Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee , These poor planes are no longer airworthy they were great flyers but no longer. The B17 parts were put into a new B17 and the Bearcat has been replaced with a new one. Arizona would be a long drive.

Comment

• Happy 4th Everyone!! . Got 12 flights in yesterday on the American "pre-birthday" fly in and barbecue at the field. Took 3 of my "low stress" flyers, the Beast 60 Bi-Plane, MXS 62" Heavy Metal and the sweetest flying warbird there is, the FW Corsair. Would have gotten more flights in but a bunch of us decided to "celebrate" early with homemade 5 alarm chili , kielbasa and big boy dogs. All in all, a great day. The only thing I would have enjoyed better was to be at the celebration at Mount Rushmore with the Blue Angels and incredible fireworks, but I'll take the "sloppy seconds". Of course after the chili, anyone with an open flame had to stay at least 6 feet away from us, social distancing the old fashion way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_110929.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	262631Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_110954.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	262632Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_123813.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	262633Click image for larger version

Name:	20200703_123817-1.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	262634
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Looks like a fantastic day Hugh!

Got in some flying this morning at our clubs annual July 4th Funfly and had a blast. Took up the Corsair, UH-1N, and Bell 47 for a few flights each. Calm winds but hot. It is soon going to be “Texas Building Season” as temps start to push over 100.

Comment

• Had a great time today. Here are a few of the planes I flew this afternoon right up to and just after sunset. I got in four more flights on the T-33 and I test flew the E-Flite 70 mm F-16 for a student of mine and got three more flights with him on the Wireless trainer set up. Then We Flew a Few Choppers and a few other planes. Also while I took a break from flying I got this short video of my flying buddy Don, flying his Blade 160 S https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trs2Ph4x1Gk

Click image for larger version  Name:	flyday1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.8 KB ID:	262718Click image for larger version  Name:	Flyday2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	262719

Comment

• Here's a compilation video of what I flew yesterday. Mostly, it's just take offs and landings, with a flightline pass or two.
            FMS 1.6m P-51D
            Hobby King 1.8m B-17
            Flightline Spit IX
            Freewing T-33
            EFlite 1.2m F4U
            Seagull 63" Junkers CL-1G Tin Donkey monowing

Had a fun flying day, with no garbage bag recoveries. LOL

---
            Warbirder

Comment

• Dang wind has been blowing steady for a couple of weeks now!!!
              I've never seen it like this, batteries charged and raring to go. I keep waiting to fly the Hardway P-40B but the conditions haven't been what I want for a maiden yet. Patience I guess

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Got some play time with the 30% Black Horse Gilmore Red Lion. Now that the CG is dialed in, it's a lot of fun to fly. Nothing like a little Golden Age air racer action to get the juices flowing.

Name:	Gilmore Flight_0a.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	262771Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilmore Flight_3a.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	262772Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilmore Flight_15a.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	262773Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilmore Flight_18a.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	262774Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilmore Flight_31a.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	262775Click image for larger version

Name:	Gilmore Flight_33a.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	262776

Comment

• Tony, nice! The Gilmore Red Lion looks great!
                  ---
                  Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                    Here's a compilation video of what I flew yesterday. Mostly, it's just take offs and landings, with a flightline pass or two.
                    FMS 1.6m P-51D
                    Hobby King 1.8m B-17
                    Flightline Spit IX
                    Freewing T-33
                    EFlite 1.2m F4U
                    Seagull 63" Junkers CL-1G Tin Donkey monowing

Had a fun flying day, with no garbage bag recoveries. LOL

Very nice collection and nice flying Chuck, great way to give tribute and spend the 4th!!!! Love your B-17, isn't it about time FL comes out with a 2000mm (or larger) iconic B-17? I think the modifying crowd here would have a field day, not to mention keeping Callie busier than a one arm paper hanger!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Not from today, but yesterday in the evening. I’ve been flying this beat up 1/4 scale Cub that my father built circa 1991. Just converted it from .90 four stroke power to electric. Running a Castle 120 amp ESC, unidentifiable outrunner motor, and using a 6S 5000. Fun to fly! Click image for larger version

Name:	C567EA99-1CBF-439B-AA20-3AB98DF28C4C.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	262799Click image for larger version

Name:	021D696B-9B95-4297-BA1F-F804261DEE26.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	262800

