Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips when parts will be back in stock?

Comment

• Yes that is the question .I was told the F 35 spares ( Europe ) would avaliable within 2 weeks .That was 3 weeks ago !!. I need a nose wheel .One to many hard landings .I now have fitted a gyro .The landings are a breeze now ( good job to with a dodge nose wheel )

Comment

• Maiden flight was awesome. This little sucker is fast and tons of fun.

Venom 5000 5S 30*C pack flew 3.5 min with 52% left in the pack.

Rich

Edit: thanks Scott H for flight photos!

PS: Elevator at 100% 20% expo for all
        Aileron at 85%
        Rud 100%

Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden rich!

Comment

• Yes...congrats ! You've encouraged me to get mine done. Just need to setup throws and cg. Want to paint some invasion stripes on the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by NMdesertracer View Post
              Congrats on the maiden rich!
              Thank you

70mm jet gets with the program! stay in the power for some incredible moves.
              Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                Yes...congrats ! You've encouraged me to get mine done. Just need to setup throws and cg. Want to paint some invasion stripes on the wings.
                Thanks.... you can check out my settings, but I believe others have already reported this info. Great plane!!

Rich

Comment

• Flight from this morning. Got a bit close to the edge of the GeoTex and hit a clump of dirt on landing. No real damage, just need to glue one retract back in. Flew stock on 4000mah, 6s Turnigy Heavy Duty, Spectrum TX, Lemon stabilized RX.

Comment

• OK back from a week visit to my grandson I assembled the model today no issues and have set the controls as per manual I have a couple of battery packs ones that I fly my F3a pattern plane are 5200 but only 10c but they have been preforming great for six Months and a couple of 5000 35c turnigy so have set two positions for balance which I have set as per the post I put up further up, I purchased my F35a from rccastle as postage to Australia was much cheaper and in the box came some clear plastic pin hinges and a battery voltage tester are these extra bit a standard thing or have I scored a bonus. It's ready for a maiden which could happened this coming weekend weather permitting ,I have an led afterburner ring in transit I got the Dr mad unit

Comment

• Originally posted by rsunleaded View Post
                      OK back from a week visit to my grandson I assembled the model today no issues and have set the controls as per manual I have a couple of battery packs ones that I fly my F3a pattern plane are 5200 but only 10c but they have been preforming great for six Months and a couple of 5000 35c turnigy so have set two positions for balance which I have set as per the post I put up further up, I purchased my F35a from rccastle as postage to Australia was much cheaper and in the box came some clear plastic pin hinges and a battery voltage tester are these extra bit a standard thing or have I scored a bonus. It's ready for a maiden which could happened this coming weekend weather permitting ,I have an led afterburner ring in transit I got the Dr mad unit
                      You may find 10C a little anemic as it calls for 35C. These may only give you "real world" (1/2 of what is stated on the label) of less than 5C and 20C and that's if it's a "good", newer battery. It also calls for up to 4500mah. I use a 4000mah, and it lands faster than my jets with flaps. Plan your landings and give it time to slow down.
                      I never used those hinges. I think those are for people who want a stronger hinge. They rip off the control surface and install those. I left mine alone. The elevator hing is already quite heavy duty. The others (rudder and AIL) are just "normal" foam hinges. The rudders aren't subjected to the kinds of forces that the elevator is. As for the ailerons, that's up to you. I don't do power dives as some people have discovered that it's not the hinge that can't take it, it's the servo that gets over-powered.

Comment

• CORRECTION: I just found out that the pilot found a flight control setup anomaly on his right elevator--the servo horn/and control rod positions were mismatched resulting in exponentially more right elevator than left as deflection increased. That is what caused the aggressive stall/spin/nose buried recovery. Once corrected, it handled awesome in the full stall...wing rock and mushing--no nose down break.
                        I left right after his 3rd flight--but before he found the problem and flew again several more times after I left.
                        I apologize for the confusion--it was all done with the best of intentions.

This is "Freewing 70mm F35 V3 (2019) Full Stall and recovery" by Bill Surratt on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
                        Last edited by deadbug; Jul 17, 2019, 04:57 PM. Reason: Deleted original post--Inserted UPDATED CORRECTION

Comment

• Originally posted by deadbug View Post
                          For all of you who want to know what the new F-35 behaves like in a full stall. A very experienced EDF pilot at my club tried it on his maiden--I was in the pit area and watched it (still waiting on mine to be back in stock at MRC).

HINT: Better make sure you are at least 200' high before you try it
                          The video is zoomed in--and focused on the aircraft, so you can't get a true feel for how much altitude was lost in the recovery--but it was an "eye-watering" 100-150+ feet
                          CG for the maiden was right at the MRC-recommended spot on the front of the plastic wing mount piece.

http://vimeo.com/348588855
                          It also looks like it had to get crazy slow to stall!

Comment

• Deleted--reference correction above

Comment

• Yes! Having that happen makes the plane do a trick! Glad it did not kill him in recovery. Another surprise snap and dirt nap! Great pilot control or lots of expo, or both!

Comment

• Not preaching, but Alway check that stuff on the bench. I have seen guys get to the field and have never even powered the bird up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  Yes! Having that happen makes the plane do a trick! Glad it did not kill him in recovery. Another surprise snap and dirt nap! Great pilot control or lots of expo, or both!
                                  I’m the one flying the F35 in the video.... it was an oversight on my part. Plane had been flown by previous owner, he did use an admiral/gyro rx. Probably that’s why he didn’t catch it during his build. I installed my rx and 5 minutes later was ready to fly. I was excited.
                                  I only use 25% expo for maiden flights. So I’ll take the complement.

Comment

• Duplicate post deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post

I’m the one flying the F35 in the video.... it was an oversight on my part. Plane had been flown by previous owner, he did use an admiral/gyro rx. Probably that’s why he didn’t catch it during his build. I installed my rx and 5 minutes later was ready to fly. I was excited.
                                      I only use 25% expo for maiden flights. So I’ll take the complement.
                                      Nice job!!!! I have been there before! Get this baby in the air!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! Blessings Bro! Jerry

Comment

• VIDEO: FW F-35 V3 FULL STALL CHARACTERISTICS AND HIGH-ALPHA LANDING

Lcacing and I were out at the field this morning and I was able to get video of his updated full stall testing (3 complete full stalls) along with a really nice high-alpha short rollout landing. Turn up the volume so you can hear his comments and mine to what he was experiencing during the flight.
                                        This time, since the elevators were now matched, the approaching stall was easy to see developing, to control and to recover from. He held it in the stall far longer than you would normally do while flying just to see how it would behave. I think the video and comments pretty much say it all. Now you all can see that everything is pretty conventional...easy to see a stall coming and then quickly recover with minimal altitude loss using smooth control inputs and power before it gets to the point where it would drop a wing into a spin entry.
                                        Should be a confidence builder for anybody who was a little fearful to test it out themselves. Can't wait to get mine!

Oh--and notice that sweet high-alpha landing and short rollout at the end of the video

Comment

• No elevators in stock so I epoxied the broken elevator servo arm back onto the elevator. Seems like a strong fix. Flying again after replacing the malfunctioning rudder servo that caused the crash and the two elevator servos that were stripped in the crash.

Comment

Working...
                                          X