siphon feed. I have an old Paashe that I have had for over 20 years! It has three needle sizes that I trade out depending on how much paint I want to put down, and yes, it's a bear to clean. Do you use just the one size needle for all jobs? Rob

Comment

• Thanks all!

Rob, I am still a noobie with airbrushing and haven't really expanded my toolset for it. I have the stock needle provided with my single action and so far it has fit the needs. I'm actually looking for a replacement to change out against my harbor freight airbrush (badger patriot) for smaller details and to be able to swap out needles. when I get to any of the cockpit painting or final exterior weathering, I'll still need to use the harbor freight DA brush since the single action has a wider spray pattern and obviously cant adjust pressure.

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone has flown their A-10 with the upgraded nose gear and did it make a difference?

Comment

• The Camo looks great Dirty :a10

Comment

• I have used Paasche VL airbrushes for 20 years... They are awesome to me.... Love them. I have three...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                          I have used Paasche VL airbrushes for 20 years... The are awesome to me.... Love them. I have three...
                          Same here! I have a single and a dual action. Parts and accessories are everywhere.

Comment

• Good to know! I like the single action, and my only complaint was on this A-10 project (this being the largest plane I have ever worked on) I had a hard time with the airbrush not covering large swaths, so I got a lot of inconsistency in the finish due to differing amounts of paint, and using house paint was a real challenge. I was constantly having to clear clogs. I did use the High Performance Reducer for the house latex that RCJetdude recommended, and while I think it was great (I can't imagine I would have made it without it) the house paint seemed to dry almost instantly and had a lot of solidified stuff. I should have screened it with a cheese cloth or something, but was too impatient. Rob

Comment

• Also with larger areas, I use a siphon feed automotive touch up paint gun to do the big areas, then get the airbrush to feather everything in....

Featured Brands All Brands a-c d-f g-i j-l m-o p-r s-u v-z A-C Back To Top ↑ D-F Back To Top ↑ G-I Back To Top ↑ J-L Back To Top ↑ M-O Back To Top ↑ P-R Back To Top ↑ S-U Back To Top ↑ V-Z Back To Top ↑ We strive to make buying online a great experience. Our extensive stock of name brand tools and accessories allow our

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNX-SX10A__1.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	114549

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                Good to know! I like the single action, and my only complaint was on this A-10 project (this being the largest plane I have ever worked on) I had a hard time with the airbrush not covering large swaths, so I got a lot of inconsistency in the finish due to differing amounts of paint, and using house paint was a real challenge. I was constantly having to clear clogs. I did use the High Performance Reducer for the house latex that RCJetdude recommended, and while I think it was great (I can't imagine I would have made it without it) the house paint seemed to dry almost instantly and had a lot of solidified stuff. I should have screened it with a cheese cloth or something, but was too impatient. Rob
                                Rob, on the house paint, I have just used water to thin it. BUT, I have to use a drill and a paint mixer to get it like milk. Takes a while! (3-4 minutes)
                                LOL
                                ... Then strain it with a paint screen, and only use about 35-40 PSI. All my experience is double action, so take that for what it is worth... And good automotive primer helps a lot!! (For coverage).

Comment

• Good stuff...thanks!! Rob

Comment

• Here's the one I have.

I have had it for a few years now and its been great!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• When air brushing with latex, I cut it with windex. I start out with an 80/20 mix, and adjust it from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                                        When air brushing with latex, I cut it with windex. I start out with an 80/20 mix, and adjust it from there.
                                        I have noticed that quite a few folks use Windex. What advantages does it have over plain water. It is ammonia based I think.... Thanks for educating me!! :Cool:

Comment

• I have used isopropyl alcohol once or twice. It worked OK too!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X