Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha-ha, the gear no doubt is the giveaway.

Comment

• I think the picture with Motion RC on it is the biggest giveaway.LOL
      The profile is really good, though, isn't it? Some add-on covers for the struts to simulate the beefy gear on the Bug will be cool- I think someone (Air Jon?) mentioned this. Also, if it'll work, mock cylinders on the back of the mains. The arm on the front of the nosegear is a must too!:Cool:
      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
        I think the picture with Motion RC on it is the biggest giveaway.LOL
        The profile is really good, though, isn't it? Some add-on covers for the struts to simulate the beefy gear on the Bug will be cool- I think someone (Air Jon?) mentioned this. Also, if it'll work, mock cylinders on the back of the mains. The arm on the front of the nosegear is a must too!:Cool:
        Tom
        Agreed! That would be incredible additions. I think this F/A-18C looks more realistic on the ground than the Freewing F-22 90mm EDF Jet. I also made a side by side comparison with pics. found of the F-22 90mm jet and its real counterpart. The 90mm F-22 looks great, and it's an amazing plane, don't get me wrong. However, on the ground it's completely obvious it's a model. The models angle of the intakes, massive nose doors, forward nose gear, along with it's oversized nose wheel make it obvious. In the air, it looks quite a bit better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
          I think the picture with Motion RC on it is the biggest giveaway.LOL
          Tom
          I smell some 3D Pups coming! ;)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Been busy making up some great scheme requests the past few weeks. Here are the most recent. Keep 'em coming guys, these have been fun to make!

Comment

• Originally posted by Callie Graphics View Post
              Been busy making up some great scheme requests the past few weeks. Here are the most recent. Keep 'em coming guys, these have been fun to make!
              I will have a couple projects coming up as ell! A Navy F-16 and an old school F-104 scheme as well... and this F-18 Blue Angel as well! Guess I better get in line now!! LOL
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Been busy making up some great scheme requests the past few weeks. Here are the most recent. Keep 'em coming guys, these have been fun to make!
                CG, Wow. You have been busy. :Cool: Those are great and I will be sending you some ideas soon, too. :)Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Those look great Callie!!

Comment

• Agreed.....Great work Callie!!!

Comment

Really hope you get around to the RCAF demo 2017 scheme I asked about a few weeks ago :D
                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• I've been working on a aileron servo cover / LED light housing. Unfortunately, because of different size limitations with the LED and of course how the linkages actually work for RC. I couldn't exactly make these perfectly scale. They are mainly concepts I've been working out for how to put some LEDs under the wings, like scale, but more RC functional (able to see them on approach, etc).

The covers started off kind of short, and since "scale" was already out the window. I was just going to use some 180° lenses, just like my F-22 has on the wings. In the photo, you can see one of the lenses mounted on one of the covers. Those lenses can be seen really well from all angles at night. But they are FAR from scale and ultimately I decided they just wouldn't look right. So I went with a pointer, more scale like design. It would be more aerodynamic and look a little more scale like. But I couldn't make it as pointy as the real thing and still fit the LED in the very tip. In the photo, the one on the right with a LED installed is closest to the current version. I've also worked out printable covers that can fit into the triangle around where the LED is mounted. The LED covers can be printed with transparent PLA or PET type filaments to create a light diffusing cover, or I suppose they can just be left open for max visibility. For the moment these are simply concepts, or prototypes, if you will. They may change quite a bit once I actually have the plane in my hands. I mean, as is they would just be glued on over the servo horns. But one thing I'd like to try to do with them is have part of them be a replacement for the actual stock servo cover, or something like that. That way they could just be secured with a couple screws around the servo. Though I'm not sure how, or if that will line up. At least not till I get the plane. Once I'm happy with them, I'll release the files for them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA18C-LED linkage covers.jpg
Views:	1133
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	195525
                        Attached Files

Comment

• IHW, I applaud your efforts here. I am a 'trial and errrrur, er, error' guy myself. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                            IHW, I applaud your efforts here. I am a 'trial and errrrur, er, error' guy myself. Best, LB
                            Not sure anything else can be done without the actual plane here. I tried watching some of the videos to get an idea of how the servos are placed and how tall the horns stick up etc. But that only gets you so far. So I ended up just printing them to see what they look like and how they would fit under the wing of my Super hornet, F-22, etc. They fit and look pretty good on those models. But there is no real guarantee the new Hornet will line up the same.

Comment

• This questions is for James@Motion,

Do you think I can squeeze 2 6s 3300s in the fuse? (I have a Tam 90mm 12s setup that needs a new home). I think that was you that I met at Nall and I should have asked then! The battery compartment in this airframe might be big enough....

Thanks,

Greg

Comment

• Alpha,

On the BA color scheme, will the LEX Fences receive the yellow outline decal, and will is be pre-installed or provided on the sheet with the other decals not applied yet (such as the tail numbers)?

On the video of the early version James has, I noticed the LEX Fence decals were not on the jet. However, when the decal sheet was shown in one of the videos, I saw what looked to be the yellow outline decal for those parts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190521-184157_Gallery.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	195817

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                  Alpha, On the BA color scheme, will the LEX Fences receive the yellow outline decal, and will is be pre-installed or provided on the sheet with the other decals not applied yet (such as the tail numbers)? On the video of the early version James has, I noticed the LEX Fence decals were not on the jet. However, when the decal sheet was shown in one of the videos, I saw what looked to be the yellow outline decal for those parts.
                                  You're in luck my friend. ;)
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	aa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	195829
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	aa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.4 KB ID:	195829
                                    Thanks Aros :). I was hoping those weren't forgotten. It's a subtle feature, but noticeable enough. Do you happen to know if those come applied or remain on the sheet for the customer to install? Either way would be fine as long as they are applied well :).

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Thanks Aros :). I was hoping those weren't forgotten. It's a subtle feature, but noticeable enough. Do you happen to know if those come applied or remain on the sheet for the customer to install? Either way would be fine as long as they are applied well :).

I sure hope they come applied, me and decals do not get along at all, they will wind up torn in half or wrinkled, sometime they just disappear and wind up on the bottom of my shoe.......:) I wish all decals were applied for me on all my jets, I have spent thousands of dollars on these foam jets, maybe if I ask everytime I buy one if they will send my jets with all the decals applied.LOLLOL

Is it June yet..............:Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I sure hope they come applied, me and decals do not get along at all, they will wind up torn in half or wrinkled, sometime they just disappear and wind up on the bottom of my shoe.......:) I wish all decals were applied for me on all my jets, I have spent thousands of dollars on these foam jets, maybe if I ask everytime I buy one if they will send my jets with all the decals applied.LOLLOL

Is it June yet..............:Silly:
                                        LOL That would classic to have both shoes, pants, shirt, face, all covered in Blue Angel's decals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Aros, would you be so kind to measure the bottom width of the instrument panel decal? This would help scaling my 3DP panel to the right size.

TIA

Frank

Comment

Working...
                                          X