X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
    OK Guys. In serious mode about buying this plane, but I before I do, give me the straight scoop. Does this plane have enough power with the stock motor and prop? I've bought an FMS warbird before and had to upgrade the power system. I'm not looking for rocket speeds, but the 1450mm P-51 I have was just way too slow.

How about this plane? How do you rate it, especially for level speed and climb. Give me your thoughts please. Looking for honesty.

Thanks!
    To me its slow. I've brought this up many times, even thought something was wrong with mine.

I've been debating on using the 360Kv motor and prop from the 1700 FMS Corsair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plastic_Aviator View Post
      I've been debating on using the 360Kv motor and prop from the 1700 FMS Corsair.
      You might want to read up on that mod done by Delta.........not the easiest to do nor aesthetically looking on prop/cowl spacing and structurally stressing on the firewall. ;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hey guys, speaking as someone who has observed a stock and a CB modded P-47, CB's mod is the way to go ! And if that's not good enough, slap the left over motor and ESC into the P-40B, making it 6 cell, and stand back and be prepared to watch in awe. That's the way the P-40 and the P-47 should have come of the line, simply amazing. So you end up with a two fer !!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• I haven't tried the 16 X 6 X4 prop yet. To be honest, I like the way the P-47 flies right out of the box. I'm not against upgrades, but for scale like flying, I think the stock power set up is fine.

That said, sometimes like the rest of you, I get a Tim the Tool Man moment and feel the need to add just a bit more punch, so I'm getting and keeping the needed parts close at hand;-)

It was a little hazy here today, but the temps were mild and the wind was near zero. On days like this the Jug is a ***** cat. A flying buddy took some photos for me.

Comment

• Now That's what I would expect a P-47 Razorback to look like!! Great job on the paint WV. This plane almost begs to be painted, if one ever show up on my doorstep, it will!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Ride along?

Comment

• Comment

• Those two are just too quiet. Lets put some engine and other sounds to work (Aspire sound system in mine). :)

Comment

• When y'all do hat cams like that point the camera a few degrees up because it's a natural thing to follow more with your eyes than full head movement so you loose the plane when you fly. I see it all the time. Otherwise that sounds awesome!

Comment

• Late night of finishing up some paint touch ups..

Comment

• Very nice. I'm now listening to the Los Vegas scanners. Terrorist activity. Baaaad.

Comment

• Looks great DD. I need to do something like that with mine.
                          Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                            Looks great DD. I need to do something like that with mine.
                            Thanks man. Here are some shots of the completed model. Flew it twice Warbirds Over Grapevine. First flight was fantastic and issue-free. Second, I lost power on a low pass about 15' off the deck, and had to belly in. Damage was mostly superficial, a few scratches on the cowl, and a bomb plylon ripped off. I'll have it fixed this week. I'm also going to replace the ESC. I have a ZTW Mantis 150A in there and had several power issues with it. Hopefully, switching it for my Castle 100 will finally get rid of this issue.

Comment

• That really looks nice. I think maybe ill get creative with mine this winter. For some reason the stock color makes me losse orientation in bright light.
                              Dewey l

Comment

• Got some great photos of my Snafu today, courtesy of Lee aka capt soap on RCG. This bird is definitely one of my favorites to take to the field.

Comment

• So, Ryan and Charlie Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9877.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	105955 get flying formation, and lets face it, the formation got a little too tight.
                                  Now, there's one thing that all of us realize....................you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger and Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 818.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	105954
                                  Don't mess with Warbird Charlie!!
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 657.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	105956 LOL

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• It's that bada$$ macerator prop out in front. LOL You crack me up Gman. :)
                                    But I messed with TI and lost big time :Sick2: Scissor cuts paper like props shred jet Rx's :Angry: I still luv ya George ;)
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• You mess with the bull you get the horns baby :corsair:Bomb::a10
                                      TiredIron Aviation
                                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                        You mess with the bull you get the horns baby :corsair:Bomb::a10
                                        LOL GREAT EMOJI STORY TELLIN :Cool:
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

LOL GREAT EMOJI STORY TELLIN :Cool:
                                          I learned that from you :)
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X