Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew dusk patrol formation with my wingman last evening. A shot looking back at his Spitfire.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Today's hangar: Two flights each on the Tiny Trainer, Simple Scout, and Stinger, and one flight each on the Storch, Versawing, and Bushwacker. First flight of the Tiny Trainer was done on FPV, using a mount printed by one of our club members, and both advice and assistance from the same (thanks, Jason!). I flew a second flight with the FPV rig on the TT a bit later, though I put the goggles off to the side on record mode, and just flew line-of-sight (by that time, those left at the field were packing up and heading out, so I wouldn't have had a spotter to keep an eye on the plane). For a relatively inexpensive FPV rig, I'm pretty happy with the performance, and that I didn't crash.

Only near incidents today were probably the ugliest take-off I've ever done (and actually made it into the air), when one wheel on the Storch decided to start binding, and flip the plane 180 degrees around. Other near incident was the final landing of the day with the Stinger. When I took off, there was only a bare wisp of a breeze coming from the south. Landing from the north, it seemed to not drop speed like I expected, and touched down with barely any runway left (rolled into a clump of weeds, but no damage). Turned out, the wind had flipped around to come from the north, and picked up a bit, so I was landing with a tailwind. I should have taken a final peek at the streamer across the runway.

Comment

• Finally got some decent weather after 3 weeks of high winds and rain so I got a few EDF's out. The A-10 and F-4 are a couple of my favorites. Still amazed at how well the A-10 maneuvers and lands. The SU-30 is still kind of a pig, especially landing as it definitely drops out unless you keep some throttle on landing (maybe I just need to get some more hours on it as I only have about 30 flights-and it definitely takes some time to get it off of grass), but in the air and on the ground it does look nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_111152.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	286152Click image for larger version

Name:	20201115_111208.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	286153
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I got a short test hover on my Roban 800 OH-6.............

Comment

• Another great morning at the field. Just picked up this Eflite Stearman 15E at a swap meet. It's a sweet flyer.

Comment

• Today was a nice calm 40 degree morning. My older Brother and I want down to the long Fair Grounds parking lot we fly from. I Test flew my new E-flite V-1200 pylon plane, which has a 48" wing span, flaps and retracts. The Battery used was a RT 6c 4400, 70c. We got it on the radar gun at 147 mph. flying straight and level. WOW !!!!! this one rocks. reminds me of the Q 500's at 150 to 170 mph with the nelson 40. but still doesn't hold a candle to the Quarter 40 mustang. I ended up making 5 passes before I made the landing, with full flaps power off to get it down I am very impresses with this new Bird much faster than my other racer's. V-900 and the Skynetic Havok. the V-1200 is a sweet plane to land on a paved runway, beats the heck out of the belly landers you have to hand launch. then come in on the Belly. I give it Two thumbs UP. The V-1200 satisfices my need, my need for speed LOL!!!!!. My brother could not keep up with it to get a video on my iPhone X

Name:	TV1.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	287050Click image for larger version

Name:	TV2.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	287051

Comment

• Man I love the idea of that V1200 but unfortunately horizon have decided to gouge us on the price here. You can get a big scale freewing jet for what they're asking.

Hopefully someone else comes out with something similar with 6S power coz it looks like a tonne of fun.

Comment

• I put 2 flights on my V1200 today. Wind was 12-15mph but straight down our runway. The v1200 handles the wind like a champ and it's much easier to land with a head wind.

mshagg to bad you can't get your hands on a V1200. It's not a plane, but more like a rocket ship you can steer HAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                    I put 2 flights on my V1200 today. Wind was 12-15mph but straight down our runway. The v1200 handles the wind like a champ and it's much easier to land with a head wind.

mshagg to bad you can't get your hands on a V1200. It's not a plane, but more like a rocket ship you can steer HAHAHA
                    I agree ! Landings are much easier with a head wind I went out again this morning today we had the wind straight down the parking lot ( runway) south of the Rapid City fair ground. I put four more flights on the V-1200. On the radar gun down wind WOT straight and level we hit 162 mph. That's stock right out of the box. Two 4 minute flights with the Roaring Top 6 cell 4400 70c and two four minute flights with the Admiral 6 cell 4000 60c batteries, with 18 % or 3.72 per cell on the Admiral's and 23 % or 3.78 on the Roaring Top's With four clicks of right rudder 70% bank in a knife edge circle is possible with out loosing any altitude. The V-1200 handles wind with ease and that is with out AS3X flies like it is on rails. As far as Speed, it will out perform any EDF Motion has. Also out flies the Skynetic Havoc. With the retracts and flaps beats the Havoc hands down. I have always hatted hand launching and belly landing racers like the V-900, Skynetic Havoc, and the Hobby King EF EXTRA which I still fly. The belly laninding planes are prone to breaking props some times. I have always thought if they came out with an electric FAST Racer with retracts I wouild not hesitate to buy one no matter who came out with it, and the flaps are a plus, and a necessity on this V-1200, That's all I have to say about that. If you want a Scale jet buy one if you want a FAST Pylon racer this V-1200 is a must have

