Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Wiedman Great event, Sir. Wish I was there. It's the poops when individuals avoid taking responsibility for fault. Clearly, climbing over the back of another aircraft is poor piloting whether one is final or not. A picture is worth a 1000 words. The 'spotter' needs his eyes examined and the offending aircraft owner should have offered recompense of some kind, IMO. I do like your attitude, Hugh and with that open parking slot in your hanger, I'm thinking you'll find a way to fill it. Best, Steve
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Hugh Wiedman Great event, Sir. Wish I was there. It's the poops when individuals avoid taking responsibility for fault. Clearly, climbing over the back of another aircraft is poor piloting whether one is final or not. A picture is worth a 1000 words. The 'spotter' needs his eyes examined and the offending aircraft owner should have offered recompense of some kind, IMO. I do like your attitude, Hugh and with that open parking slot in your hanger, I'm thinking you'll find a way to fill it. Best, Steve
      Thanks, I appreciate the good words. I'm well over it but will probably file a formal complaint, only because he seemed to refuse any responsibility and didn't even have the manners to apologize.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Thanks, I appreciate the good words. I'm well over it but will probably file a formal complaint, only because he seemed to refuse any responsibility and didn't even have the manners to apologize.
        Out of curiosity, did he manage to land his F-16 after that, or did it crash after impact?

Obviously, though, someone with more money than either sense or courtesy.

Comment

• Like I've said in other posts the level of stupidity and ignorance these days astounds me. Hope you can get some satisfaction from a formal complaint and move on to a new build. Good luck Hugh!

Comment

• While I cannot show you what I flew today, these guys were there as I parked in Albuquerque...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Vice President's plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                Vice President's plane?
                Part of that fleet.

Comment

• Winding down around north Vermont, nice day in the low 50's° today . Great day to grab some foam and fly Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_155949.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	280889

Comment

• Yeeha. Lockdown not over just yet. But my thumbs deserve it. Stuff em. So I flew trusty Corsair. Which went well. Still I was nervous ..... And then maidend The mig 17. Very very. Nervous. Not flown 4 toooo long. It went well. It did need lots right aileron trim. And It was a tiny bit pitch sensetive. It was a bit windy so may wait 4 no wind c if that is still the case. Unless u guys have suggestions. Was fun

Comment

• Early knock off today, out to the field for a dozen flights on the Mig. Had the place to myself, as is usual midweek.

Have taken to flying it clean, as much as I love scale detail it just flies so much better. Starting to explore the flight envelope a little more, too. Quite exciting seeing a 6.5kg EDF flapping around in the sky.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201021_205515.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	281480

Name:	20201021_174550.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	281481

Comment

• Three flights today on this recently completed Sterling TriPacer. Running a salvaged Dynam Corsair power system (probably not my greatest decision ever) with a 4s 2200 battery. And Callie graphics of course! Click image for larger version

Name:	F99DC08C-487E-4D13-BEF9-7A178315722B.jpeg
Views:	395
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	281726

Comment

• I got to fly 3 Freewing Panther Jets. All at once!

Name:	vanceandpanther.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	282507

Name:	Panther2.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	282508

Name:	panther3.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	282509

Name:	panther5.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	282510

Photoshopped

Name:	panther4.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	282506

Attached Files
                          Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Do all 3 plane uses all of their control surfaces? When they're stuck to together like that, if the front plane goes UP elevator, isn't that like a single plane's canard going DOWN? Or does it just work anyway? Real cool, especially if you could dump the wheels after take off.

Comment

• Xviper,

The two right ailerons function together and two left alierons function together, Two inboard alierons are non-functional.

Two rear elevators function together. Front elevator is non-functional.

All three edf's function together.

I have 3 retracts fitted but for the maiden flight used stationary main wheels for simplicity. Nose wheel does retract.

Amazingly it flew really well on the maiden, didnt even need to trim it!
                              Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post
                                Xviper,

The two right ailerons function together and two left alierons function together, Two inboard alierons are non-functional.

Two rear elevators function together. Front elevator is non-functional.

All three edf's function together.

I have 3 retracts fitted but for the maiden flight used stationary main wheels for simplicity. Nose wheel does retract.

Amazingly it flew really well on the maiden, didnt even need to trim it!
                                That's makes sense. If a video of it should come along, that would be really interesting.

Comment

• Vdanger, that is very very cool. Ken Willard would be proud!

Comment

• Hopefully I can get some video on my next flight

Comment

• What is the frame made of? Obviously not too heavy for all of it to fly.

Comment

• The frame for the panther squadron is all made of 10mm square carbon fiber tube. Its pretty light.

There are fittings available for 10mm tube on Hobbyking.

This stuff is originally intended for those giant do it yourself quadcopters, hexacopters and octocopters.

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                          Three flights today on this recently completed Sterling TriPacer. Running a salvaged Dynam Corsair power system (probably not my greatest decision ever) with a 4s 2200 battery. And Callie graphics of course! Click image for larger version  Name:	F99DC08C-487E-4D13-BEF9-7A178315722B.jpeg Views:	64 Size:	243.9 KB ID:	281726
                                          Great job with a rare kit. How does she handle?
                                          Saw a couple on FleaBay and almost had to go for it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X