Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtconte View Post
    Thanks Bill. What 5500's are you using?
    I bought a bunch of Gen Ace 5500 45c packs to use in the big A-10. They also work well in the Avanti, A-4 and Mig 21
    My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by jtconte View Post
      Thanks Bill. What 5500's are you using?
      Hey guys, the biggest I have is a 5000. I picked up a 4500 and have 2x4000's as well. The new batteries need a 'break in' period then the discharge rate gets better, I really noticed that with the 5000. My biggest determining factor was the cost, but when you're running 6s, you might as well figure on $100.
      The reason for the 4500 is that the P-40 is now running 6s and CB uses 4500, so it's a good all round battery, will get more in the future. I don't see a problem with using a bigger battery, the battery placement is so close to the CG anyway. I wouldn't go overboard because of the weight factor, but hey, if you can work your way up and its still good, go for it.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• My friend and clubmate brought his stock yellow FW Avanti to the field yesterday. I thought it would be cool to take a pic of my custom red next to his stock yellow. FWIW, the red one is an 8s setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crashmaster View Post
          My friend and clubmate brought his stock yellow FW Avanti to the field yesterday. I thought it would be cool to take a pic of my custom red next to his stock yellow. FWIW, the red one is an 8s setup.
          Very cool.

Comment

• Avanti no2 ready for maiden... :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1713.JPG
Views:	1385
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	114141Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG
Views:	1433
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	114142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1709.JPG
Views:	1403
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	114143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1705.JPG
Views:	1458
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	114144Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1714.JPG
Views:	1365
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	114145

Comment

• Hi all...love this bird!

Comment

• Even Lilliputians like this plane! LOL

Comment

• Got in a flight after work :)LOL got a new fuse but it flys so good going to fly it like i stole it:Scared:

Comment

• Just a small bounce there

Comment

• ya still workin on my landings.. with the edfs:Silly:

Comment

• Nice flying. Cameraman did a great job too. Nice vid. :)

Comment

• I'm still getting that down too, although they are a lot better than they were, I still can't get over how some can settle them down on all three and no bounce. I guess it will come eventually.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Avanti and my pups ! She loves going to the field with me

Comment

• Originally posted by hotrod23t View Post
                              Got in a flight after work :)LOL got a new fuse but it flys so good going to fly it like i stole it:Scared:
                              Clearly touched down front wheel first, that caused the bounce. What's wrong with this fuse?

Comment

• Stop trying to land on all 3 wheels at once. Hold the nose-wheel off the ground. If you get it right, the drag of the main wheels touching pulls the nose-wheel down. Looks very nice and like you touched all 3 at once.

You want the nose-wheel to touch after the mains, never before.

What is happening is landing with (slightly) excess speed due to keeping the nose down. If the nose-wheel touches AT ALL before the mains it bounces the nose way up... and it looks like you used a pogo stick for landing gear.

You can adjust the spring tension in the landing gear to reduce the bounce. You want appx 1/3 of travel just with RTF weight on the wheels. (if it can travel 1/2 inch you want the stop screw appx 1/6 inch from the top of the slot) Do that to the mains too. More tension does no good at smoothing bumpy runways. Less and the gear will travel full range on bumps it should be able to handle.
                                I adjust by disassembling the strut and cutting 1/2 to 1 turn of spring off at a time. (Dremel cut off wheel) Put it back together and check, dropping the model from about1 inch above the ground (just enough bounce to overcome friction in the struts) then seeing where they are at rest.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                  Avanti and my pups ! She loves going to the field with me
                                  Reminds me of our cats.
                                  Sadly, Kit (the cat in the picture) is in kitty heaven now, but the three kittens love going downstairs to play with the planes. One in particular is trying to help whenever I'm doing something.
                                  I wonder what they're thinking sometimes....
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1150.JPG
Views:	927
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	115836Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1916.JPG
Views:	910
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	115837

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Are we ready for a Version 2? Front strut brace installed, control horns with backplates, flap servos flipped over (I think that was an engineering oops.), maybe other colors or all white for a diy scheme. I really like the yellow ever since I saw a yellow Scorpion. How about a turbine kit for the wealthy? There is not a lot you can do with a near perfect model like this Avanti.

Comment

• Hey guys I just got a freewing Avanti and was wondering where your cg was with an admiral 6s 4000mah. And what your recommended rates were. Thanks guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenage Flyer View Post
                                        Hey guys I just got a freewing Avanti and was wondering where your cg was with an admiral 6s 4000mah. And what your recommended rates were. Thanks guys
                                        Your CG range won’t change, only the position of the battery and components to achieve the proper CG range :Cool:.

I prefer the low throws on ailerons, low to mid on rudder, and mid on elevator. I found the high throws on aileron absolutely bonkers. LOL

Comment

• I agree, the first time I banked mine over to turn, she rolled!! turned mine down to 80% throws and mid rates are at 80% as well, works for me. I place my 5000 at the back edge of the wooden battery tray, the 4000 slightly forward of that, maybe a 1/4 inch.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X