X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Ah thanks Charlie! Really appreciate the data round up!

So question...Have you actually flown on that setup? Your post suggested what you thought it would do but you hadn't flown it yet at that time. I am skeptical of a 4S setup because even my 5S setup was a DOG. Thanks again!
    No I haven't flown it yet cause I'm not putting ski's on it and yeah the proof is in the puddin but so far to date my numbers have never let me down on all the power mods and builds I've done.
    I'll know absolutely in about a month but don't bet against me. ;)
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Definitely won't! :Cool:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• IMHO, you can take Charlie's figures to the bank!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Okay I am going to snag that motor and P-40 prop adapter and give it a go...
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• What ESC are you using charlie? ICE cool? I have been after Tekin for years to go air I am looking for a decent esc with logging.
            AMA 1102566

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
              What ESC are you using charlie? ICE cool? I have been after Tekin for years to go air I am looking for a decent esc with logging.
              AZ - the no frills ZTW Gecko 85A as I stated in post#278 ;)

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...c-with-8a-sbec
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

AZ - the no frills ZTW Gecko 85A as I stated in post#278 ;)

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...c-with-8a-sbec
                Man this thread is so out of control ORDER IN THE COURT lol. Thanks lots to read every few days. Is that a castle clone? I couldnt do that to castle lol
                AMA 1102566

Comment

• I don't believe it's a castle clone, could be of one of the older castle units though. If you are looking for good data logging, just be aware that the ZTW ESCs only have peak logging, not full logging. If you want full data logging capability of current, voltage, rpm, power, ect., it is hard to beat the Castle ESCs. They are also very easy to program through the software, so no messing around with beeping ESCs. They are a bit pricey, so I tend to only use them in my expensive helis, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Comment

• Here is my P-47 in the "Toots" livery in honor of my Mom who has the same nickname.

I wish FMS would follow Flightline's lead and let us put decals on our own planes. Would make it much easier to change the livery of their birds. I left some of the "Bonnie" graphics on there to keep from having to match the silver paint. Callie Graphics and some airbrush details to the rescue!

Comment

• Beautiful! Great photo as well!
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Fantastic looking plane. I have yet to fly mine. Its been so cold in WI again. -10 today with windchill.
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

• Well, I guess I should have gone with the Skyraider prop.. Might rebuild with a vario at some point, but it is going to sitting on the rack for now. Motor/prop/spinner was nowhere to found..

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            Well, I guess I should have gone with the Skyraider prop.. Might rebuild with a vario at some point, but it is going to sitting on the rack for now. Motor/prop/spinner was nowhere to found..
                            Well if that isn't just like takin a bite of :Poo:

If I had to speculate on failure mode am gonna say based on what I've seen of the motor board being half the size of the one used in the 1700.........the 5060 was just too much torque and twisted the whole damn mount out. :Scared:
                            Sorry DD, I know how much you liked the scale appearance of that 17" blade :(
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Just did the CG on mine yesterday and on the 4S power of that 4258-550kV motor that I transplanted with the Skyraider prop per my mod on post #278 it requires a 6000mAh size 4S.

Wish I could use two 4000 but as I said earlier in the thread they won't fit. I got 3 of the 6000's (used on my PBJ before bumping it to 5S) which should last me thru this season.
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

• That was not on a stock setup was it? If it was mine is a shelf queen lol
                                AMA 1102566

Comment

• Wow i feel your pain:Crying:deltadart. Sorry for your tragedy. Just flew apart with no warning at all???
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                    That was not on a stock setup was it? If it was mine is a shelf queen lol
                                    Cmon AK........as you said on post 327 "Order in the court" :P You've got to start reading versus glancing over these threads.;)Two posts before your question I already acknowledged what motor he used so no it wasn't stock and no you don't have to make yours a shelf queen that is unless your :wacky............................LOL
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Thanks for the responses guys, she will fly again at some point, just not soon. It figures that it had to be this bird, because I really loved how well it flew... I wouldn't be near so upset if I had there motor in hand, that's one hefty priced piece of equipment that is now somewhere in the tall grass. OV10, that's an interesting speculation on the failure mode. It is possible for sure, but I thought that the prop threw a blade.. I had just finished doing some air-to-air filming with it being chased by a DJI Phantom, and after one 10 minute flight of slow, full flaps crawling around, I landed and got ready for another flight. A couple of the guys at the field were joking that I had the slowest warbird on the planet. So I thought "Well I'll show them" and took it up again and went for a full throttle pass. There she was screaming by beautifully along the edge of the field when nose of the airplane exploded. It look like a hand grenade had gone of inside the nose and the motor went spiraling out to the side. The rest of the plane glided down very gently with no control input, and landed in the grass. We found everything else, but the motor/spinner/mount was gone without a trace. At some point, I'm thinking that the 300kv motor and an 18" Varioprop might be the best combo for the rebuild. This time with a 1/4" Plywood firewall...

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Cmon AK........as you said on post 327 "Order in the court" :P You've got to start reading versus glancing over these threads.;)Two posts before your question I already acknowledged what motor he used so no it wasn't stock and no you don't have to make yours a shelf queen that is unless your :wacky............................LOL
                                        Or, if he really wants to shelf it, I might be willing to take it off his hands.........;)

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Yeah thats not gonna happen lol. I was reading on my phone and it was a major pia to try and figure out how to flip pages. I actually bound a RX to it with the Al8 gyro.
                                          AMA 1102566

Comment

Working...
                                          X