Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good point and im good with the idea. I plan to keep the original scheme and paint /seal with poly.
    Thanks
    Any other ideas?

Comment

• I do the same as XViper with use of Foam-Tac glue under a lifting vinyl/sticker. If the plane is new and all decals looks good and lay flat, I seal it with a polycrylic clearcoat from the get-go to help reduce the chance of lifting in the future.

Comment

• My New Avanti just arrived from RC-castle with damaged wing tips, does anybody have experience with support regarding getting replacement'sClick image for larger version

Name:	P4240271.JPG
Views:	1325
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	191579
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Gaz, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Sorry to see that small bit of damage. I would recommend that you contact Raymond at RC-Castle directly and he can tell you exactly what his warranty/replacement policies are for something like this, since you bought it from him. In my experience he responds fairly quickly to emails.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Yeah, what Alpha said. However for me, I've received planes with that kind of damage and I don't even think twice about it or fuss about it. Mind you, I'm not a perfectionist and little things like that don't bother me. I've had that exact type of "wrinklage" and I just cover it with clear Gorilla tape to bend it back and smooth it over. It doesn't affect flight characteristics, so I don't really care. I get more damage than that after the first lumpy landing.

Comment

• Hi guys, does anyone know when motion rc eu will receive yellow fuselage replacements. Pranged mine today , checked out shipping to UK and its stupud money outside of europe

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy Cross View Post
                Hi guys, does anyone know when motion rc eu will receive yellow fuselage replacements. Pranged mine today , checked out shipping to UK and its stupud money outside of europe
                Hello Andy, Welcome to HobbySquawk! They are in stock now if you were still looking, apologies for not seeing this post sooner.

Comment

• Loved this screen grab of the Avanti at our club from the other day. This bird is always a joy to fly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ccrc 2.jpg
Views:	1167
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	193443

Comment

• Perfect Avanti shadow !

Comment

• I finally maidened my Avanti yesterday.

What a sweet machine... and the sound is wonderful. The trailing link suspension made our rough grass field look like smooth pavement. Yes, I am very happy with this jet.

One suggestion for Motion RC: While the fan unit has good power, it is a POWER HOG and the flight times are quite short. I read a long thread on RC groups about the Avanti where guys are replacing the Free Wing fan / outrunner unit with an FMS 12 blade inrunner unit and getting much longer flights with similar power.

Free Wing has some awesome EDF aircraft, but they could do better on the fan units. Three minute flights get old quickly... I have an EFlight Viper (FMS). It has an inrunner and I can fly that for 6:30 and still have some left "in the tank"...

But yes, I still love my Avanti!

Comment

• You don't have to fly it "pedal to the metal" the whole flight or if you're using a crap battery. Any and most EDFs will fly for only 3 minutes if you nail it. I lumbered mine along for nearly 10 minutes once just to see if I could. With mixed throttle, I can fly it for 4 to 5 minutes.

Comment

• Sometimes, the difference stated in flight times achieved with two different power systems that are close in current and using the same capacity battery is overstated. Most often, flight time variances have to do more with throttle usage from one pilot to the next.

Comment

• First, I wasn't using cheap batteries. I was using a China Hobby Line G+ 70c pack. If you want an education on batteries for EDFs, I suggest you read post number 1 of this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-Comparisons You will see that this battery is no slouch. I stand by my statement that the motor / fan in the Avanti isn't all that efficient, but does make reasonable power. The FMS inrunner fans are more efficient, especially at mid throttle. Say what you want, but I won't be drawn into a dog fight on this forum. That's not my style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
                              First, I wasn't using cheap batteries. I was using a China Hobby Line G+ 70c pack. If you want an education on batteries for EDFs, I suggest you read post number 1 of this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-Comparisons You will see that this battery is no slouch. I stand by my statement that the motor / fan in the Avanti isn't all that efficient, but does make reasonable power. The FMS inrunner fans are more efficient, especially at mid throttle. Say what you want, but I won't be drawn into a dog fight on this forum. That's not my style.
                              Nobody is "drawing you into a dog fight". If that's what you see it as, then that's a problem in your own mind. I was simply stating some possibilities. I had no idea what batteries you were using. Only you knew what batteries you were using and you made the assumption that everyone should know what battery you were using and you took offense at someone dissing on your battery that nobody knew what it was. You can stand, sit, lay down, do whatever you want. I also simply stated that I was able to fly mine for nearly 10 minutes. Yeah, I'll say what I want. Being drawn into anything is up to you. Nobody is drawing you into anything. You do that all by yourself.

