X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
    Flew the FMS A-10 today as I'm still working on the FW. So here is a video of todays flight. The nose gear popped out on landing even though it was a small bounce a greased in landing. Chinese glue still tacky. 7th flight. Looking at the video the nose gear did seem quite loose.

https://youtu.be/uCjvnQVD78Q
    Can't view it. Blocked on copyright grounds??

Comment

• Outstanding Aros! Assuming you were using the yellow frog tape to start with, one of my buddies said to take a long strip of the tape and stick it to your T-shirt or sweatshirt first before you put it on the plane. This will lower the tack and yet still give you a nice line. I know, now you tell me,right? ............my bad:Loser:Thought that trick was more universal. Brad

Comment

• By the way, in reviewing previous posts, since I spent the whole afternoon at the field waiting for the wind to change, I noticed your using the green frog tape. That's at least half your problem. Use the yellow...........it's much lower tack. Then use the T-shirt trick on top of that. Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
          By the way, in reviewing previous posts, since I spent the whole afternoon at the field waiting for the wind to change, I noticed your using the green frog tape. That's at least half your problem. Use the yellow...........it's much lower tack. Then use the T-shirt trick on top of that. Brad
          FYI: I've been using Duck brand "Clean Release". It has yet to take any paint off when removing for me.
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Yellow frog tape! NOW you guys tell me! LOL ;)
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Finally I get a second flight in! It's ironic flying an "Arctic Camo" A-10 in 80+ degree heat but I've dealt with stranger ironies in my life, lol.

Felt like a touch of density altitude with the hotter temps...Seemed just a touch sluggish, but overall just fantastic. Had to wait for the Sun to dip down over the tree line before I could fly. The school is going through renovations so on top of the usual 1,000 obstacles, they added a real doozy with a giant trash bin the size of a semi truck in the middle of the parking lot (aka my runway). So I had to be extra extra on my toes...Luckily the Flight Gods smiled down on me and allowed a perfect greaser between basketball hoops, street lights and a giant garbage bin to end my day! Yeeeeehaw!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Looked pretty nimble to me. Nice job dodging the obstacles and greasing the landing.

Comment

• "Seemed just a touch sluggish, but overall just fantastic!"

Great flight! BUT..is it just me, that it looked like you flew with some flaps down?? That can make it a touch sluggish...Maybe it was the camera angle that made it look that way.
                  Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                    Great flight! BUT..is it just me, that it looked like you flew with some flaps down?? That can make it a touch sluggish...Maybe it was the camera angle that made it look that way.
                    You know what? I think you're absolutely right! It appears I completely forgot to put my flaps back up from takeoff setting! Good eye! No wonder she seemed a bit sluggish! <lowers head, slaps forehead with palm>
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• That looks great Aros!!! Can't wait to see it with the decals...
                      That is exactly the way I am doing mine.
                      I read where you used the green tape but I don't see where you posted the brand and color of paint used.
                      I sure would appreciate it if you could post that info...
                      Also didn't see the Arctic Thunder livery on Callies web site, is that a special order or something. I have never dealt with Callie, this will be first time.
                      Again, fantastic looking plane, you did a great job...
                      I may be a little partial though since I use to work on these at Eielson AFB Alaska...

Comment

• Didn't know Santa flew a Hog...

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                          Didn't know Santa flew a Hog...
                          Heck with the the sleigh and reindeer....

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

You know what? I think you're absolutely right! It appears I completely forgot to put my flaps back up from takeoff setting! Good eye! No wonder she seemed a bit sluggish! <lowers head, slaps forehead with palm>
                            Nice flight, Todd!:Cool: (I surely would have dented the dumpster.) Don't worry about the flaps- I just realized yesterday I've been flying all my models, for years, with NO expo. I thought I was just "inhibiting" the dual rate switches om my DX8 but noticed the little graph wasn't changing while setting up the A-10- expo was also inhibited. What a moron :Silly:
                            Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Can't view it. Blocked on copyright grounds??
                              I didn't even add the music as it was playing over a loud speaker and the camera picked it up. I'll have to do a remake with out sound.

Comment

• Looks great Aros! It's so easy to "over do" a camo. Yours is nice and clean. :Cool:

Even with the yellow frog tape, I had one spot that lifted between the nacells. Found out that in that area, the factory paint was loose from the foam for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Looks good there DD. Is that a "Flipper" on the left?
                                  Yes it is. Steve who is on here sometimes finished his painting this week. He has the most flights between the three of us. I have to say, the crowd was impressed at how well they handled the wind. Even heading into a 16-25 mph head wind.

Comment

• Excellent! It is a crowd pleaser for sure. I like seeing new paint achemes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

:) I have been flying, thinking what you was saying....and "DUH!" I had failed to run my flaps up...So when i was watching your video..Hey, Aros did like me!!:Silly:Forgot to put his flaps up!!
                                      Lon

Comment

• Great job on the paint scheme Todd....green frog tape and all! Incredible afternoon footage of the hog. You could see the fans slowing down coming out of loops and of coarse for landing. Pretty busy parking lot. What percent down do you have on the elevator for half and full flaps?

Comment

• Three more flights today bring this one to 9 total. Shot a few early morning photos and got Jeff to run camera for me again today as Steve & I attempted a formation flight with our A-10's. This was my 8th flight on mine.
                                          Mine was the 1st one to take off and last to land. I can also claim the 2 slow rolls and moderate level pass into a split S that were caught on video as being me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02007.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	82897Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02008.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	82898Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02009.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	82899
                                          My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Working...
                                          X