Comment

• Only problem with the V1200 is the landing gear. It's pretty weak.... It hasn't broken on me yet but i've had to tweak things after some of the flights to get the gear to close up completely for the wheel to sit in their opening. But that is no big deal for me!

LOVE THE V1200!!!

Comment

• Nice morn here. Free of lockdown. Yeeehaaa. So got out the mig 17. Which i finally have the setup good. Looks good on the air. Then the remaiden. With a new fuse of my f35. For anyone who cares i cut 1 inch off the inner part of the ailerons. Glued it to the wing.... Still only had. 10 or12 mm. Travel..... Funny thing. Was in control. This time. Its fast.. for me anyway. Just an intermediate pilot. Was fun ... Was not as bad on orientation as i expected. Thanx guys

Comment

• 406Pilot. You are right about the the landing gear. it is a little week. I have not had any problems, YET. I have made 6 flights on it now and have greased every landing. Bouncing this plane in on the week landing gear may not be good, and tear the retract out of the wing. After the 6 flights, checking the tread on the main wheels the ribbed tread is almost gone have replaced the cheap tires with better wheels tail wheel is not the best either. I would not fly this one from a grass field especially a clumpy grass field. I believe grass OPs would prove detrimental. The V-1200 will make a great Club pylon racer for the Experienced Pilots in a Club. The V-1200 is my Top pick for a fast pylon style plane.

Comment

• Here's an entry for the Something a Little Different category. Yesterday was an epic flying day at our field. Mild Temps. Sunshine. Virtually no wind. I think that I did around 15 sorties. I think that my favorites were these rocket boosted gliders.

These RBGs are kitted by Dynasoar Rocketry. The two RBGs are The Man in the High Castle GNR SST and the Fireball XL-5. They boost on reloadable Aerotech E-6 motors ammonium perchlorate rocket motors (7 second burn, no ejection charge) and recover under RC elevon control. The flights are short, but they are fun.

Name:	B0D0CF1D-0170-4399-B3DB-3778F541F943.jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	287211
                            ---
                            Warbirder

Comment

• FPV would be fun on that.

Comment

• Alas, no flying this weekend (had to work yesterday morning), but I did take a drive to the Hobby Place at our local Ace Hardware, and dropped my birthday money from MIL, and some of the Achievement Award on last week's paycheck, on the Blade Nano S2 RTF helicopter. I hope to get some good flying in over the upcoming long weekend, with both the airplanes, and trying out the new heli.

Comment

• Not a motion plane but had to share this pic a friend snapped of the FMS A10 prowling on Sunday morning. Such a sweet flyer, if not a little rough on batteries at times lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	125948886_3866050580080675_7563734765268713965_o2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	287448

Comment

• Was supposed to fly on sunday, but the wind was giving us a hard time. Today a few guys took the day off and flew since it was dead calm out. I got 4 flights in on my MotionRC F35 70mm & 6 flights on my E-Flite 1.5m P-51. Was a great day flying. Wish I had taken some time to get a few pictures. Was having to much fun in the air and forgot about pictures.

Flying RC best hobby in the world!

Comment

• mshagg. I have three A-10.s in my hangar The FreeWing Twin 80mm, The FMS Twin 70mm, and the E-Flite Twin 64mm. The two smaller ones I fly a lot more at the fair ground parking lot we use for a runway. For the larger FreeWing Twin A-10 80mm the parking lot is a little confined for it, but I do like to fly it at some of the smaller Airports in the area

Name:	A10L.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	287515

Comment

• The A-10 is such a great flyer. I've got 57 flights on my e-flite 64mm A-10. It's one of the easiest flying jets out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                                          The A-10 is such a great flyer. I've got 57 flights on my e-flite 64mm A-10. It's one of the easiest flying jets out there.
                                          I agree. Two more that are a comfort to fly are the FreeWing T-33 and the FMS Red Arrow Hawk both 80mm

Name:	t-33.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	287534Click image for larger version

Name:	test flight hawk.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	287535

Comment

Working...
                                          X