Comment

• I'm sorry XViper. I probably overreacted. I had a long conversation about this very issue with Pilot Ryan who has flown basically every Freewing and FMS EDF model and this was his experience as well. The flight time difference is significant. I'm considering ordering this EDF unit to test in the Avanti. Assuming I do, I will report back my findings: http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-80mm-duc...0-kv2100-motor.

And I agree wholeheartedly about not needing to be on the throttle all the time. It's fun to cut the throttle up high and let it zoom by and hear the wind rushing over the model! :-)

Comment

• Thanks for the link Bill!!! :Cool:;) Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
                                    I'm sorry XViper. I probably overreacted. I had a long conversation about this very issue with Pilot Ryan who has flown basically every Freewing and FMS EDF model and this was his experience as well. The flight time difference is significant. I'm considering ordering this EDF unit to test in the Avanti. Assuming I do, I will report back my findings: http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-80mm-duc...0-kv2100-motor.

And I agree wholeheartedly about not needing to be on the throttle all the time. It's fun to cut the throttle up high and let it zoom by and hear the wind rushing over the model! :-)
                                    Accepted, Bill. Pilot Ryan is a credible source. I've seen most of his videos and he does tend to have a "lead foot" when he flies EDFs.
                                    I posed this question to a Toyota salesperson recently when I went to test drive the new RAV 4 Hybrid, which has the highest fuel economy numbers for this category of SUV. I said that's quite an EPA figure you've posted up for this car but, "What happens if your average owner doesn't try to 'hypermile' the vehicle?" The answer was, "Well, I guess you won't get those numbers, will you?" I can just hear Pilot Ryan saying this very same thing about my statement. :)

Comment

• Bill, most electric flyers that have been around know high (true) C batteries Aden not needed in many applications. We do our own testing. A 5000mAh true 25C pack is more than enough for the Avanti. Going to a good low C pack means you can also go to 5800 or 6000 and stay at the same weight.

Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
                                      First, I wasn't using cheap batteries. I was using a China Hobby Line G+ 70c pack. If you want an education on batteries for EDFs, I suggest you read post number 1 of this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-Comparisons You will see that this battery is no slouch. I stand by my statement that the motor / fan in the Avanti isn't all that efficient, but does make reasonable power. The FMS inrunner fans are more efficient, especially at mid throttle. Say what you want, but I won't be drawn into a dog fight on this forum. That's not my style.

Comment

• Hey guys, just weighing in on this, first, great to see you all handled this like gentlemen. second, I hope Bill share the results of swapping out the motor, I as an owner of an Avanti, would be very interested to hear what the results are. Anything that improves on an already great airplane has got my interest. There are not too many planes in my fleet that I haven't at least upgraded motors on.
                                        Let us know how it goes Bill!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Well I have to say I am extremely disappointed with my Avanti. After having well over 40+ flights with my jet I had a catastrophic elevator failure. I do check all my surfaces before each flight but the foam hinge tore as I was doing a half throttle fly by. You could see the elevator flutter but it was too late. While I noticed some people talked about putting hinge tape on the joints I didn't think I required it. As I reviewed the jet on the bench you can see where over half of the right elevator is not attached. While I was able to belly land the jet the impact was too much as I fought the violent cork screw.

love the jet and will have to think what my next move will be. I guess I will fly my Spitfire more or my 300SC plane.

Jeff
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X