X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony617 View Post

I tried again yesterday and got the screw into the tail first try. I got the wings on and put the propellers and fired up the motors. Sounds very sweet and is my first twin motor bomber. It sounds real sweet with two propellers spinning up. The only issue is the list numbers on the receiver wires instead of control surfaces. I am using a 7 channel Lemon receiver and so I just assumed "01" was the throttle but when powered up the receiver I found the "03" was the throttle. It made a funny beep from the motors so I looked at the channels on the Detrum receiver in the install guide so I switched the wires and everything works now.

Tony
    Hey Tony, yeah the numbered wires were a bit of a pain to figure out. I hooked mine up to a servo tester and then relabeled most of them (there are a few that were self-evident like the retract and nose steering/rudder.)
    So you're telling me that the instructions showed what those numbers meant? Wait... Ah - HAH! :Dizzy: (I just glanced at the instructions, but I did watch Pilot Ryan's build video!!) :Silly:
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I had some excitement yesterday, the elevator servo died in flight...I was able to ease it down with throttle. While I was replacing the servo I decided to follow MD's lead and work on the incidence of the stab by adding a 1/8" wedge...this made a major difference in how the plane handles, I highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170821_170621328_iOS.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	93735

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170822_000852956_iOS.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	93734
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
        I had some excitement yesterday, the elevator servo died in flight...I was able to ease it down with throttle. While I was replacing the servo I decided to follow MD's lead and work on the incidence of the stab by adding a 1/8" wedge...this made a major difference in how the plane handles, I highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170821_170621328_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.7 KB ID:	93735

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170822_000852956_iOS.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	93734
        I think Rifleman was the first to use the spacer. I just lowered the LE. (Either way, its the same result) Were you able to take out the "up" trim, as a result?
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• The plane looks like it faired ok, 1/8 inch was my conclusion as well. It really seem to level the stab.

Comment

• I still have a little up trim but not much. RM I was able to land it without issue with the throttle....the elevator was pretty much centered.
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Good to hear that

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                I still have a little up trim but not much. RM I was able to land it without issue with the throttle....the elevator was pretty much centered.
                Don't it just make ya wonder what the pilot skills are of these factory test pilots who say to the designers "oh it flies great" when in fact there is a rudimentary incidence issue that has to be resolved by the higher skilled end users.
                I remember when the early version of the Dynam ME-262 had a horizontal stab incidence issue.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Here are a few updated shots of the B-26. I used some foam to make the seats. I bought the FMS pilots (013) from Motion .https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...lot-figure-013 I cut one of the pilots for the nose gunner/bombardier. I extended the nose gun since the foam block had to be cut out for the nose graphic. Then I cut out the observation bubble (foam) and replaced it with an acrylic dome from Kit Kraft. 1 1/8". Painted all inside surfaces interior green (Testors Model Master)... Decals from Callie!!! :Cool:

Comment

• And I am going to replace the elevator servo with a MG Freewing (17g) servo from the F-14 elevator. (I used HS-82MG's with 2/56 ball links and some tricks to get rid of the chatter in the full flying stab on the F-14). Don't want to land like TI. I have done that before, and it is a bit tricky!! And I will be adjusting the horizontal stab incidence as well... Thanks to all who have contributed to the knowledge base on this bird!! :Drinks:

Comment

• That's a beautiful interior setup Hardway! OV10 makes me wonder greatly indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        And I am going to replace the elevator servo with a MG Freewing (17g) servo from the F-14 elevator. (I used HS-82MG's with 2/56 ball links and some tricks to get rid of the chatter in the full flying stab on the F-14). Don't want to land like TI. I have done that before, and it is a bit tricky!! And I will be adjusting the horizontal stab incidence as well... Thanks to all who have contributed to the knowledge base on this bird!! :Drinks:
                        Don't forget, change the tail incidence approximately 1/8" trailing edge up for improved flight

Comment

• Doing it today!!! Thanks again!! I am finally enjoying this model. When I opened the box, not so much!!! It is growing on me... I am thinking of reversing the motors so they spin the props to the outboard.... Think about this... When they spin inboard, the p-factor is loaded into the center mass of the fuselage. That may result in some of the tendency to snap... If the props spin outboard, the p factor is spread out to each wingtip. It may make it more stable, UNLESS you lose a motor, then say bye-bye unless you are fast on the throttle. I am going to use a CC 20 amp BEC (overkill) and a A3-L gyro. I have them in just about all my planes and I think this one will benefit from it... Any thoughts on all that?

Comment

• Absolutely! Makes since to me. I may also try that with the motors I've also thought about running a gyro on mine as well.

Comment

• Comment

• Looks awesome

Comment

• Very nice work, Brent!

Bob

Comment

• She's ready for her maiden. I'm planning on Friday for the big event. Unfortunity, the Robart diamond threaded wheels I ordered won't arrive until then, so I'll go with the 'Fat Boys' for the first couple of flights. My first attempt at doing weathering with the salt and water method worked out pretty well. And putting the Flak Bait nose art on took some patience. The bombs had a tendency to lift off the backing. Still have the landing lights to sub out for white ones and to repostions the green/red to the wing tips.
                                    Last edited by Bigrc2; Aug 22, 2017, 03:08 PM. Reason: Pics in post #674

Comment

• Also don't forget to adjust the tail incidence as discussed above, work like that must be preserved

Comment

• Very nice work, Sir!!! Good luck on your maiden.... It is a beautiful model!

Comment

• Here are the spacers and the adjustments to the horizontal stab... Need to sand a little more on the leading edge bottom of the stab to get it smoother and a better transition to the new angle.

Comment

Working...
                                          X