Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
    The attached pictures of the above post disappeared somehow.:Confused:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	193804
    Click image for larger version Name:	mdd_f_a-18_hornet_walkaround_162901_aggressor_midway_2010_23.jpg Views:	3 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	193805
    Sign me up for a set of those! They look great

Comment

• +1 on the hubcaps! :Cool:​​​​​​

Comment

• Ooops, what a major oversight! :Scared:
        Here is the revised design. Btw, the rectangular plates between some of the outer bolts appear to be not standard. I've looked at some pics and there are none of these.
        HUD parts are prepared as well.

@ Steve (RCjetdude): I assume you will be getting your hands on your F-18 sooner than me (ETA late June over here). Would you volunteer as tester for the hub caps?

Click image for larger version  Name:	F-18 Hub Cap Design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	193896

Click image for larger version  Name:	F-18 HUD Design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	193897

Comment

What do you guys think about hub caps for the main wheels? :Thinking:
          RG, Will you posting your STL files or possibly selling those? I would be very interested in printing these either way. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

The attached pictures of the above post disappeared somehow.:Confused:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	193804
            Click image for larger version Name:	mdd_f_a-18_hornet_walkaround_162901_aggressor_midway_2010_23.jpg Views:	3 Size:	75.6 KB ID:	193805
            Well shoot, after looking at the real wheels you posted, I drilled to many holes in mine, these are 90mm F-16 mains, I drilled 8 holes instead of 6. They will have to do for now. :Sweating::)

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

RG, Will you posting your STL files or possibly selling those? I would be very interested in printing these either way. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
              LB, I will post the files here on HS. But before, I want to make sure that the parts do really fit, since the cockpit parts (there is a panel as well, see post #67) were designed for the Starmax F-18 and I think that they need to be scaled up a bit.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Well shoot, after looking at the real wheels you posted, I drilled to many holes in mine, these are 90mm F-16 mains, I drilled 8 holes instead of 6.:P:)
                ​​​
                Well, keep ‘em spinning and no one will notice;)

Comment

Well, keep ‘em spinning and no one will notice;)
                  Yeah your right, no one will notice as long as I keep it rolling.LOL

Comment

LB, I will post the files here on HS. But before, I want to make sure that the parts do really fit, since the cockpit parts (there is a panel as well, see post #67) were designed for the Starmax F-18 and I think that they need to be scaled up a bit.Frank
                    FG, You've just made my day. :) I thank you, sir. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Will my front panel design fit? ;)Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel.jpg
Views:	3145
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	186403
                      RG, Too Cool for School. I like it. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Ooops, what a major oversight! :Scared:
                        Here is the revised design. Btw, the rectangular plates between some of the outer bolts appear to be not standard. I've looked at some pics and there are none of these.
                        HUD parts are prepared as well.

@ Steve (RCjetdude): I assume you will be getting your hands on your F-18 sooner than me (ETA late June over here). Would you volunteer as tester for the hub caps?

Click image for larger version Name:	F-18 Hub Cap Design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	193896

Click image for larger version Name:	F-18 HUD Design.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	193897
                        Hey Radar, I'm 3-4 hours from Steve. I'll be willing to test them out. If I can be of help please shoot me a pm.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• OK guys, here is the file for the hub cap. I used 0,15mm layer height, 20% infill and supports. I assume, that the F-18 will come with the same wheels as the F-22 90mm. I think, those were originally designed as nose wheels for the A-10 80mm, 4mm axle. The wheel needs a bit of surgery. On one side you need to grind off some material from the center (see pic blw). As the wheel I used came without bushing I inserted some 5mm OD brass tubing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2907.jpg
Views:	1414
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	194008

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanguy51 View Post
                            Very nice Aros...i love them but for my f14 i would like to convert to top gun scheme
                            Oh hey - that's MY Freewing F-14 :)

PS - *this* close to clicking that pre-order button!!

Comment

• Cqoo

cool andrew...do you have some photo ? Have you got the scheme on caliegraphics ?
                              thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanguy51 View Post
                                Cqoo

cool andrew...do you have some photo ? Have you got the scheme on caliegraphics ?
                                thanks
                                I've got all kinds of photos of it! And yup - got mine from Callie. 1/13 scale.

Comment

• Howdy Andrew!!! Have a great weekend Bro!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew_flyguy View Post

I've got all kinds of photos of it! And yup - got mine from Callie. 1/13 scale.
                                    It isn't a 1/12 like in motion rc original scheme ?

Comment

• We have this model listed as 1/11 scale...

And is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet??? :)
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I found two pics that closely match the same stance the picture is taken at to help compare the full sized F-18 Blue Angels to this Freewing 1/11 scaled F-18C model. I put them as a collage for easy comparison. It's darn good:Cool:. Of course there are going to be some details likely for cost factors, etc. that were omitted, but that's expected. I think Freewing and Motion RC did a great job.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190509_081220.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.5 KB ID:	194955

Comment

• The gear is a dead giveaway otherwise at first glance I would struggle to know which is which! :Cool:
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X