Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me the length of the airplane built with out the nose, trying to find out if I can put this on the wall for space

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      Dang! So sorry to hear that. At least you didnt have Beiber on the vertical stab. It may have killed itself in shame! :Cool::P:) onward brother!:Cool:
      LOL true!

I put a new clevis on and noticed tightening it causes a twisting torque between the shaft that screws on and the part that pops onto the ball link. That middle section gets weak quick. I am now wondering if that is what happened...When twisting them on to the pushrod during the build, did the middle piece twist a bit causing a weakness during flight? If so, snapping off would have caused the elevator to pitch straight up (or down) relative to the other which would certainly have created the type of sudden loss of control that occurred. I want to blame a brown out but I cannot rule that out as a possibility. Something for everyone during the build phase to keep an eye on. I do seem to recall some of them being harder to tighten than others but didn't think anything of it at the time.

Now that the ARF PLUS's are out of stock, looks like I will have to make due with my current one and see if I can't get her back in the air before ordering a new airframe. Hopefully I can get her airborne again this weekend.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The heck with waiting. Snagged another PNP on the second pre-order. Due in by the end of the month. I can NOT not have a pristine one to fly dangit!! LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by John_53_70 View Post
          Can anyone tell me the length of the airplane built with out the nose, trying to find out if I can put this on the wall for space
          Motion has the length and width stats on their product page. I measured as well and got the same 59" that they listed.
          Pat

Comment

• He wants it without the nose. I guess someone just measure the nose and he's got it.

Comment

• The nose cone is 6".

Comment

• ^^ What he said. So 53" without the nose.
                Pat

Comment

• The ubec on the F18 to power your RX outputs only 4.5v. If you look at the specs on the admiral 600 Rx minimum operating voltage is 4.5..... that is probably your problem. The voltage probably dropped below and caused a temporary brownout. While I was doing my bench testing I was noticing the light on my Rx flash once in a while.... calling motionrc tomorrow, but I am sure that is a problem if you want to use that Rx. Normally Receivers operate at a minimum voltage like 3.5v or so... the admiral 600 requires minimum 4.5...

Comment

• Originally posted by Salomon View Post
                    The ubec on the F18 to power your RX outputs only 4.5v. If you look at the specs on the admiral 600 Rx minimum operating voltage is 4.5..... that is probably your problem. The voltage probably dropped below and caused a temporary brownout. While I was doing my bench testing I was noticing the light on my Rx flash once in a while.... calling motionrc tomorrow, but I am sure that is a problem if you want to use that Rx. Normally Receivers operate at a minimum voltage like 3.5v or so... the admiral 600 requires minimum 4.5...
                    Interesting, thanks for that tidbit...Very interesting indeed. It's certainly a possibility, however the quick guide and specs show an operating range between 3.45 - 8.4V. Still, I won't be putting that rx in my next PNP...I usually use the 10 channel but the F-22 and other models are using that one at the moment. As for the clevis issue I mentioned, here's a photo post crash...

Click image for larger version  Name:	clevisdamagepostmaidencrash.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.9 KB ID:	201620
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

The ubec on the F18 to power your RX outputs only 4.5v. If you look at the specs on the admiral 600 Rx minimum operating voltage is 4.5..... that is probably your problem. The voltage probably dropped below and caused a temporary brownout. While I was doing my bench testing I was noticing the light on my Rx flash once in a while.... calling motionrc tomorrow, but I am sure that is a problem if you want to use that Rx. Normally Receivers operate at a minimum voltage like 3.5v or so... the admiral 600 requires minimum 4.5...
                      My telemetry shows 5.0 V for the output of the UBEC. I confirmed that with a multi-meter. I had a ruddet servo wig out randomly, mrc is sending a replacement under warranty. Now I am noticing a sort of dead spot in both of my elevator servos. Even with a servo tester. I am leary of putting this in the air with stock servos. It's making me question the quality of the servos. Anyone else having these issues?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        So, what do you do when you start to run out of space for that next new plane? You do a "double decker hanger upper".

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3396.JPG
Views:	1313
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	201563

Not quite finished yet but I wanted a place to store it once it's done. Weather is pretty bad and won't be able to fly it for a week, maybe more. Still got the decals to do and balance it with the batteries I plan to use. Comparing this one to my old "OZ" one, I can say right away that the new version is a lot better in quality, design and execution. All control surfaces are much nicer and those giant flaps will come in handy. Battery compartment is huge compared to the old one. The "blue box" does make for a much tidier assembly. The old one is powered by the inrunner fan/motor from the 90mm Yak 130 and it needs it, as well as the thrust vectoring to get it to rotate off grass. Foam quality is great and the gear doors are a marvel by comparison.
                        Xviper you and I have a similar problem, storage! Haha, I am trying to solve mine with PVC, one more rack to build and I think I'll have this mess under control!:Cool:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Xviper you and I have a similar problem, storage! Haha, I am trying to solve mine with PVC, one more rack to build and I think I'll have this mess under control!:Cool:
                          My problem is I have no floorspace. Except for the cars in the garage and my hobby tables, Floor space belongs to the wife’s stuff. Ceiling space is all mine as long as it doesn’t hit our heads when we walk through.

Comment

• Anyone got any idea when those admiral batteries are coming back into stock and if they can be shipped to uk? I currently have 4500 mah and 5000 mah but the 5000s are crap Turnigy heavy duty ones and they dont actually last any longer than my decent 4500s. Each only gives me 3 min flight on my Avanti. Been looking everywhere for high c rating 6s 6000 but they're all house bricks. The weight of them is just insane. Really like how light the admiral is and cant find anything anywhere that even comes close to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Looks like we all have the same problems, space and the approval of our wives! My revelation is still imminent. :)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi, can anybody confirm this? I intend to use an Admiral RX700T, which also needs between 4.5 - 9V. Could be a fatal decision, if so.
                                And, could a glitch buster/power capacitor solve this problem?

Comment

• I wasn't going to clear coat mine... dang. :Angry:

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Love that shine (Testors Gloss Cote)! Maiden this Saturday.

Name:	DSCN5158.JPG
Views:	1041
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	201554

Name:	DSCN5156.JPG
Views:	1077
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	201552Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5157.JPG
Views:	1032
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	201553

Comment

• Anyone know what the green donut is for?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                      Love that shine (Testors Gloss Cote)! Maiden this Saturday.

Name:	DSCN5158.JPG
Views:	1041
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	201554

Name:	DSCN5156.JPG
Views:	1077
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	201552Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5157.JPG
Views:	1032
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	201553
                                      Hi, did you cover up all hinges, clavises, push rods and the canopy or just sprayed over?

Comment

• Attention Curlyculp:

Yes...............;)

Oh...........you want to know what it does LOL
                                        It is known as an iron ferrite core.
                                        The geometry and electromagnetic properties of coiled wire over the ferrite core result in an impedance for high-frequency signals, attenuating high-frequency EMI/RFI electronic noise. In laymans terms it is a RF noise suppressor.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          The nose cone is 6".
                                          Exactly what I needed to know thankyou, my wall is 54 inces so I should be good to go lol

Comment

Working...
                                          X