• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220526_124119.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	369025
    There were a lot of fellows wondering what was wrong and how to fix it. As you can attest because you've seen it fly, problem solved.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Grossman56;n369024There were a lot of fellows wondering what was wrong and how to fix it. As you can attest because you've seen it fly, problem solved.Grossman56[/QUOTE]

GM, Wow...she's a beut....you're in Wyoming,,,she's a butte....that's so wrong. Gorgeous build, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Grossman.
        Fantastic looking P-40. Bet she looks good in the air.

Took a few days off the Corsair, Needed a break and finished a plane I bought cheap last fall. Came with NIB radio and engine. The guy never finished past framing the wing, sqid he bought it in 1996. This will be my numb thumbs flyer to start the spring. Best Regards, Rex PS- Used the stars from the Corsair wing

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	369028

Comment

• Originally posted by jetfool View Post
          Grossman.
          Fantastic looking P-40. Bet she looks good in the air.

Took a few days off the Corsair, Needed a break and finished a plane I bought cheap last fall. Came with NIB radio and engine. The guy never finished past framing the wing, sqid he bought it in 1996. This will be my numb thumbs flyer to start the spring. Best Regards, Rex PS- Used the stars from the Corsair wing

Name:	IMG_2769.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	369028
          Good use of the old Corsair decals!!
          One of my first trainers I bought looked somewhat like yours. One winter's morning, I was flying it with just one other guy flying too. He kept on "crowding" me so I moved my plane a bit further away from him for more room. Made the classic mistake: flew through the sun! It blinded me momentarily, and I had NO idea where the plane was. I chopped the throttle and gave it some up elevator in the hope I might buy a little more time to see and land the plane. Never did find it, so I thought it was toast.

An old man observing yelled at me that he saw it go down. I started walking that direction, and he said "No, you'll need to get your car!" I got in my car, stopped after awhile and started searching in the snow. I assumed it was now sticks, but maybe I could salvage the motor, servos, etc. I was just about to give up when I turned, and there it was! It had landed itself, passing over a pine tree on its way down, and landed in the snow, totally undamaged.

I put it in the car, and flew a couple more flights on it that day. I later sold it, but it was one of my favorites at that time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Name:	20220526_124119.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	369025
            There were a lot of fellows wondering what was wrong and how to fix it. As you can attest because you've seen it fly, problem solved.

Grossman56
            Dan, we'll need to get another photo shoot of your plane this spring!

davegee

Comment

• Davegee,

It is a BUSA Stick 40 Plus.. 4 Channel. Several in our club have them and its fun to race/chase each other. Thought it would be a good one to get the rust off this spring.
              About that old man watching. Ever get the feeling that we are those old men now. LOL
              Rex

Comment

• Should have the decals on it by then and hopefully, I'll have La Patrona back in the air as well! Good way to start the Spring!

Name:	IMG_9630.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	369099
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56,

Nice Tigercat. One of my favorites. How is the flying abilities? Between this and the FL P-38 which one is more stable and forgiving? Sorry Davegee for off topic but that is a beautiful Tigercat. Rex

Comment

Davegee,

It is a BUSA Stick 40 Plus.. 4 Channel. Several in our club have them and its fun to race/chase each other. Thought it would be a good one to get the rust off this spring.
                    About that old man watching. Ever get the feeling that we are those old men now. LOL
                    Rex
                    I wasn't THEN, but I am NOW, Rex! (LOL)

Comment

Grossman56,

Nice Tigercat. One of my favorites. How is the flying abilities? Between this and the FL P-38 which one is more stable and forgiving? Sorry Davegee for off topic but that is a beautiful Tigercat. Rex
                      No problem, Rex. I have had two Tigercats. Sold one to a friend of mine who was a naval aviator years ago. The other, unfortunately, had a big motor problem or something, and I just couldn't get it back to the runway.

Neat planes, though!

davegee

Comment

• Finally had a nice afternoon to go out flying and take some static pics of my new jug, OLE COCK. Flew great, although I'm having some issues with the tailwheel steering pin in the back, mainly when the plane is down to taxi speed and I try to make a correction with the rudder. The plane goes into a groundloop, mostly after the little plastic pin breaks off. That is a weak point on an otherwise great airplane, and it is an easy fix with a small screw glued in its place.

I'll attach some pics I took after its 4th and 5th flights today, the first ones with the new markings on it. I think I'll really enjoy this airplane, like all the others! I'm really looking forwad to getting the new V3 Corsair prop and the printed CE dome which should look cool and hopefully fly well. Tests on my other plane with the big prop have gone great, so far.

Cheers

davegee

Name:	IMG-0470.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	369110Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0477.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	369111Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0476.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	369112Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0475.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	369109Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	369113Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0478.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	369114

Comment

• Davegee,

The P-47 looks great and the decals/nom. really set it off. Looks like you had a beautiful day from the landscape. Rex

Comment

Davegee,

The P-47 looks great and the decals/nom. really set it off. Looks like you had a beautiful day from the landscape. Rex
                            Winters can be harsh at times up here, but today was really a beautiful day, very little wind, at least when I was flying. These are really good flyers by FMS.

Comment

• davegee Beautiful paint scheme, it instantly is one of my favorites!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                davegee Beautiful paint scheme, it instantly is one of my favorites!
                                Thanks, SanExup! I was struck by this paint scheme and the pilot who flew it. I never got to meet Donavan Smith, but I met several pilots who served under him in the 56th FG during WWII. He was one of the original cadre of pilots from this august unit dating back to early 1942. For those unaware, "OLE COCK" was a common (very G rated) salutation back in those days amongst British men to each other, and also to Americans then living with them overseas.

Plane flies great!

Cheers

davegee

Comment

Grossman56,

flies great, very stable. Check out the Tigercat thread.
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Dave, somehow we have to get all three down to the field for a 'squadron' photo op!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      Dave, somehow we have to get all three down to the field for a 'squadron' photo op!

Grossman56
                                      I was thinking about that. It would require some extra transportation as I always keep them together, but it might also work to remove the wings, since they are just easy plug-in anyway. Definitely doable. Would make for a good photo op.

Is your P-40 the same scale as these jugs? I think they are about 1:8.3 scale. Would be cool getting all four of them in line, too.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Kinda cold and cloudy this morning, but ok for taking my Hairless Joe up for a flight since I had not flown it for weeks. Flew great, and I'm happy to report that the bottom of the drop tank on the fuse did not scrape one bit on the flight, even though I had put some cloth tape on the bottom rear of the tank just in case!

Name:	IMG-0482.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	369545

Name:	IMG-0483.jpg adjusted.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	369544

Comment

• Good looking model Davegee.