X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
    For those of you who have removed the canopy for cockpit enhancements I have a question. I am ready to re-install my canopy. When I removed it, it came off very clean and did not pull up any chunks of foam. The glue that was used I was able to easily pull away from inside the canopy. My question is, is the proper re-attachment to apply a thin coating of Foam-Tac around the cockpit edges and inside the canopy edges, let it tack, and press into place? The glue that the manufacturer used looks more like a clear rubber cement. If Foam-Tac is not the right glue to use can you share what the correct glue is to use? Thanks so much!!
    Foam-Tac works perfectly, let it tack up first just like you said. The glue in the white tube that comes with the kit is very similar.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hey, GliderGuy, those seem to be unavailable can you suggest another kind?

Comment

• Originally posted by steven gubala View Post
        Hey, GliderGuy, those seem to be unavailable can you suggest another kind?
        I searched Amazon for Clip On Ferrite Choke and see several multi-pack options. Failing that, you can Google that and find several sources. Here is one example. The multi-size packs give you flexibility/options you will appreciate.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZNL5CDH...ing=UTF8&psc=1

-GG

Comment

• Thanks GG, just ordered some...

Comment

• I just put together the Grey Ghost version and did the Navy livery included. I don't have the shark eyes in my decal package, looks like they are a separate small sheet and it got left out. Anyone have a set of eyes they are not going to use?

Comment

• LEFT WING GREY VERSION WING WANTED!!!!!!!!!

Had a FLAME OUT and tried to make it back to my runway.......but a light pole had other ideas :{ .....I am in NEED of a LEFT WING (Grey) ....I noticed the spare wings are out of stock and only sold as a pair.....ANYONE have a spare left wing to help a Phantom brother out?

Comment

• After five weeks of waiting for a very heavy snowfall to disappear I finally managed out today. Very windy and really should not have risked it but I was desperate to see the Turnigy Bolt 4.35 in action. Well it took off like a bat out of h#ll and lifted off while I was still in anticipation mode. Had a good flight until coming in low over small trees on finals when a gust just whipped it over on it's side into the trees. Did the walk of shame expecting to pick up the bits BUT......... it was my lucky day. It had landed in a bush with long springy tendril like branches and IN ONE PIECE!! . Two tiny scratches to the airframe and nowt else!! Wait till the wind drops a bit before next flight I think??????????

Comment

• locharrow, I understand the anticipation of 'gotta fly it today'. I broke my very first trainer on a rather windy day in October many years ago. Glad to read the incident was of minimal consequence and damage.Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Out today in great conditions, light cloud ...no dogs and no footballers. Loving the 5400 Bolt battery, easy lift off the grass even though it's a bit damp. Did a couple of flights with wing tanks, first time since one dropped on take off and turned the plane onto it's back. Looks a real piece of bad ass work on low fly pasts.

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                      Out today in great conditions...:
                      LA, Congratulations, Sir. Don't forget to enter her in the March Mayhem Contest, as I recall she is a beauty. Best as always, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Quick update on the previous 3D printed wheel cover I made: I saw pictures of the full-scale that were clearer and more up-close, so I redesigned the file for better scale appearance. The STL file has been updated on Thingiverse.

P.S. Apologies for the redundancy if you’ve already read this on the RCg thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7600E033-EE7E-463B-BADE-FB75F165620B.jpeg
Views:	536
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	302026

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          TC, Now that's just to cool for school, Sir. Very nice and thank you. Best, LB

• Thanks LB . The first version was actually the opposite way around with the inside pattern of the wheel, ha-ha . Previously, the picture I based it off of was a bit further away and didn’t shed enough light on the wheel (and the angle wasn’t helping), so it looked completely different. Thankfully, this current version should be more accurate and realistic after seeing a new and better picture of the full-scale wheel.

Comment

• Decided to cure my lockdown blues I am going to buy myself a new EDF. Always loved the F4 Phantom having work on them while in the RAF. So that is my first choice but looking at all the Freewing videos my brain is telling me the Freewing Skyhawk is the better choice. It looks like it fly better then the F4 and has the 9 blade 80mm EDF which seems to be the best choice but does the Phantom fly has good has the Skyhawk. Not interested in going 8s want to keep it to 6s. So is the Skyhawk the better flier?. The 90mm range always seem to me to be that much heavier then the 80mm

Comment

• Elbee
                            Elbee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            CM, Flip a coin. I have the Phantom and love it, but much like the actual, she will require momentum in flat turns and fly her all the way to touchdown. Best, LB

• Gotta say... I love the Phantom. I fly on 6s just for ease of batteries. It is super honest and has no bad habits. I'll get another, I like it that much. I have the A-4 as well, but have not had it out of the box yet. Everything I hear about it is good.
                          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• CM - The F-4 needs an elevator pushrod upgrade along with heavy duty DU-BRO connectors. I lost an F-4 due to a ball link snapping.

Also, I lost one due to a suspected system RF noise issue. The one I am flying now has RF chokes installed and has worked perfectly for 1,000+ flights.

Search on ferrite or RF chokes and see my posts about installing this light, easy, cheap, why wouldn’t you use them preventative “fix”.

You do have to fly her to touchdown....can’t go to sleep on final. I love the way she flies and looks.

Order some extra nose gear pins...they are brittle metal. To that end, I also put a small metal skid plate on the bottom of the nose radome.

See post #3974 for more tips....written for a newbie, but some tips you will want to read regardless.

-GG

Comment

• Yes, I second the elevator pushrod. I think most here who have flown her would recommend that. Good digital servo and unbendable pushrod with ball links. The flying stab, you don't want to move from it's input. Chokes are always a good idea on any of these high amp fans.
                              Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                                Decided to cure my lockdown blues I am going to buy myself a new EDF. Always loved the F4 Phantom having work on them while in the RAF. So that is my first choice but looking at all the Freewing videos my brain is telling me the Freewing Skyhawk is the better choice. It looks like it fly better then the F4 and has the 9 blade 80mm EDF which seems to be the best choice but does the Phantom fly has good has the Skyhawk. Not interested in going 8s want to keep it to 6s. So is the Skyhawk the better flier?. The 90mm range always seem to me to be that much heavier then the 80mm
                                I had both, go with the A-4, for the price you just can't beat it, F-4 is good, but to me it just doesn't track as good through the air like the A-4, felt more like I was flying a truck and it's way more expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I had both, go with the A-4, for the price you just can't beat it, F-4 is good, but to me it just doesn't track as good through the air like the A-4, felt more like I was flying a truck and it's way more expensive.
                                  Oh, but what a truck! Putting the 12 blade inrunner in it now and hope to turn it into a Monster Truck! Although you're right about the A-4, but nothin looks like a Phantom!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Oh, but what a truck! Putting the 12 blade inrunner in it now and hope to turn it into a Monster Truck! Although you're right about the A-4, but nothin looks like a Phantom!
                                    Yeah, I have to say, nothing looks as good as a Phantom and that 12 blade makes it sound awesome, but the scooter wins it for me...

Comment

• Cap'n Moron..........If you want a jet to fly nice take a look at the 80mm FMS Hawk...I can't fault it. Well made, good of grass (for me a big plus) ..flies on rails ..can be ##''#'# fast and furious or very docile if you prefer sedate flying.

However........if you want a jet that looks great in the air ..flies VERY scale like, and one you can sit down on the lounge floor and just drool over .......there is only one choice.........nuff said!!

Comment

Working...
                                      X