Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F106DeltaDart Amazing looking medical chopper!!!!!! Great photos as well.

Comment

• Got 4 flight in today on the Corsair, F-4, SU-30 and Spitfire #2, including the maiden. All the MRC aircraft flew outstanding, getting 9 minutes on the Corsair and over 10 on the Spitfire (with 40% left). Glad I got another Spitfire, it flies so well. I must have about 50 flights on the SU-30 and it still one of the toughest EDF's I have to land perfectly, definitely need to keep the throttle up or it drops like a rock. Take off on grass is less than outstanding as well. I still somewhat enjoy flying it, but only get just over 3 minutes on a RT 5500 and it seems I have to land just as I'm getting into it. My Freewing F-16/F18/F-4's/A-10 fly so much better, better flight times and are definitely more enjoyable to fly, but I still keep working at the SU-30 for some unknown reason. Another friend has the F-4 Sundowner in the picture (which believe it or not was given to him by a neighbor-I sure live in the wrong location), 8S with the inrunner, man does that sound and fly incredible. Mine still has the original 6S outrunner, still flies great but it's a whiner!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201129_122743.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	288454Click image for larger version

Name:	20201129_122717.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	288455

RudyD54 joined me with his Mig-29, Gripen, E-Flight P-51 and the F-22. Last time out he maidened the Mig and now after 6 flights he's a master. I hate him!!! Today he maidened the Gripen and the P-51. He has no fears when it comes to maiden flights and every time I see him he has at least 1 or 2 new planes to maiden. I want to be like Rudy when I grow up. And all these fit inside his Mini Cooper, how I have no idea. He's probably got a few dead bodies in there as well. I shot a video of the Gripen, which he'll post in that thread when I put it together, but that's one odd flying EDF and I had an impossible time seeing the orientation (he did as well and has much better eyesight than I do, but then I fly via braille). It's like a needle with wings.

Name:	20201129_122819.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	288456

And this is the F-18 I dream of owning, of course a turbine. I'll need to win the lottery (maybe 2 of them) before I can get one of these. But man, it flies so well and this is one bad boy I have absolutely no problem with as far as orientation. Hope Santa is listening!!

Name:	20201129_142700.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	288457

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
        F106DeltaDart Amazing looking medical chopper!!!!!! Great photos as well.
        Thanks 406Pilot!

Comment

That's an awesome picture. Would love to see the video of that flight!
          Sharing video from my friend who followed our FPV warbird formation sortie...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Turbinefancy Great video. Love seeing the squad flights!!

Comment

• What did I fly today? NUTTIN! Winds are 20 mph and our version of winter came with temps in the mid 50's , man that feels good. I don't have any new aircraft to garishly paint so decided to take my frustration out on the House and add some color. Put up a few Christmas lights , it's been such a year I had to do something to celebrate, and it looked so much better after a couple bottles of Scotch! Even got the fireplace going, , just who in their right mind has a fireplace in South Florida? You guessed it, someone not in his right mind, ME!! Hope everyone has a great December, can't wait for this year to just be over.

Name:	20201203_194612.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	288886Click image for larger version

Name:	20201203_194533.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	288887Click image for larger version

Name:	20201203_194725.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	288888Click image for larger version

Name:	20201203_194747.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	288889
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here's to hoping winds die down a bit. I have been I the same boat. 20-30mph winds over the last couple days. They are supposed to calm down to 5-15mph starting late tonight. If they actually down calm I'll be out flying this weekend!!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	FMS DHC2 Beaver 2000 (3).JPG
Views:	653
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	288892 Very impressive Hugh! I know you don't have snow; so I guess the Southerners do it up with big lighting. That's just a real knock out display! BTW: I was shoveling snow and switching over to snow tires today. Still fairly mild in T.O., but we'll get walloped soon. Merry Christmas to ya. I'll be flying the RCAF FMS Beaver in the snow soon...

Comment

• You poor folks, here in Ca. it's like 67 degrees and nice and sunny, can't believe this year in December is so nice, we are still flying....

Well until our lockdown starts soon, back to the stay home and lock yourselves crazy again....

Comment

• Got out for a few flights this morning, unfortunately tragedy struck on around pack 6 when the transmitter shut down mid flight.

Nothing really salvageable, even the receiver got smashed to pieces.

Obviously it sucks to lose a nice plane, but she had a good run over the past 12 months and recently won a static display competition at our club.

Name:	IMG_20201204_090011_283.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	288904

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        What did I fly today? NUTTIN! Winds are 20 mph and our version of winter came with temps in the mid 50's , man that feels good. I don't have any new aircraft to garishly paint so decided to take my frustration out on the House and add some color. Put up a few Christmas lights
                        I can't believe we beat your temps today. We got up to 60. More of the same this weekend. It's almost Bermuda shorts time.
                        A "few" lights, you say? I'm mesmerized.

