Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan D When you say crow, I'm wondering if you have the ailerons programmed as both flaperons and spoilerons? And what about the flaps, are they flaperons as well? Are you doing this by using different flight modes in the Tx? And if you are using flaps and spoilerons at the same time, is the benefit that it kills the floaty glide of the F22? Or I guess I'm asking how you use it?

It's kind of the reason why I wanted the F22, and I'd really like to setup my A6 this way as well, if it's helpful for landing approaches. Aside from looking cool, I can imagine it being useful for the Raptor but wonder if it would make the A6 drop like a rock. My lack of knowledge might be hindering my understanding, I'd like to understand it better. And I know the full scale A6's wing is different than the model. I'm just trying to get a grasp on what planes might benefit from having spoilerons and flaps, or full span flaperons. Maybe I should start another thread to pose the question but it does seem on topic since there's so much flexibility with the F22 in this regard.

Comment

• I’ve posted a video. Yes to modes. On normal I have a basic set up. Flaps are just flaps and ailerons are only ailerons. I do have tailerons linked to my retract switch so they are on when the gear is up in all modes. Next mode makes the ailerons drop even with the main flaps but in this mode the flaps go down less than normal flaps. Third mode is crow and rudder air brakes. Using the right slider the flaps go down, the ailerons go up and the rudders go inboard. There’s also a lot of down elevators in this mode since the rudder airbrakes generate a lot of up pitch.

In addition I have flaps mixed to ailerons on high rate ailerons. I also had a elevator to flap mix but didn’t like what it did in flight so I removed it.

Comment

• Thanks Evan! I think I can visualize what you're achieving with each mode, but as they say, I need to let it marinate a little bit. And I will definitely watch your video, I think I might have watched it once but wasn't completely understanding the flight mode switching.

In the third mode, having crow on the slider, dies that mean you can roll in and out from neutral.to full crow? Do you use mid or low rates with crow?

QUOTE=Evan D;n317711]I

In addition I have flaps mixed to ailerons on high rate ailerons. I also had a elevator to flap mix but didn’t like what it did in flight so I removed it.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that in your high rates you have full span ailerons? And then that you had elevator mixed in partial or full flaps but got rid of that?

Thanks for the explanation. I'm going to look for your video now. Your modes sound complex, not complicated, but involved and worth the effort. Again thanks!

Comment

• Exactly. For throws probably better to watch the video.

I normally have the slider all the way down, full crow and use a switch to turn it on and off, the mode switch. I do my flying with no modes on, regular flaps, tailerons with gear up. Oh, regular flaps are on my left slider.

I mostly use crow and air brakes after touchdown so when I touch I click the mode switch, since the slider is all the way down it gives full crow and brakes, it also removes the normal flaps I had on approach…

Comment

• In using tailerons, was it all trial and error determining rate of deflection? In other words did you start out with them on a switch, to turn them on and off, and then a dial to determine whether to increase or decrease deflection?

Do you use tailerons on your A6? And spoilerons?

Comment

• I have tailerons on a lot of my planes so I knew about where to set them. I set them at 50% and they have been there ever since.

The A-6 has a single pivot for both horizontal stabs so you can't do tailerons.

The A-6 uses the tiny airbrakes for ailerons. I have never separated them to do any mixing and don't see a reason to, the flaps are large and effective.

Comment

• Thanks Evan! This has shed some light on taking the next steps with plane and transmitter setup. I really want to be able to use what I have to the fullest extent. This helps a lot, I appreciate it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  I have tailerons on a lot of my planes so I knew about where to set them. I set them at 50% and they have been there ever since.

The A-6 has a single pivot for both horizontal stabs so you can't do tailerons.

The A-6 uses the tiny airbrakes for ailerons. I have never separated them to do any mixing and don't see a reason to, the flaps are large and effective.
                  I run my tailerons at 50% also, no particular reason other than it seems to work well. I have considered turning them down a bit, but its on a switch and its just easy to kick them off.

Comment

• If anyone runs a Spektrum I can email the SPM file. I use 11 channels on the F-22 but you can mod the SPM file.

Comment

• Evan, yeah, I'd be stoked to use your file. I'll pm you my email address. I wish I had something of comparable value/utility to offer as trade!

I have the DX9, so I'd lose out on the rudder brakes. But that seems like the piece to eliminate if I have to.

Comment

• Yeah, unfortunately the rudder airbrakes take three channels just by itself...

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                        Evan, yeah, I'd be stoked to use your file. I'll pm you my email address. I wish I had something of comparable value/utility to offer as trade!

I have the DX9, so I'd lose out on the rudder brakes. But that seems like the piece to eliminate if I have to.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	63BF2EC3-1AB6-4C61-AE95-65051B1E3297.jpeg
Views:	588
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	317800 Sheared another stock freewing gear pin today on takeoff. Belly landed safe in high grass. Thinking of 5mm steel round rod instead. Anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post
                            Sheared another stock freewing gear pin today on takeoff. Belly landed safe in high grass. Thinking of 5mm steel round rod instead. Anyone else?
                            Have you considered a backstop or brace for the nosegear strut, to relieve the bending forces by moving the torque axis from the pin?

Comment

• I have a 3d printed nose gear brace which works great and have had zero issues with front gear. Specifically the mains I have snapped 3 pins now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gmack908 View Post
                                I have a 3d printed nose gear brace which works great and have had zero issues with front gear. Specifically the mains I have snapped 3 pins now.
                                Perhaps bigger wheels?

How fast do you land? How much flap?

Comment

• Gmack908 very unusual, it seems there is either something wrong with your field / runway or your landing technique....a short video might help the guys in here to help you with your problem.
                                  it is definately not common to snapp one pin after the other. 😖

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
                                    Gmack908 very unusual, it seems there is either something wrong with your field / runway or your landing technique....a short video might help the guys in here to help you with your problem.
                                    it is definately not common to snapp one pin after the other. 😖
                                    looking at a video of an earlier landing it may have been a bit hard. Also the field is quite rough on takeoff I looked back in the videos I have and it’s really blasting on the retracts. I also noticed that the pin broke exactly where part of it is notched which tells me I had installed it maybe not far enough down in the retract. Replaced tonight and will fly again this week when the rain stops and see how it does.

Comment

• Ease her in, bleed off that airspeed and plop her down, she likes it that way.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hi All Hope you are all well,

I have done something a little different with my Freewing F22 Raptor,I know its not to scale but its my favorite scheme.

I purchased this as an ARF kit it was a little beaten up so i decided to do it my style.

Take a look any comments welcome.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162393.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	318263Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162404.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	318264Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162415.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	318265Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162381.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	318266
                                        This is the original condition before mods

Starting to repair.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964313939.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	318267Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964313974.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	318268Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964313955.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	318269 .

After some repairs& Primer added did some more sanding Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463469.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	318271Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463404.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	318272

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463449.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	318270
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463426.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.0 KB ID:	318273

Repairs and primer done..

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463502.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.5 KB ID:	318274Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463485.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	318275Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463517(1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	318276

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253537(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	318279Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253560(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	318280Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253598(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	318281Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253621(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	318282

Now for some white paint to start off the scheme.
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463380(1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	318278
                                        Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463533(1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	106.1 KB ID:	318277

White pain completed now for some red.

Next stem adding some decals.

Continue?

Attached Files

Comment

• Continue from above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1625963765382.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	318902

Click image for larger version