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Very nice collection and nice flying Chuck, great way to give tribute and spend the 4th!!!! Love your B-17, isn't it about time FL comes out with a 2000mm (or larger) iconic B-17? I think the modifying crowd here would have a field day, not to mention keeping Callie busier than a one arm paper hanger!
                        Agreed, Hugh!
                        No matter what planes I bring to fly and no matter that the B-17 doesn’t do much more than circuits and figure eights (if will do a loop and a roll, if I have tons of altitude to trade), I always have more telling me how much they enjoy watching the B-17 fly, compared to the others. I have differential thrust on my B-17, and that makes flying and ground handling a lot more fun.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Got one flight in early this morning on the Magnum PI, I sold the black AH-6 to get the white AH-6 Navy Cayouse version.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I got in a lot of flying today this morning I took out my My E-flite Spit-fire, AT-Texan, PT-17 and the Air Tractor. In a hurry and forgot my phone and GO-PRO. Went back out just after 6:00 pm This time I took my E-Fite F-4 Phantom, Flight Line B-24, and my Blade 250. I did get a nice Hat cam Video with my GO-PRO of the second Flight I have made with my B-24 Liberator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNqANnXgRDM&t=10s

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Dang wind has been blowing steady for a couple of weeks now!!!
                              I've never seen it like this, batteries charged and raring to go. I keep waiting to fly the Hardway P-40B but the conditions haven't been what I want for a maiden yet. Patience I guess

Grossman56
                              Hey G-man I hear what your saying about the wind. Same thing down here in Cheyenne. Wind in Wyoming is nothing new but haven't seen it this bad in a while. Wind is usually out of the west or north but most of the time it has been the opposite. Out of the east and south. So far not a good year for flying let alone the virus.

Comment

• My Brother and I were out again this morning early Put another 1/2 hour on my Blade 250, and two flights on my F-4 Phantom, going out again tonight with a few planes jets and Choppers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmEPvmIH5E

Name:	f4-1.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	262892Click image for larger version

Name:	f4-2.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	262893

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                  Not from today, but yesterday in the evening. I’ve been flying this beat up 1/4 scale Cub that my father built circa 1991. Just converted it from .90 four stroke power to electric. Running a Castle 120 amp ESC, unidentifiable outrunner motor, and using a 6S 5000. Fun to fly! Click image for larger version

Name:	C567EA99-1CBF-439B-AA20-3AB98DF28C4C.jpeg
Views:	411
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	262799Click image for larger version

Name:	021D696B-9B95-4297-BA1F-F804261DEE26.jpeg
Views:	377
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	262800
                                  Great save Prowler!

Comment

• Took the Extreme Flight Legacy Aviation Muscle Coupe out for the Golden Hour this evening.

Name:	coupe4.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	262980
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Just finished an absolutely gorgeous sunset flight with my FMS Cessna. And three earlier flights with the UMX Timber.

Comment

• Got 20 flights in today on 4 planes, it was an absolutely beautiful 95 degree summer day with winds of only 8-10 mph. I brought out sort of an odd collection because our lawn mowing equipment broke down and we haven't been able to cut the grass for a week, which is never a good thing during the summer in Florida. I was hoping to take out mostly jets, especially my F-16 and SU-30 to try out my new Hobbystar 8000 mah batteries, but since the grass was longer than normal, I wasn't sure if either one would get off the deck with that extra weight so they stayed in the Hangar for now. I'll have to wait until at least next week to try those batteries out if we can get the machines fixed. I did some bench testing on that battery and it was actually pretty good, an actual C just barely below the Roaring Top 5500 70 C and the HRB 6000 50C (both of those tested out at virtually the same C on the IR meter). We'll see if the $179 per battery is worth it, but in simulated flights on the bench, it gives both of those jets an extra 1 and 1/2 minutes or more (which for me is a life time on EDF's) and the Amp and Watts drawn on the GT power meter are almost equal to those other batteries I've been using!

Name:	20200707_111441.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	302.2 KB
ID:	263120

Name:	20200707_111420.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	263121

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I went out early this morning 5:am to fly a few of my Jets and a couple Choppers. I made the first 4 flights on the SU-30 WOW what a Pig compared to all the other;s I have, The SU-30 should have Twin 80 mm fans in it. Other than that the SU-30 is fun to fly made 3 flights each on the others and 5 flights on both my Choppers Blade 250 and my Blade 550. I must admit Choppers are another learning curve LOL!!!!

Name:	jetd1.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	263533Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetd2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	263534

Comment

Working...
                                          X