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                          Got out for a few flights this morning, unfortunately tragedy struck on around pack 6 when the transmitter shut down mid flight.

Nothing really salvageable, even the receiver got smashed to pieces.

Obviously it sucks to lose a nice plane, but she had a good run over the past 12 months and recently won a static display competition at our club.
                          That's a bloody shame. Mine landed (more like a splat) in the water last fall, but doesn't look anything like yours. I have yet to assess the damage this winter. However, I'm hopeful that mine is repairable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                            What did I fly today? NUTTIN! Winds are 20 mph and our version of winter came with temps in the mid 50's , man that feels good. I don't have any new aircraft to garishly paint so decided to take my frustration out on the House and add some color. Put up a few Christmas lights , it's been such a year I had to do something to celebrate, and it looked so much better after a couple bottles of Scotch! Even got the fireplace going, , just who in their right mind has a fireplace in South Florida? You guessed it, someone not in his right mind, ME!! Hope everyone has a great December, can't wait for this year to just be over.]
                            Hugh, Your home looks great and you can never put up too many lights. And for the record you do not do 'garishly painted airplanes'. I love your liveries. Speaking of new airplanes, I have the Flightline Corsair in the queue, but can't seem to get the Freewing Twin 80mm Tom Cat outta my head. Hugh, what would you do? Best to you and yours this Holiday Season, Steve

ps: I know, I know, a bit off topic. My apologies.
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                              unfortunately tragedy struck
                              MS, Yep, that's a tragedy alright. Condolences, Sir. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Turbinefancy Great video. Love seeing the squad flights!!
                                Glad you liked it! Here are some more dusk flights from my wingman and me in Tomcat and Shooting Star. Enjoy your weekend!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

I have the Flightline Corsair in the queue, but can't seem to get the Freewing Twin 80mm Tom Cat outta my head. Hugh, what would you do? Best to you and yours this Holiday Season, Steve
                                  OOOOH, the Tom Cat is such a sexy beast, so many great liveries, I too often gravitate towards that one, but haven't jumped into the pool yet. A good flying buddy has had one for several years (he did the "Jolly Rogers" livery) and that is definitely one of his favorites, if not the top candidate, and always gets tons of attention with it at the field and at all the shows. It is a bit tricky setting it up to fly well with swept wings and all, and that's probably one I would have him help setup and maiden.

But if I were you, I'd get that Corsair on the operating table first. This one is just such a pleasure to fly and it truly is, IMO, the icon of WWII, a profile that is unmistakable. The FL Corsair (unlike the new FMS one) is powered perfectly for this airframe, allowing me over 8 minutes of acrobatic flying on a 5000 mAh, cruises at 50% throttle and has unlimited vertical, only needing full throttle on high speed passes and going vertical, not even on take-off. And this one is a decent size (although bigger is always better). And for you, some great modification opportunities. Cockpit, pilot (I put the warbirds pilot with moving head in), redesigned cowl flaps, sound system if you're so inclined (I put it in and even the gas warbird pilots get a "kick" out of it) and not to mention liveries that wet the appetite, and of course, several of your "over the top" modifications that the rest of us can just remain speechless over. But that's just my thoughts, whatever comes next from you will, as usual, stimulate the senses.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman, I like the way you think. I put the ARF Plus Freewing F-14 on my Santa Wish List this morning. Once the Hornet gets her last matte finish coat and maybe even a Check Ride (weather permitting) I will bring the Corsair in from the cold. I'm thinking fewer 'mad mods' than the F-18, but functional cowl flaps are on the menu even if I need to call in the tiny mechanics again. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Hugh Wiedman, I like the way you think. I put the ARF Plus Freewing F-14 on my Santa Wish List this morning. Once the Hornet gets her last matte finish coat and maybe even a Check Ride (weather permitting) I will bring the Corsair in from the cold. I'm thinking fewer 'mad mods' than the F-18, but functional cowl flaps are on the menu even if I need to call in the tiny mechanics again. Best, LB
                                      Seeing that you just finished a modern era fighter jet, makes sense to switch gears and do a WWII prop plane. Kinda like pitching, you can't keep throwing the fastball, need to mix it up with a curve, slider and the occasional spit ball, my personal favorite.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• It was a EDF day at the field!
                                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I am getting to like the looks of the Avanti S.

At first I wasn't keen on the tiny fin. It looks like there should be two at that size, but I guess then it would be a Scorpion!

Comment

Working...
                                          X