Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got out again today and got 20 flights on 5 of my aircraft, beautiful weather as well. We've been very lucky flying here as our field has stayed open since June 1st after only closing for 45 days. We have over 450 members, although during the week like today only 3-4 show up so we all pretty much have the skies and field to ourselves. I feel for those of you who are locked down and unable to fly, but so far none of our members has contracted the virus. I guess they think we're all older than 2 (except me of course) and can figure out how to keep safe. Just can't keep the Spitfire, Corsair and A-10 home, they sneak into the truck every time I decide to head out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210106_113911.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	293331Click image for larger version

Name:	20210106_113845.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	293332
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Didn't fly today but I did fly my Roban 800 size OH-6 and Magnum PI over the holidays, sorry about the not so good video on the Magnum PI, need to get a hat cam or something better, if your picky about good videos, better not watch mine.

Comment

• Comment

• I just got homme from flying my 2.1m Cessna 150 in the dark with no extra lights other then what came on it. I get a lot of people stopping by all the time to watch. They just can not believe how nice it flies in the dark and it does look like it is a full scale coming in for a landing at the Fair Ground LOL!!! just watch a video I did with my Go Pro put it does not work well in the dark. In the last week I have been getting acquainted with my new IX20 Spektrum Transmitter, So far I have taken all the planes I have in my two DX8 G2's and imported all into my new IX 20 thats just 23 of the planes I have took me most of one day just to rebind and check all LOL!!! happy New Year to ya all. PS my brother tried to get a few photo's in the dark, but they did not turn out either. but here is a photo of one of my Cessna 150's the other I leave the floats on all year. I fly it off the lakes during Spring and summer and off the snow in the winter. So far this winter all we are getting are High winds 25 to 40 and gust to 60

Name:	01ed5b7435bdfdc3423c30a66747f671f6a3160398_00001.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	293338

Name:	150S.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	293337

Comment

• Got 4 aircraft out today and flew about 20 sorties. Great way to get your mind off the craziness going on. Flew my A-10, F-16, Avanti and the 62" MXS Heavy Metal. Winter down here usually has great temps but the wind is almost always much stronger and usually is a crosswind. Today the wind was calm to maximum 5 mph, so it was unusually nice, although very overcast which made visibility a bit tough. Need to get out more!! As I'm sure we all do.

Name:	20210112_140054.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	294296Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_140106.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	294297
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh your planes r always well presented

Comment

• My older brother and I went out yesterday and did some flying. I flew my T-33 and my 2.1m Cessna 150. I love doing main wheel touch and go's with the 150 with out the nose gear touching down and greasing the main wheels. Then I made the first flight's on a couple planes for my brother, First was his new E-fight Cirrus R22 1.5m he had ready then I test flew his T-34 Mentor which is an older Arf which I set up on one of his DX 8 Gen. 2 trans. and imported into my new IX 20 so I can dial it in then setup the AS3X and safe with my IX 20, The t-34 has a new AR637T receiver installed. We had a blast flying all day later I went home and loaded up my new V-1200. We have got it on Radar at 147 with the stock prop Love how this one flies. This plane reminds of the Q 40's I have flown. I need to order the APC 10X12 prop to get it up to over 160 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtnDhH6UyM0

Comment

• My brother and I went out again today. I took my T-33. and my brother had his Aero Scott and his Hobby Zone Mini Apprentice. Here is a video of him doing touch and go's. There is one where he tipped the plane, which was the worsted He has made in a long time. when I solo my Students most can land like Experts. My brother has yet to break any props on any of the 4 trainers he has been flying for over 1 1/2 years The Aero Scott he has been flying for a year and a half now has 140 hours flying time on it. His two FMS Rangers have over 30 hrs. each. and the Apprentice has about 20 Hrs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enABKa9U--I

Comment

• I finally got around to uploading another video I did yesterday with my FreeWing T-33 Shooting Star. This EDF is a very comfortable EDF to fly. In the Video coming in to landing I clipped the top of a tree, or it was the thrust from the EDF that wiggled the tree top LOL!!! I still need to get this one dialed in. I have yet to set up dual rates or Expo, I have just been flying it on the recommended High rate throws LOL!!! I just imported it into my new IX20 and set up dual rates and expo's I may like. Now if the high wind we are having since last night, today and tomorrow will ever die down I can go check it out. Our Winds Have been 35 to 50 and gust over 70 and will continue all day tomorrow Yet, these high winds Sucks
                    Short flight to drain battery to storage Voltage

Comment

• Was lucky and got out again today, nice and sunny, cool (for S Florida anyway) and lite winds. Sure glad we're not completely shut down like some places, I sure feel for those that are stuck in the house. Definitely relieves some stress so we all need a bit more flying. Anyway, was able to get 5 flights in on each of my F-16, F-4, Stinger 90 and the Extreme Flight 60" Edge Demonstrator. Have a feeling I'll sleep good tonight.

