Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no! That looks horrible. I'm very sorry to see that.
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• With all the discussion about the incidence of the stab, now I am looking very carefully at the incidence of the wing. Looking at my plane, it appears that the nacelles aren't perfectly parallel to the fuselage - they seem to be tilting down just a bit at the front. I was looking at this last night and I think if I lower the rear part of the wing saddle about 1/8 of an inch, the wing will be aligned correctly (the nacelles will be correct) and the top hatch will fit. And that slight change to the wing will provide a little more lift - and THAT would mean that the "up-trim" and/or the shim for the stabilizer would NOT be needed. See, if the TE of the wing is lowered, affectively you're raising the tail. Something to think about.
      OK well I want to eat some crow. I checked again tonight and I want to say, there's nothing wrong with the incidence of the wing as far as I can tell, the nacelles are NOT pointing downwards (although the motors have a bit of downthrust which is OK).
      So please ignore my previous comment.
      Here's a few pics -- first one shows the nacelle side-view making it obvious there's no issue. The second pic shows the rear edge of the damn hatch. I will fix it one way or the other....

TiredIron - I'm still cringing from "Idiot's Delight". You put so much work into that... Ow.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I've never really felt saddened by the loss of a plane like I do for TIs plane. After all the discussion and work he put into it and to help us all out. To see that beautiful bird fall really hit me hard. Really sucks.

Comment

• If this go fails, I might just bash the kit and make a tri motor out of it. Just for the heck of it.

Comment

• TI sorry about your bird.

Comment

• Any post prang analysis? Loose motor or prop?
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                Any post prang analysis? Loose motor or prop?
                Not yet, I will eventually...it lost power gradually so I'm thinking motor but who knows.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Yeah that's sounding like a failing motor to me

Comment

• TI sorry to see this bird in this condition. You put so much work into it.

Comment

• Some folks are having a time getting the wing hatch to sit flush. The rear of the hatch seems like it was resting on the top of the wing so I trimmed out the underside rear of my wing hatch until it set flush and it cleared the top of the wing. Hope this helps out.

Comment

• Still working on my wing hatch. Not sure if this was the right thing to do but I opened up the bottom intake vent on the nacelles. I shaved of the foam little by little until I cut all the foam out. I had some aluminum colored paint to I touched up the intakes.

I don't trust the magnets on the nacelles and I am planning to use a couple of T-pins to secure the covers. Did the same thing on my Dynam Hellcat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                          Some folks are having a time getting the wing hatch to sit flush. The rear of the hatch seems like it was resting on the top of the wing so I trimmed out the underside rear of my wing hatch until it set flush and it cleared the top of the wing. Hope this helps out.
                          My "top 'o the wing hatch" fits the wing absolutely perfectly on the wing, when the wing is not on the fuselage. -- check
                          And the hatch fits absolutely perfectly on the fuselage when there is no wing. -- check

But when the wing is installed in the saddle, the hatch doesn't go down all the way. D'OH~!

I took the wing off last night (keeping in mind that I've had 8-10 nice flights) and I found that the rear wing attachment points in the fuselage had pulled out AGAIN even after I had re-secured them. This is NOT GOOD. (I can't help but think -with some ominous music in the background- that someone's going to have their wing come right off while doing a loop....)

Next step for me - I am installing piece of plywood at the rear of the wing saddle, a hard mount if you will, so I can screw down the rear of the wing securely.

Comment

• Flight report with cg at 65mm and incidence change. 0 trim needed 0 flaps needed for take off or landing, and flew fine at 1/2 throttle

Comment

• Was that with the incidence change too?

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                Flight report with cg at 65mm and incidence change. 0 trim needed 0 flaps needed for take off or landing, and flew fine at 1/2 throttle
                                That is such great news!!! TI, sorry about the bird... But, it will fly again!!! :-)

Comment

• Even 5000s no effect, no effort to fly it at all nice and smooth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

That is such great news!!! TI, sorry about the bird... But, it will fly again!!! :-)
                                    I'm not sure if I will fix it...I'm re-evaluating putting so much money and work in these lower end birds when I can put the same money in a much nicer Flightline or Freewing plane...it would be different if I had just dumb thumbed it and crashed it which I do plenty of on my own but to have lost it due to a part failure really sucks.
                                    TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Flight report with cg at 65mm and incidence change. 0 trim needed 0 flaps needed for take off or landing, and flew fine at 1/2 throttle
                                      That's great news. Really sounds good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I'm not sure if I will fix it...I'm re-evaluating putting so much money and work in these lower end birds when I can put the same money in a much nicer Flightline or Freewing plane...it would be different if I had just dumb thumbed it and crashed it which I do plenty of on my own but to have lost it due to a part failure really sucks.
                                        But it is a Marauder!!!

Comment

• Judging by the damage it doesn't look like it would take much to get her going again. Just get the canopy kit (09) and the landing gear kit comes with a whole new nose retract unit. Add the gun kit and props, good to go. At least from what the photos show

Comment

Working...
                                          X