Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to fly my Apache at the Southern Scale Classic in Dalton, GA this past weekend. Pictures compliments of Andrew Griffith.

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_766263664195921.jpeg
Views:	456
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	274779

Name:	received_1985177141617828.jpeg
Views:	455
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	274780

Comment

• Some pics from last week, just before the smoke rolled in from all the surrounding states. Now you can barely see Hart Mountain, so no flying today.

Name:	20200910_105907_Burst01.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	274802Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_105928.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	274803Click image for larger version

Name:	20200910_094511_Burst01.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	274804 Oh yeah, we had some snow a couple of days before that. Welcome to Summer in Wyoming

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Got to fly my Apache at the Southern Scale Classic in Dalton, GA this past weekend. Pictures compliments of Andrew Griffith.

Name:	received_766263664195921.jpeg
Views:	456
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	274779

Name:	received_1985177141617828.jpeg
Views:	455
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	274780
        So you got her dialed in pretty well I take it?? Looks great in the air that's for sure.

Comment

• Pics looks great Steve! That is one beautiful machine and it was great to see it fly! Got in a few flights on my 800 Bell 222, Bell 47, 600 UH-1N, and 500 UH-1C over the weekends as well.

Comment

• Here are a few more pictures from the Dalton event as well. Was lots of fun with a lot of amazing people and aircraft!

Comment

• I flew My 2.1 m Cessna 150 at a construction site that My partner and I have the Seeding and erosion control portion of the contract for. The Main contracter's project manager and Son both got a turn flying the big Cessna 150 We all had a great time and I may have two new RC Pilots LOL!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmK9zFEwSQA&t=16s I also grabbed a few photo's from the video

Name:	GH010051-2.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	274946Click image for larger version

Name:	GH010051-3.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	274947

Comment

• I did this video last night . I zoomed in all the way with my go pro next time I will not do any zoom And fly higher to get the whole project in the video and the photo's I grab from the video

Comment

• Getting the 800 Bell 222 dialed in this afternoon. Still needs final detailing, but its on its way!

Comment

• Finally got a chance to maiden the A-10 Arctic Thunder yesterday, what a sweet flying bird. Got in 5 flights with her, and another 5 flights each on one of my Extreme Flight planes, the Avanti and the SU-30.

Did a couple short videos, one on the EF Edge Demonstrator and the other on the A-10 maiden.

Name:	20200915_110218.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	275042Click image for larger version

Name:	20200915_110103.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	275043Click image for larger version

Name:	20200915_124941.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	275044

https://youtu.be/LBVcfkF_qI8 EF Edge Demonstrator

https://youtu.be/T7pcwobBDRA A-10 Arctic Thunder

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This is the link to the Edge Video:

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That A-10 is beautiful Hugh.

Comment

• Nice A-10 and video Hugh. Awesome video. Hugh I like the A-10 so mush I have three of them The E-flite Twin 64 mm, the FMS Twin 70 mm and the Free Wing Twin 80 mm. My Free Wing is in the paint shop getting the Artic Camo done on it but I am using Different colors on it. and I just received the Artic decals from Callie the other day I flew the FMS A-10 Thunderbolt today for the 2nd and 3rd flights, Wind 10 to 15 N head wind. With all the armament Installed. 2nd flight was with an Admiral 6c 5000 50c and the 3rd flight was with an RT 6c 4400 70c same time in the air 3.30 minutes after the two flights I checked to see what I had left in each battery the 5000 checked out at 38%, and 3.86 per cell left, and the RT 4400 checked out at 24% and 3.77 per cell. As far as how they performed in flight I did not notice much difference between the two. This video is with the RT 4400 70c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfkyI0yF5V4

Click image for larger version  Name:	10-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.5 KB ID:	275133

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                            Nice A-10 and video Hugh. Awesome video. Hugh I like the A-10 so mush I have three of them The E-flite Twin 64 mm, the FMS Twin 70 mm and the Free Wing Twin 80 mm. My Free Wing is in the paint shop getting the Artic Camo done on it but I am using Different colors on it. and I just received the Artic decals from Callie the other day I flew the FMS A-10 Thunderbolt today for the 2nd and 3rd flights, Wind 10 to 15 N head wind. With all the armament Installed. 2nd flight was with an Admiral 6c 5000 50c and the 3rd flight was with an RT 6c 4400 70c same time in the air 3.30 minutes after the two flights I checked to see what I had left in each battery the 5000 checked out at 38%, and 3.86 per cell left, and the RT 4400 checked out at 24% and 3.77 per cell. As far as how they performed in flight I did not notice much difference between the two. This video is with the RT 4400 70c https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfkyI0yF5V4