Name:	20210115_112938.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	294689Click image for larger version

Name:	20210115_112919.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	294690
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Name:	FMS DHC2 Beaver 2000 (3).JPG
Views:	647
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	288892 Very impressive Hugh! I know you don't have snow; so I guess the Southerners do it up with big lighting. That's just a real knock out display! BTW: I was shoveling snow and switching over to snow tires today. Still fairly mild in T.O., but we'll get walloped soon. Merry Christmas to ya. I'll be flying the RCAF FMS Beaver in the snow soon...
                        SWEET!!! Just finished my FMS DHC 2 Beaver v.2. It's perfect except I'd like to find a rounded "Domed" spinner or large domed prop nut that would make it even more scale. Do you know where I can get one for a 2-blade set up? Like this..... The one that came with it is too small for scale and looks aftermarket cheezie. Thanks if you can help! Grover54

Name:	DHC2 Spinner.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	294755
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

SWEET!!! Just finished my FMS DHC 2 Beaver v.2. It's perfect except I'd like to find a rounded "Domed" spinner or large domed prop nut that would make it even more scale. Do you know where I can get one for a 2-blade set up? Like this..... The one that came with it is too small for scale and looks aftermarket cheezie. Thanks if you can help! Grover54

Name:	DHC2 Spinner.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	294755
                          Hello Grover 54.
                          As you can see, I just used a solid aluminum prop nut. I'm using a 3-blade, so it works good for me. I agree that the 2-blade spinner included doesn't look as good as a domed one. Tru-Turn products have several 2-blade spinners for gas and electric. I've been considering buying something there for a couple other planes. Other than that, I haven't seen the scale domed shape. It's special. Enjoy your DHC2! Flies great and lands on water like a kitten...

Comment

• Thanks AH! One of my buddies in my club just told me he'll 3D one for me! That may be the ticket. I've looked at Tru-Turn products before and they are great quality stuff but a bit pricy for a custom domed spinner. Thanks for your suggestion! Grover54

Comment

• Nice Job on your Beaver floats. I hope I can get this set of floats Glassed before the snow gets here. We got about 1/2" tonight, but by tomorrow late it will be gone. For this time of the year we usually have more snow. This winter so far we have had very little here in the Black Hills of S. D. The photo on the right was last year about this same time. All the sorties I made in the snow really did a job on the bottom of the floats, even though I used clear 3M packing tape on the bottom. I have one C 150 on wheels and one with floats that I fly off the lakes and snow. I am lazy, this way I do not have to swap out wheels for floats, LOL!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	150 floats.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	294837Click image for larger version  Name:	S150.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.0 KB ID:	294838

Comment

• Enjoyed a cool but otherwise great morning for flying, and played around with low FPV flying along "the Track" in the desert across from our flying field. The plane is the Flite Test Simple Scout, and from taxi out to landing, was entirely on FPV.

I also flew two flights on the FT Tiny Trainer, and one flight each on the eFlite Nano S2 heli, Freewing Stinger, FT Explorer, FT Storch, FT Versawing, and FT Bushwacker.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Hello Grover 54.
                                  As you can see, I just used a solid aluminum prop nut. I'm using a 3-blade, so it works good for me. I agree that the 2-blade spinner included doesn't look as good as a domed one. Tru-Turn products have several 2-blade spinners for gas and electric. I've been considering buying something there for a couple other planes. Other than that, I haven't seen the scale domed shape. It's special. Enjoy your DHC2! Flies great and lands on water like a kitten...
                                  Hi Air Head..... one more question. The standard IP that comes in this bird is much better than most but I'd really like to get a STL file for a 3D IP. Any ideas where / who has a file or can print one for me? I've looked everywhere and found nothing. If I can find one, Callie Graphics will make a decal back for it. She's done some custom stuff for me before and it's great. She did the F4U corsair 3D IP and decal for me and is now offering that on her website. It'll show you her work is great! Let me now, Thanks Grover54

Comment

• The F-14, rewards avery time!

Comment

•  

Comment

• PZ, I like it. "Just walkin' my baby back home." Or at least to the airfield. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Most people walk dogs on a leash. You're walking a Tomcat.

Comment

Working...
                                          X