Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI, the RC Lander stuff is stocked and sold in the US here:

Rick Pellicciotti
    Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• I just wanted to post back up here - I maidened the Avanti last evening. Sweet flying plane! First time with an EDF. Was a lot of fun. 3 minutes goes by awfully fast. I didn't try a whole lot, just getting the feel of it. Need to make a few adjustments to the aileron throw, and just a little more flap/mix and It'll be perfect. One thing that I did notice - the front wheel doesn't turn a whole lot - is that normal for an EDF?

Comment

• Big grats on your maiden mate. That's awesome well done. Assuming yours is the same as everyone's, I'll say yes lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
          Big grats on your maiden mate. That's awesome well done. Assuming yours is the same as everyone's, I'll say yes lol.
          Thanks, Shirty! I had a feeling it was normal. I'm impressed with this plane. Now - I need to get it back up there!

Comment

• Hello. I'm Rolf from Switzerland.
            I got the Avanti from Motion's first batch, but didn't get a chance to maiden it till today.
            And wow what a Jet! :Cool: this is my favorite by far, and I own many... lol
            I flies so precise, and it handles our grass field like nothing.

Comment

• Avanti in the Swiss Alps...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstyphoon View Post
                Avanti in the Swiss Alps...
                That's a beautiful shot! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Very nice.

Comment

• Thanks guys! :-)

Comment

• Fantastic shot! Welcome to The Squawk!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Congrats to Motion RC and Freewing for creating this winning EDF! I only wish it wasn't so popular*;) , because I'd really like to order some spare parts that are all "Out of Stock". That being said, I want to thank all of you on this forum for the useful tips and tricks regarding the Avanti-S, and would like to pass on one of my own. After the 3rd or 4th flight with this one, it decided to "Ground Loop" right before rotating on take-off from our fabric runway. (see video - https://youtu.be/VohFJLmKazw). I found the set screws loose on connecting pin from retract to strut on the Main gear. I attempted to snug them up, but they still wobbled and twisted. (There is not a lot of meat on the aluminum strut), and the threads had stripped. I removed the connecting pins and made new ones (approx. 3/8" longer) so I could use the screw holding the spring and the tapped hole on the back side of the strut. This gives me 4 set screws to grip the connecting pin. A liberal dose of LocTite 242 on all, and now all is good!

Comment

• Hey KCSkyhawk
                          Would have liked to see your video but you listed it as private and no one can see it.
                          Got a half a dozen flights in on my Avanti this past weekend. Great weather here Sunday,
                          but was hot as hell down here in south Louisiana.

Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom

Comment

• Hey guys... not sure if I posted this but wanted to share again. Sorry if its a repeat. I am loving these planes paired together! I have flown formation with 2 different people and the Freewing Avanti. The FMS version actually works really well with this plane! They are matched perfectly! I will get more video... here is one from a little while back...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Hey Guys & Gals,

Just thought I would drop a bug in the ear......

More Avanti s on the way...:Party:

A note from MotionRc: Product Availability Update : The next Freewing Avanti shipment is currently in transit to our US warehouse. ETA is mid-September. Please sign up for back in stock notification to receive an email when the shipment arrives.

O..... also there are Avanti spare parts in stock, I just bought a couple hundred bucks worth.... ALL parts in stock at this moment....Aug 18, 2017 12:26am

Cheers!!!! and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom

Comment

• Wow the parts sure went fast!!

Comment

• Guys & Gals

Here is a picture of the Testor paint that I use to make
                                  touchups on the Avanti. It is a very close match to the
                                  factory color. I don't know about you, but my wings at
                                  the tips get a little scratched from loading and unloading
                                  out of my SUV.

The color is a flat yellow and the picture will show you the
                                  bar code and product number.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers!!! and Blue Skies to ya......:f4phantom

Comment

• Has there been a consensus regarding the cause of occasional flap issues on the Avanti? Some seem to suspect faulty control boards and others suspect faulty servos. Here’s my recent experience…

Today I flew my 15th flight on the Avanti. The plane performed flawlessly in the first 14 flights and was a thrill to fly. After takeoff today I noticed a tendency for the plane to roll left like it was suddenly out of trim. It wasn’t enough that I thought I had a asymmetrical flap issue. When it was time to land, I selected full flaps and did not notice any change in the roll trim. The plane did not seem to slow as much as usual and I ended up waving off the first approach. The second approach was also fast but I landed the plane without event. After taxing in, I checked the flaps and found that they were not extending more than a fraction of the usual travel and the right flap was deploying a bit more than the left. I cycled the flaps several times and got the same results. I then cycled power to the receiver and the flaps began working normally.

I checked the board connections and everything seemed secure. Since every other function was normal, I believe it was not a receiver signal issue. Since both flap servos seemed to operate similarly, I don’t believe it was a bad servo. That leads me to suspect my plane’s control board has an intermittent failure. Since I don’t remove the wings for transport, I am considering bypassing the board and plugging the servos directly into the receiver. Has anyone had success with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPT John View Post
                                      Has there been a consensus regarding the cause of occasional flap issues on the Avanti? Some seem to suspect faulty control boards and others suspect faulty servos. Here’s my recent experience…

Today I flew my 15th flight on the Avanti. The plane performed flawlessly in the first 14 flights and was a thrill to fly. After takeoff today I noticed a tendency for the plane to roll left like it was suddenly out of trim. It wasn’t enough that I thought I had a asymmetrical flap issue. When it was time to land, I selected full flaps and did not notice any change in the roll trim. The plane did not seem to slow as much as usual and I ended up waving off the first approach. The second approach was also fast but I landed the plane without event. After taxing in, I checked the flaps and found that they were not extending more than a fraction of the usual travel and the right flap was deploying a bit more than the left. I cycled the flaps several times and got the same results. I then cycled power to the receiver and the flaps began working normally.

I checked the board connections and everything seemed secure. Since every other function was normal, I believe it was not a receiver signal issue. Since both flap servos seemed to operate similarly, I don’t believe it was a bad servo. That leads me to suspect my plane’s control board has an intermittent failure. Since I don’t remove the wings for transport, I am considering bypassing the board and plugging the servos directly into the receiver. Has anyone had success with this?
                                      What deployment time have you selected for the flaps? Someone told me that if the deployment is too slow, the flaps can have a hiccup.

Comment

• I never use a board anymore. Wire everything direct to the receiver. Just my personal choice to avoid any FURTHER problems.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          What deployment time have you selected for the flaps? Someone told me that if the deployment is too slow, the flaps can have a hiccup.
                                          +1. I had a 3 second deployment for flaps programmed on my transmitter and encountered similar issues. I changed it to a 1 second deployment + reseated the servo plugs in the wing root boards on both sides. Have not had an issue since.

Comment

Working...
                                          X