Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the newest available F-86 have the same motor set as the original?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scamp73 View Post
      Is the newest available F-86 have the same motor set as the original?
      not sure but now comes with the 1680kv outrunner...the fms fans are a little more efficient and seems to be easyer on the esc and battery as far as heat..they really come in only warm not hot

Comment

Is the newest available F-86 have the same motor set as the original?
        I looked at the specs and things have changed! I may be getting one soon. I don't plane to keep it stock and will put in an FMS fan. But the new fan designs are really good compared to the older stuff. Just not as good as the FMS fans.
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I looked at the specs and things have changed! I may be getting one soon. I don't plane to keep it stock and will put in an FMS fan. But the new fan designs are really good compared to the older stuff. Just not as good as the FMS fans.
          I was wondering as my original F-86 I had a couple years back really struggled to get off our grass runway. This one seems to get off it pretty easy.

Comment

• I just got the FMS 2100kv to replace the older generation FW Inrunner

Im hoping for some type of improvement. I guess I can find out in a few hours ;)

Comment

• Please post an update on how the FMS system worked. Was thinking about changing to the F-4 9 Blade

Comment

Please post an update on how the FMS system worked. Was thinking about changing to the F-4 9 Blade
                yes please do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

yes please do.
                  +1 please

Comment

• I will for sure :Cool:
                    I can tell you just from installing it and running it up to full throttle that it’s going to be good. I don’t know if my Inrunner was worn out or what. Also, I fly off grass so those that do the same can get a good idea where it will be. I will take it out this evening and have my wife record.

Comment

• video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

2100 fms fan ive been running this for a month or so it flys great and is all it can be... didn't do much in the vid as I didn't know it was being videoed and he missed my best passes etc

Comment

• When I received the fan from RC Castle it sounded like it had a bad motor just spinning by hand. Before even putting power to the motor I pulled the fan and the adapter off. There are two grub screws that hold the adapter to the shaft, and both were loose. After fixing that and reassembling, I powered it up outside the airplane and it sounded good. I know that my other FMS 90 and 70mm fans are a bit noisier due to not having the metal shroud to dull the noise.

Saturday evening I went to double check everything before heading out and I noticed vibration and an off balance fan sound coming from the FMS unit. So I tore it back apart to balance it instead of flying...

Yesterday, after I rebalanced the entire unit while assembled, I got to re-maiden the F-86. With the FMS fan, it blew the FW Inrunner upgrade (last generation) out of the water. It was a lot of fun to fly. It is better in every aspect regarding performance and I found myself fire-walling the throttle way more than I should on a new setup. My 13 year old stepson filmed the flight for his first first time so the video is as would be expected. The takeoff wasn’t even filmed 😐 I’ll edit the video soon to give people an idea of the difference.

I brought 4 batteries that day, but when I was taxiing back to myself after the first flight I could hear a noisy bearing. So, again the plane comes apart to investigate. Turned out after popping the end caps off that the shaft bearing was a little wobbly. They’re ceramic Japanese bearings and seemed dry so I put a generous amount of silicone grease on both of them. After just doing that I let it run slowly allowing the grease to sit a little better through the seals. Right now all is well, and hopefully it stays good for a long time.

Overall it was was a great upgrade... I think I got a bad one. The only 2 I received from RC Castle had problems.

Jim
                        Attached Files

Comment

• c17 see what I meant about the new upgrade? its a 50 percent power increase I love mine and didn't have any of the problems u did...I didn't get the hole fan set up as I had the 2000kv fan in it and just switched out the motor..maybe that's why

Comment

• I did read that the 2100s weren’t coming balanced very well... Opposite to the 2000. Either way it’s definitely worth it. I love the upgrade, definitely worth the swap :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                              I just got the FMS 2100kv to replace the older generation FW Inrunner

Im hoping for some type of improvement. I guess I can find out in a few hours ;)
                              The stock inrunner was not impressive to me at all. I had come up with my own set up (Haoye 10 blade with Freewing inrunner housing and Leopard 4 pole 3674 1900kv inrunner) for my 80mm Mig-21 and that outperformed the Freewing HET set up by leaps and bounds. I don't think that the HET motor and Freewing rotor worked well together. But when I added the FMS set up my Mig-21 really came to life! The FMS 2100kv set up should be pretty dang awesome! I also think that the 9 blade could be pretty good too but not as all around good as the fms...

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Does anyone know how fast this jet is ??

Comment

• Dammit! Of course they upgraded the fan right after buying one.... now I have to swap it out

Comment

• good thing is that the 2100 fits right into the old 2000 fan housing..2100 is just a short bit longer

Comment

• Finally got a chance to fly my upgraded FMS power set up in the F-86, I noticed a bit of an improvement...but not 159.00 plus shipping type of improvement...

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                                        Finally got a chance to fly my upgraded FMS power set up in the F-86, I noticed a bit of an improvement...but not 159.00 plus shipping type of improvement...
                                        it should be under $100.... where the heck did you get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

it should be under $100.... where the heck did you get it?
                                          I got it from the FMS midel website itself. 86.99 for the edf/motor, and 69.99 for the 100amp fms ESC.

Comment

Working...
                                          X