• LOLAn Avanti Swordfish.

Comment

• Thank You!

Comment

• Interesting mod, lol.

Comment

• Great little jet, has no problem getting off our grass field

Comment

• Mine came in yesterday (Friday 07/21). I ordered it on 06/19 so I must have been one of the later preorders... I'm going to paint the rear 6 inches of the exhaust tube flat black with Krylon "Short Cuts" foam friendly flat black spray paint before attaching horizontal stabilizer... This paint comes in small (I think 6 ounce) cans and in many colors. I bought this paint on Amazon.

Comment

• Hey AMA, welcome to the Squawk!!
              Great little jet. Got three flights in on mine this morning. So far my flight times are 3-3.5 minutes on a 4000 and 4 min on a 5000 with mixed throttle. Got three good landings out of her as well and it;s been the first time since Nefi that I've had the wind cooperate and got more than one flight in a day, got three and that was just 'cause I ran out of batteries!!
              Time to buy some new 5000 'bricks'

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• I maidened my Avanti today and enjoyed three fun, although short flights. It's everything everyone says it is. My batteries got up to 129 degrees, but that was starting at 95 degrees on a steamy Memphis day. I look forward to to the next chance to fly her.
                John

Comment

• Thanks Aros!!
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPT John View Post
                    I maidened my Avanti today and enjoyed three fun, although short flights. It's everything everyone says it is. My batteries got up to 129 degrees, but that was starting at 95 degrees on a steamy Memphis day. I look forward to to the next chance to fly her.
                    John
                    Congratulations, John!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• My friend, Dennis, did his maiden flight on his new Avanti yesterday. It went really smooth as we were able to download my setup into his radio and he had flown mine a couple of times. Cool to have two of them on the field at once. Of course, we had a rain delay as a pop up shower appeared over the field out of no where. Now to work on formation flying. :)

Comment

• Do you guys have trouble taking off and landing in crosswinds ?

Comment

• Mine showed up on my doorstep at 1pm today - I work till 4pm... watching the clock. Are most folks using just a standard 6 channel receiver instead of an AS3X receiver on this bird?

Comment

• Originally posted by Webravager View Post
                            Mine showed up on my doorstep at 1pm today - I work till 4pm... watching the clock. Are most folks using just a standard 6 channel receiver instead of an AS3X receiver on this bird?
                            I always say this jet practically flies itself and that you would assume it has a stabilizer built in. Definitely no need for a gyro, IMO.

My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Webravager View Post
                              Mine showed up on my doorstep at 1pm today - I work till 4pm... watching the clock. Are most folks using just a standard 6 channel receiver instead of an AS3X receiver on this bird?
                              You do not need gyros for this airplane but it sure does groove through the turbulence with one. I have standardized on the AR9350T for all of my airplanes so I only have to learn how to program one and it works with everything I fly. Having the gyros and telemetry all in one is really nice.''

Rick Pellicciotti
                              Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpellicciotti View Post

You do not need gyros for this airplane but it sure does groove through the turbulence with one. I have standardized on the AR9350T for all of my airplanes so I only have to learn how to program one and it works with everything I fly. Having the gyros and telemetry all in one is really nice.''

Rick Pellicciotti
                                Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.
                                I've got the Eagle A3-L on a switch and it is awesome! No problem flying in 13mph winds:)

Comment

• Did three mods: Dab of glue on the front door spings just in case, plywood front strut brace and a grommet (didn't have an o-ring the right size) on the front strut shaft so it does not bottom metal to metal. Took a chance and tried a new battery. Powerhobby 5200 50C, if you can believe the label. It is an incredible 6 ounces lighter than my 2 Turnigy 5000 30-40C packs. So far 4 runs with it and doing great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
                                    Did three mods: Dab of glue on the front door spings just in case, plywood front strut brace and a grommet (didn't have an o-ring the right size) on the front strut shaft so it does not bottom metal to metal. Took a chance and tried a new battery. Powerhobby 5200 50C, if you can believe the label. It is an incredible 6 ounces lighter than my 2 Turnigy 5000 30-40C packs. So far 4 runs with it and doing great!
                                    Have never heard of that brand. That's 170g less. For a battery class that's generally in the 700 to 800 grams total weight, that's a lot of difference. Makes you kinda wonder what's missing. A Turnigy 30-40C usually tests out to put out <15-20C actual. Even the "almighty" Graphene 60C can barely put out a true 30C. So no, I doubt that 50C will actually put out what it says. But if it works for you, great. If you ever have a chance to try a high C graphene technology battery (like HobbyKing Graphene or Revolectrix or Gens Ace), let us know how it compares in the same plane.
                                    I've found that the obscure brands start the season off really well but fall off dramatically at the end of the season. Where they are lacking is in number of strong duty cycles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
                                      Did three mods: Dab of glue on the front door spings just in case, plywood front strut brace and a grommet (didn't have an o-ring the right size) on the front strut shaft so it does not bottom metal to metal. Took a chance and tried a new battery. Powerhobby 5200 50C, if you can believe the label. It is an incredible 6 ounces lighter than my 2 Turnigy 5000 30-40C packs. So far 4 runs with it and doing great!
                                      659 grams?:Confused: Thats a crazy light battery with those specs

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post

659 grams?:Confused: Thats a crazy light battery with those specs
                                        Exactly! Something's missing or they're stretching the truth a lot on the label. You need to have so much "material" to pump out so much mah at so many C's. I remember buying Wild Scorpion batteries simply because they were so cheap at the time. They were great for about a dozen flights, then they turned into garbage.

Comment

• I'm using Roaring Top 5000 and 5500 70c batteries. Flying down here in South Florida in 90 plus degrees heat, they come down just slightly warm. I have used HRB batteries that are 50c but they come down warm. So far these Roaring Tops are the cat's ass. Just ordered some more 6s for my Avanti, A-10, and soon to have A4. I also fly a 4s 70c 3300 in my Flex Mamba and it comes down slightly warm. That plane gets flown hard and those batteries are constant power to the end of the flight. And for info, the 6S Roaring Top weigh 775 grams for the 5000 and 818 grams for the 5500.

Comment

Working...
                                          X