Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Beeg. Is that paint or some kind of film?
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Paint. The "International Orange" is Behr house paint. The white is Rustoleum spray can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Pretty Danged impressive Bob!!! Doesn't look like she lost any of her great handling tendencies either!

Grossman56
        She is balanced very nicely. I will take her out this weekend with her sister ship in Blue Angel colors. The motor mod on #2 will be done by tomorrow. The Bearcat is just such a great model by Flightline!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
          Paint. The "International Orange" is Behr house paint. The white is Rustoleum spray can.
          What did you use to mask the lines so the paint didn't pull? I've had great success with Post It notes.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I posted down in Airbrushing tips&techniques under Airbrushing masks about my last couple months of experimenting with different masks.
            I started using low tack Frisket which so far has worked great as it's easy to cut into masks or thin strips to use as a low tack tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

What did you use to mask the lines so the paint didn't pull? I've had great success with Post It notes.
              Yellow Frog Tape works great, you can stick it to your shirt or pants to reduce the tack if you want.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Yellow Frog Tape works great, you can stick it to your shirt or pants to reduce the tack if you want.

Grossman56
                I've been using that stuff too.........like on the Tiger 2D ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Here's some shots of when I was converting my first Iron Ass with sound to Old Crow. Frog tape for everything Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3182.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	59591Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3180.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	59592Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3181.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	59593
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• If anyone has amazon video, you should check out episode 10 of "The Flightline". There is lots of beautiful footage of 2 Bearcats flying formation for the first half of the episode, gives me something to aspire to emulate when I'm out flying later. The show title is also strangely fitting for this model :). Also, ditto on the frog tape. It still isn't perfect, even when triple-tacked on a shirt, but its the closest that I've gotten. Used it for masking the shark mouth, insignias and camo on my FMS P-39.

Comment

• Flew 2 flights on the Bearcat today after installing an eagle A3 gyro. With my 16" prop, the Bearcat was flying great in zero wind, but the coupling torque and wind made it difficult to fly smoothly. With the gyro added, it flew gorgeous. Didn't even notice that it was windy. Flew in 7-10mph winds, and still made some of my best landings yet. It goes back on the regular flier list now!

Comment

• I put an A3L in mine as well, although stock it is such a great plane. I'm going to look in to your mods as well. Did you use just the 1400 mm blades on the stock hub or is it the complete 1400 mm Corsair prop?

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I used the HSD Skyraider 1 piece prop. Borntoolate over on RCG used the 1400mm Corsair prop without issue as well, but it will require the hub as well. The stock hub is too small to fit the 1400mm blades. I upgraded to the FMS 580kv 4250 motor w/85A ESC, and I believe BTL used the 650kv motor from the FMS 1400 P-40B.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                            I used the HSD Skyraider 1 piece prop. Borntoolate over on RCG used the 1400mm Corsair prop without issue as well, but it will require the hub as well. The stock hub is too small to fit the 1400mm blades. I upgraded to the FMS 580kv 4250 motor w/85A ESC, and I believe BTL used the 650kv motor from the FMS 1400 P-40B.
                            True. I swapped the motor with a 4258-650kv. I am using the 1400mm Corsair prop, hub and adapter. I initially put a 70amo ESC but have just received some 90/100 amp from HK. Both my Bearcats will have the new esc installed.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              Flew 2 flights on the Bearcat today after installing an eagle A3 gyro. With my 16" prop, the Bearcat was flying great in zero wind, but the coupling torque and wind made it difficult to fly smoothly. With the gyro added, it flew gorgeous. Didn't even notice that it was windy. Flew in 7-10mph winds, and still made some of my best landings yet. It goes back on the regular flier list now!
                              F106DeltaDart where did you install the gyro in your Bearcat? There is very little room in fuse and I would like to install a gyro in my Bearcat but I don't see any extra room in the fuse to install it.

Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post

F106DeltaDart where did you install the gyro in your Bearcat? There is very little room in fuse and I would like to install a gyro in my Bearcat but I don't see any extra room in the fuse to install it.

Nick
                                I added a plywood tray behind the battery tray. This is also where I mounted my tail retract servo. I put the gyro right over the hole in the tray next to the servo.

Comment

• I placed mine on the little ridge on the starboard side of the fuselage, works great. The receiver is just above it.
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9458.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	61308Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9459.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	61309
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks for the pics of the gyros. I will dig into my Bearcat and install my gyro. Took my Bearcat to my club meeting last night and it was a big hit everyone really looked it over and asked all kinds of questions about it one of the guys said he would give me 150 for it of course I said no!LOL We have a good bunch of folks we have a great time weather its at the meetings or at the field.

Nick

Comment

• Nice 'Cat, Mad Baron! I like that Olathe livery.

I don't know if I've posted this before but here is the FlightLineRC Bearcat flying formation with two FlightLineRC P-38s and a Durafly 1100mm Corsair. The Bearcat shown is Xplaneguy's 2B HP version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06406.JPG Views:	1 Size:	164.0 KB ID:	61695
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06405.JPG Views:	1 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	61696
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06421.JPG Views:	1 Size:	95.8 KB ID:	61697
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC06431.JPG Views:	1 Size:	117.7 KB ID:	61698
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Nice pictures, Alpha! I am looking forward to another trip down south to Apollo soon!

Bob

Comment

• Both of my FL Bearcats were re-maidened today as they have new motors and esc's. The flew superbly! Thanks to Karltrek for flying both for me. It was a bit windy and a lot busier at the new field.

Bob Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0774.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	62165Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0796.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	62166

Comment

Working...
                                          X