Click image for larger version Name:	10-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.5 KB ID:	275133
                            Nice flight, these are definitely awesome flying birds that look great in this livery. Noticed the Arctic Camo police car at the end of the runway, guess they're happy with this livery as well. I did get 5 minutes of useful throttle time on mine with 2 RT 6250's, still finishing with 30% left, so this is definitely a fun flying EDF! Should have gotten one sooner!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh the Parking lot we use for a runway is 800ft in length with trees on both ends and west side and only 25ft wide with our vehicles parked side ways. To say the least it is a little intimidating, and with a cross wind it is even worse, but it is what it is. The closest paved RC field is 150 miles from Rapid City SD in Gillette Wyo. another place I love to fly my EDF's is 70 miles away in Newcastle Wyo where we can use the Municipal Airport with nothing in the way and 4000ft of runway I love flying there. Your grass runway would be to die for around here. Again great flying and video's Hugh. My Free Wing Twin 80 mm is getting a paint job two shades of Blue, One shade of White and Black. Also need to finish up my AL-37, but working part time, flight Instruction with 5 students, and for them and myself Doesn't leave much time to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                                Hugh the Parking lot we use for a runway is 800ft in length with trees on both ends and west side and only 25ft wide with our vehicles parked side ways. To say the least it is a little intimidating, and with a cross wind it is even worse, but it is what it is. The closest paved RC field is 150 miles from Rapid City SD in Gillette Wyo. another place I love to fly my EDF's is 70 miles away in Newcastle Wyo where we can use the Municipal Airport with nothing in the way and 4000ft of runway I love flying there. Your grass runway would be to die for around here. Again great flying and video's Hugh. My Free Wing Twin 80 mm is getting a paint job two shades of Blue, One shade of White and Black. Also need to finish up my AL-37, but working part time, flight Instruction with 5 students, and for them and myself Doesn't leave much time to do so.
                                Thanks, we do have a very nice grass runway (and I need every bit of it in length and width at times), only surrounded by the Everglades and some High tension electric lines we need to get over on landing approach. A couple of guys with the multi-million dollar large turbines have already "wrapped" their jets around the lines, which are closer than we all seem to think, but that's life! Can't wait to see your finished AL-37 and the repaint of the A-10 with the 2 shades of blue instead of the grey sounds like it will be incredible.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Here is an Aerial video I did late this afternoon 6:00 pm with my 2.1 Cessna with one of my go pro's facing down mounted on the right side of the fuselage. Had a great time doing this one I had the zoom at full. With telemetry altitude right at 300ft AGL. At one point in the video you can see a kite some kids were flying from the Fair grounds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6VioPZegbU

Comment

• Ahh... Cobra Jet, under powered by today’s EDF standards, still provides an enjoyable ride. Forces good energy management techniques to carry momentum through vertical maneuvers. Good for windy day flying.

Enjoy the weekend folks!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• I never go out on Saturday, too many pilots usually, but the weather was outstanding and I'm so hyped up to put flights on with the A-10, that I decided, what the heck. We must have had about 20 pilots out, but most messed around all day with their monster turbines and I was able to get 5 flights in on the A-10, my Avanti and one of my 60" Extreme Flight birds. We also cooked up a load of kielbasa for lunch, so all around a great day. I have to say, this A-10 is one of the best flying EDF's I have, getting 5:30 of robust flying and still coming in with almost 40% battery on the RT 6250. Dare I push it to 6 or 6 1/2? Maybe I'm crazy, but the A-10, IMO, flies just as easily as the Avanti, vertical maneuvers are a breeze and knife edge is almost too easy. The book high rates for me, with 30-35% expo, are right in my sweet spot. But what really impresses me is the slow flight and the rock solid easy landings, certainly the smoothest landing EDF I have. Moved the CG back to around 91-92mm and she lands so well it almost looks like I know what I'm doing (which is never the case). Unfortunately the rest of the weeks weather looks horrible, so for now I'll have to be content with today.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                        with almost 40% battery on the RT 6250. Dare I push it to 6 or 6 1/2?
                                        40% is a lot left. I typically end up with 20% or less and the batteries appear to still be happy. They charge up fine the next time with very low IR. I know a guy who runs his batteries down till the LVC hits (soft cut off), then lands. That's too extremely but he seems to get away with it on his prop jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          40% is a lot left. I typically end up with 20% or less and the batteries appear to still be happy. They charge up fine the next time with very low IR. I know a guy who runs his batteries down till the LVC hits (soft cut off), then lands. That's too extremely but he seems to get away with it on his prop jobs.
                                          I normally also run them down at least to the mid 20's, but I just couldn't get myself to fly longer than 5 minutes without thinking I was getting too low. I'm going to have to keep increasing the timer till I get there, but anything over 5 minutes on an EDF just seems crazy to me, and I'm not just cruising around at 40-50% throttle!. Several Cuban 8's, Split S's and other vertical maneuvers along with a couple of knife edges at or close to full throttle. These RT 6250's for me are just right for this bird, and they are not that heavy at 790 g so I have both batteries almost as far back as I can get even after removing the circuit board and sticking it on the side wall. I really like the CG around 90-92mm as well, and I think it could go back even a hair more. Makes landing extremely easy, at least IMO.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X