Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Manfred! I think it turned out well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      Some out of doors shots after completing the repaint. I will be flying her at the TIA Fall Fly-in this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_3445.png
Views:	779
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	157154

Name:	Image_5839.png
Views:	754
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	157155

Name:	Image_5756.png
Views:	806
Size:	323.8 KB
ID:	157156

Name:	Image_356.png
Views:	776
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	157157

Name:	Image_3523.png
Views:	761
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	157158

Name:	Image_5714.png
Views:	753
Size:	248.0 KB
ID:	157159
      :Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling::Drooling: :Drooling::Drooling:

Incredible job Steve! I am super jealous!

Comment

• Just came back from 2 more flights of my L-39. Went to turn on my little hat cam and the battery was dead, so no video. :Angry:
        These were 2 "textbook" flights. Perfect take off, perfect flight both high speed and very slow speed with full flaps. It just lumbered past pretty as you please. Both landings were perfect even on that rough surface. Those trailing links soaked up the bumps as if I was landing on pavement. Now, comparing this to my Avanti S, I think the L-39 is even easier to fly, a little faster with the 9-blade fan/motor from the A-10. Keep in mind that the Avanti S is already a very fine airplane in its own right.

Comment

• Great paint job Steve!

Comment

• Six more flights (5 through 10) on the L-39 today. It was breezy, but it was right down the runway so no problem. I'm really starting to dig this plane, and I'm glad I decided to make the purchase. It's nice and stable, lands like a breeze, and can perform some pretty nice aerobatics. Knife edges are almost effortless. The only plane I have that's easier to KF is the FlexJet with the Aura8 stabilizer.
            Pat

Comment

• I did the maiden and check flights, but had no one with me for pics or video, so I got a few on the ground.... I need a camo version, but for now this works just fine. It is kind of "pretty" in its own way.... Flies great though!!!

Comment

• Awesome report! Now i want one LOL

Comment

• L39 flight in fog https://youtu.be/0FGzFerUV5w

Comment

• TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Man she really likes to float in. Like she was begging to keep flying! Very nice, and i really love that paint, well done as always!:Cool:

Comment

• Looks good in the air and flies just like an L-39. :Cool: .
                        My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Does anyone know when the 3d PUPs will be available for the L-39?

I now have an airbrush (and a scheme) and I want to get started. But I would like to do the cockpit at the same time the bird is painted.
                          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Do you mean the STL files? If so, they're available in one of my previous posts. I can reattach later (not at my computer at the moment). If you mean the factory printed 3DPUPs, I'll have to check on that tomorrow.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• The factory parts Alpha. I don't have a printer yet. Thanks!

I hope to get something like an A8 next year.
                              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• I've had my L-39 for a month now and we finally had weather good enough for a maiden flight. I put five flights on the plane tonight, it didn't need much elevator or aileron trim. Just a few clicks of each.

The assembly was was fast and easy, these planes from Motion RC are getting easier and easier to assemble with each new release.

The first landing in the video was a bit fast, the second landing flat virtually no flare and the third and last landing was pretty darn good.

People have compared this plane's flight characteristics to the Avanti, I would agree with that. My Avanti is now for sale. :)

I flew the five flights with Admiral 6S 5000mAh batteries. The flights were at about half throttle and I landed after 3.5 minutes. I have the older shorter Admiral batteries and the newer longer one, I put them both at the rear of the battery tray for the flights and I like the C.G. there. I have not measured the C.G. but it is really close to what the manual says and it's where Stuart from Motion RC Europe flew his.

On the subsequent flights tonight I practiced slow flight, with plane dirty (gear and full flaps out) and a touch of power I had this plane a lot slower that I thought possible, I was pleasantly surprised at the low speed handing characteristics.

I settled on the following rates with 30% expo.

Flaps per the manual, NO elevator mix needed.
                                Elevator is the manuals mid rate.
                                Aileron is 10% lower than the low rate.
                                Rudder is the manuals low rate.

I like these settings so far and don't plan on changing them for this flying season.

This plane gets two thumbs up from me!

Comment

• I got my L-39 with the inrunner motor last week. 10 nice flights so far and a tad faster and better vertical performance compared to the Avanti on the 12b outrunner setup at about the same Amp consumption. I added the 3DP nose gear brace (thingiverse, thanks to "betsmums") and the RX tray (thanks to Rcfiddy1, #616). In addition, I added the scale white tail light and the red beacon. Both were scavenged from a FW Avanti S and just plugged into the blue box.
                                  Many thanks to MRC for the free STL files!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Beautiful repaint! and nice flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post

Beautiful repaint! and nice flight.
                                      Thanks Tom! It sure looks good in the air although in the video I did not get too crazy with it. Hard to do when you have a quad chasing you. Sudden maneuvers can lead to bad results. ;)

Comment

• Flying the Environment. Scale flying https://youtu.be/2sltM62Q29U

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                          Finally installing the cockpit.
                                          Where are the files available? Can’t seem to find them!? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X