X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Copy. "Don't break my airplane", was never a request. :Straight-Face: Best, LB
    That's a FACT JACK!! Most of the interviews I've seen of many of the "Aces" of WWII all gave tremendous credit to their ground crew. Most of you have probably seen the old "Baa-Baa Black Sheep" TV show in the late 70s. Experts say though entertaining the show was unbelievably Inaccurate except for Sgt. Micklin (I think) who always threatened those "College Boys", "Don't you hurt MY airplane or I'll hurt you" LOLLOLLOL

Comment

• Ken Smith - These are GREAT links. Tremendous information. Thanks for sharing. Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
        I thought I had my livery all worked out with several pictures available.
        Right
        Turns out since I’m scrutinizing them for details, what i’m really looking at were two different airframes with the same name.
        Silly me.
        The first Birdcage Gus’s Gopher with the Gopher nose art and mostly stock paint was shot down sometime in August over Bougainville, 1st Lt Thomas survived and was rescued.
        That same Plane Captain from VMF-213 got busy on a replacement bird asap.
        The second Birdcage Gus’s Gopher had the name only on each side of the cowl. It must have been built up from wrecked parts and sported a completely new three color paint scheme applied in theater.

Also, for those of you who are not in the know.
        Airplanes do not belong to pilots. Pilots may have their names on them but they belong to the assigned Plane Captain in the Navy/ Marines or Crew Chief in the Air Force.
        Pilots mearly borrow them and most times do terrible things to them ! ;)
        Once their broken their handed back to the knuckle dragging dim whits to fix. :Silly:
        Originally posted by the knuckle dragging dim whit himself. Ken neglected to quote me. He pulled part of what I’d said out from post 1723...
        I know these things first hand... Navy/USAF... retired, 30 years of fixing broken **** and still at it. :Cool:

Comment

• O-T, I presumed same. Tango Yuma. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wonderful links Ken, thank you for sharing!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Awesome stuff Ken, OT, Smoothie...thanks! Rob

Comment

• Hi all, I have spent a long time trolling through the posts after information on the 3D printed panels.
                If I've missed it call me blind but I can't find the right files.
                I have tried printing the MotionRC files for the Bubble Top but the Front/Dash is wrong.
                I've read and re-read the MRC notes but every file I've printed is either visually or dimensionally wrong.
                Does anyone have or can you point me in the direction of the correct file please?
                As I say its for the Bubble Top version.
                Many thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theworkshop2012 View Post
                  Hi all, I have spent a long time trolling through the posts after information on the 3D printed panels.
                  If I've missed it call me blind but I can't find the right files.
                  I have tried printing the MotionRC files for the Bubble Top but the Front/Dash is wrong.
                  I've read and re-read the MRC notes but every file I've printed is either visually or dimensionally wrong.
                  Does anyone have or can you point me in the direction of the correct file please?
                  As I say its for the Bubble Top version.
                  Many thanks.
                  Hi Theworkshop2012, welcome to Hobby Squawk! What file are you printing now, and how is it "visually or dimensionally wrong"? Keep in mind, due to the constraints of the medium (i.e. thick foam walls), our 3DPUP cockpit sets aren't 100% scale. But, they are drawn against our files for the model aircraft itself, so it should fit without any dimensions being off. Let me know what you're up against and we'll see if we can get a solution you're happy with.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha and TW#s, I spent some time clipping the OEM stl Files for Aros and I believe the updated stl files are now posted on the MotionRC website in the Flightline Corsair Support pages. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks for sharing, Elbee!
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hi, I used the Feb 15 file and as you can see the panel is too wide.
                        The January 3rd file looks better with more of an overhang on the sides but again the wrong size.
                        Have people been resizing the model?
                        Also the dial positions are incorrect to the paper dash but that is no biggie.
                        Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Theworkshop2012 View Post
                          Hi, I used the Feb 15 file and as you can see the panel is too wide.
                          The January 3rd file looks better with more of an overhang on the sides but again the wrong size.
                          Have people been resizing the model?
                          Also the dial positions are incorrect to the paper dash but that is no biggie.
                          Thanks
                          TW, Sent you a PM with regard to the Front Instrument Panel for the Bubble-Top. I would like a width measurement in millimeters of the OEM Bubble-Top Cockpit at the Front Instrument Panel. Also, an updated instrument cluster photo for the instrument panel stl file is available from Callie Graphics. It fits the 3DP Instrument panel. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Yeah, we sometimes forget (or at least I do sometimes) the basics. That's RC 101 but I'm still in the ditch so I'm going over to my mentor and he'll help me work it out.
                            SUCCESS! Got everything right, calibration, servo settings, throws and expos set correctly, Life is Good! We discovered it was a DFU problem.:Angry: As soon as the weather improves we'll do a Maiden and I'll post the action. My thanks to everyone for their inputs and suggestions. Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

SUCCESS! Got everything right, calibration, servo settings, throws and expos set correctly, Life is Good! We discovered it was a DFU problem.:Angry: As soon as the weather improves we'll do a Maiden and I'll post the action. My thanks to everyone for their inputs and suggestions. Grover54
                              Yay..….. good to hear!

DFU? I guess that one went over my had
                              Rich

Comment

• Tired of fighting the retracts on my FMS....is anyone actually flying this plane not just painting it? How are the retracts holding up after 40 or 50 flights? Would love to shelf my old Corsair but don't want to do it just to add another that the retracts plop out of unless you grease the landings every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                                  is anyone actually flying this plane not just painting it?
                                  LOL um, yes we are actually flyiing this plane, not just painting it.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by prestonowtm View Post
                                    Tired of fighting the retracts on my FMS....is anyone actually flying this plane not just painting it? How are the retracts holding up after 40 or 50 flights? Would love to shelf my old Corsair but don't want to do it just to add another that the retracts plop out of unless you grease the landings every time.
                                    I haven't put 40-50 flights on mine yet. Maybe a couple dozen but I can tell you that if or when you dork up a landing the retract will not tear out of the wing. I was flying in some pretty gusty wind a couple weeks ago and my last landing porpoised and actually broke the plastic housing of the left retract itself but it was still securely screwed into the wing with no other damage. :Sweating:It was one of those dead stop, no airspeed plunges into the runway. Thankfully a grass runway. So, rest assured this is a robust airframe and landing gear arrangement.

Comment

• What are you guys doing for exhaust detailing with airbrushes? just matte black streaking or is there more to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
                                        What are you guys doing for exhaust detailing with airbrushes? just matte black streaking or is there more to it?
                                        Black seems to stark in most cases... There are colors like grimy black, Nato black, RLM 66 (Schwartzgrau) rubber, panzer gray, etc. Starting light and work the streaks along the fuselage and wing roots in the natural flow of the slipstream... Hope that helps a little!! :Cool: You can use ground pastels to add to the effects too....

Comment

• For reference! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X