Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm Avanti S Sport Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt it...May just be off in these photos...I am not sure though. I will ask Alpha...
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Updated photos on the product page...

Freewing 80mm EDF Avanti S High Performance Ultimate Sport Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21213P Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing Avanti S 80mm. This version includes a powerful 3658-1920Kv inrunner motor with new 9-blade fan, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servos. Renowned worldwide as
      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Looks good. I like the tinted canopy. Think I'll darken it a little more. Seems like the yellow is a bit darker yellow too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          I doubt it...May just be off in these photos...I am not sure though. I will ask Alpha...
          I believe I remember hearing that during testing the wing fences didn't provide any noticeable functionality in this case, and is more of a visual modification. I also remember hearing that the fences were left to the owner to glue on during assembly, which is nice because it provides the option to use them or not, just like painting or not painting the canopy before installation on to the foam structure.

Comment

• I'd like to see a picture of the underbody at the wings quick connect window to see how much of that window they left unpainted/not-decalled to view the security of the connects. This is assuming they didn't decide to leave the window the same size of visual reference as in the previous pictures, since it was brought to my attention that there may be some added paint or decals to reduce the appearance of its existence a bit.

Comment

• Preordered and impatiently waiting for that shipped notice. I am a fan of the wing fences,are they included in the production version? By the way, I love the final compromise on the cockpit/canopy.
              Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• I'm really looking forward to this one arriving at my door. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                  I doubt it...May just be off in these photos...I am not sure though. I will ask Alpha...
                  Hey Todd, I don't see the wing slot things that divide the wing on the prototype bird, were these something that Alpha or Xplaneguy just added??

Grossman56

Team Gross!

Comment

• Good question...I'll add it to my growing list of questions for Alpha. ;)
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                      Looks excellent. I did notice that the wid-wing side force generators were left off the production model. Was it determined that they weren't needed?
                      Hey Twowingtj, [EDIT: And to everyone else who asked], the wing fences are included in the box, but most of the test group has been flying without them, including the model pictured (which is a "bone stock out of the box" model straight off the production line). It's very difficult to detect a difference in handling with or without them, so most of us have come to think of them as more cosmetic than functional. Either way, two wing fences are of course included in the box so customers can decide if they want to affix them or not.

Regarding the yellow color, the difference one might see in different photos of different Freewing 80mm Avantis is purely due to differences in the camera used, lighting, computer screens, etc. The yellow color has always been insignia yellow. Tamiya Flat Yellow XF-3 is a near perfect match straight out of the bottle. That's what I used for touchup on mine.

T-Cat, I'll snap a picture of the final production's "window" on the underside. As you and I had discussed when you flew my Avanti, the window is about 20mm. Just enough to visually inspect the wire connector before flying. The underlying channel is also painted yellow, so in the air it's impossible to detect the white of the connector itself.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the response Alpha. This is the first Sport Jet' other than the Stinger 64 HP, that has been a "got to have it". Great looking and flying bird. Really looking forward to it. Late April ETA still looking good?

Comment

• Speaking of Freewing 80mm Avanti sport jets... here's five rows of them as part of our continuous production line for this insanely popular aircraft. We're working hard to ensure these follow up runs after the pre-order are sufficient to keep the model in stock without or at least with a minimum of the usual gap. Thank you again to everyone for your support, input, feedback, and support!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170328_171753.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	68964
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            Speaking of Freewing 80mm Avanti sport jets... here's five rows of them as part of our continuous production line for this insanely popular aircraft. We're working hard to ensure these follow up runs after the pre-order are sufficient to keep the model in stock without or at least with a minimum of the usual gap. Thank you again to everyone for your support, input, feedback, and support!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170328_171753.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	68964
                            This is impressive!

Comment

• Wowsers :Drooling:!

Comment

• I have the Sebart Mini Avanti S 90mm & had wing fences on them because I thought it needed them....I didn't like the way it looked with them so I took them off ...Didn't seem to affect performance in any way...:Cool:

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk HellHathNoFury. It's good to see you on this forum. Enjoyed your input on the RCG forum. This going to be a great sport jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                    Welcome to the Squawk HellHathNoFury. It's good to see you on this forum. Enjoyed your input on the RCG forum. This going to be a great sport jet.
                                    Hey HHNF! Good to see a fellow speedster eying this one... I'm thinking JF80-1865kv on 8s! ;)

Comment

• Thanks...Been lurking like a Troll LOLI thought I'd better join & make it official...Looking forward to this version of the Avanti S especially being foam & heck of a lot lighter than the composite one throwing it around will be a lot more enjoyable & not as worried about the $...:)

Comment

• I have to snag the A-10 first so as soon as my bank account recovers I am snagging this one next!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Hey HHNF! Good to see a fellow speedster eying this one... I'm thinking JF80-1865kv on 8s! ;)
                                          That'll be a beast...I'm starting off with the 1850kv Inrunner ..That should put a rocket in its derriere ...Want to keep it light...According to Alpha the Inrunner is an overkill...Sawwweeet music to my ears..:)

Comment

Working...
                                          X