Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InTheTubeDeep To be clear, as long as you are posting videos at the beach location, public or private matters not, permission or not doesn't matter, I am considering that location to be unsafe and you know why it unsafe, the general public uses the same air/ground space, there are no secure areas for pedestrians to go while you are flying. I am not criticizing your skill set; I am dubious of your choice of flying field. I cannot in good conscience condone flying in an unsafe area. By allowing you to post videos here without reprisal is the same as condoning your behavior. You have an option not to post videos, you have content enough to simply post to a personal ewetoob channel, just not here. Respectfully, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Jeezus I thought MotionRC thread was not like RCG, snowflakes walking on eggshells! Unreal, who gave you the power to pull my video off??

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        InTheTubeDeep To be clear, as long as you are posting videos at the beach location, public or private matters not, permission or not doesn't matter, I am considering that location to be unsafe and you know why it unsafe, the general public uses the same air/ground space, there are no secure areas for pedestrians to go while you are flying. I am not criticizing your skill set; I am dubious of your choice of flying field. I cannot in good conscience condone flying in an unsafe area. By allowing you to post videos here without reprisal is the same as condoning your behavior. You have an option not to post videos, you have content enough to simply post to a personal ewetoob channel, just not here. Respectfully, LB

Today, 09:35 PM
        Jeezus I thought MotionRC thread was not like RCG, snowflakes walking on eggshells! Unreal, who gave you the authority to unilaterally pull my videos off because you have an opinion that differs with a vast majority of RC pilots??? Even RCG never pulled a video based on flying location or incursions in my runway!! LB you have surpassed RCG in this pretty outrageous- and btw it shouldn't matter one iota whether you consider the beach an unsafe area to fly, please repost my video thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	GBA TN.png Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	349607

Comment

• On Independence Day.... LB, while I am, and have always been, critical of both his choice of flying site and the content of his videos, and to an extent his attitude in his posts, you and I served our country so that we can have the liberty and rights we have. I understand that this site and others are privately owned but I disagree with removing his videos, at least for the reason you stated.

If the mods are going to do that where would it stop? Videos showing flying non park flyers in parks, flying behind the flight line at clubs, people flying FPV without spotters?

Comment

• Reference the below which covers public land use and use common sense. That’s it in a nutshell.

https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...things-to-know

-GG

Comment

• When it comes to freedom and moderating, I hold an opinion but I know you guys will work it out. I see Evan's point and agree. How do you choose where to moderate or not.

And then there's consensus of opinion. So here's mine.

Flying EDFs that size on a public heavily used beach SUCKS for many reasons. As a long time rc enthusiast, I see what he's doing as a great disservice to rc flying, all while trying to gain likes and hits to promote his channel. It's not a contribution to rc flying. It's dangerous, it's a nuisance, it's just not the right venue.
              Calling someone a snowflake instead of having a logical discussion and using brain power, that's child like. Find an rc flying field, make some other videos, I might like them , I might subscribe. Keep flying on the beach and I will forever hate what you are doing and representing. But this is just my opinion and you can call names and disregard. Or you can be an adult and realize what you're doing is self serving, dangerous, and actually hurting rc flying. I'm not asking for a name calling debate, I'm hoping that you see reason and consider this perspective. And maybe seek out new venues to fly, film, and post all over the internet. Be an ambassador, at the very least a responsible rc pilot.

6s planes, edf or prop, don't belong on a populated beach, or populated sports field. Names, anger, personal affront, it doesn't make it right.

Comment

• InTheTubeDeep and Evan D firstly,it is not about censorship, and it is not about the flying site. it is about promoting unsafe flying. Who am I to make that judgement? I am a member of this forum community, I am an AMA member in good standing, and my community has lost a flying site due to unsafe flying practices. I want to continue to promote this hobby in such a way that we continue to have this hobby. If you haven't noticed we as RC pilots are being watched by the FAA. It seems they want to lump us in with drone pilots and make blanket rules to that limit both. Fixed wing still has a good safety record. That makes a difference to distinguish the two. Can you honestly say you will never have an accident? I fly only when and where I am in complete control of the flight.That is a requirement. You are asking me to promote unsafe flying. It matters not that you say this is a private beach area. What matters is there are people in your line of flight and there seems to be little regard for their well-being. Snowflake my eye, sir. Do you think your personal fun meter is more important than others' safety? Allowing your videos to be posted here says I condone this behavior. I do not. There are other places for ITTD to post vids. This is a safety issue no more, no less. ITTD, you have good skills, man, use those for good and fly responsibly. Respectfully, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, I agree with your post above and I've been flying for 55 years now and seldomly in a place other than a designated RC field. My post was not about that but about the removal of content. I understand your stance and that you do not condone his behavior (I agree 100%). That was not the point of my post. I also understand this is a privately owned/ monitored forum.

Comment

• Elbee
                    Elbee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, and I should have made my introduction clearer. I am a volunteer moderator with no power other than to instruct others of the policies and procedures of this forum. That privilege can be taken away by others at any time. My only tool is my judgement about how I perceive those policies.

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  On Independence Day.... LB, while I am, and have always been, critical of both his choice of flying site and the content of his videos, and to an extent his attitude in his posts, you and I served our country so that we can have the liberty and rights we have. I understand that this site and others are privately owned but I disagree with removing his videos, at least for the reason you stated.

If the mods are going to do that where would it stop? Videos showing flying non park flyers in parks, flying behind the flight line at clubs, people flying FPV without spotters?
                  I respect Evan and his opinion, and thank you for your service- of course I disagree and as an American thats how it should be- this today is NOT my America where one man seems to dictate from his bully pulpit what others may see and hear, this is so un American and contrary to everything American I cannot believe others do not raise their voices to this censorship dictated by LB who as far as I see is not even a Moderator, Asor AFAIK is.

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                  Reference the below which covers public land use and use common sense. That’s it in a nutshell.

https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...things-to-know

-GG
                  Good post ;)

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                  When it comes to freedom and moderating, I hold an opinion but I know you guys will work it out. I see Evan's point and agree. How do you choose where to moderate or not.

And then there's consensus of opinion. So here's mine.

Flying EDFs that size on a public heavily used beach SUCKS for many reasons. As a long time rc enthusiast, I see what he's doing as a great disservice to rc flying, all while trying to gain likes and hits to promote his channel. It's not a contribution to rc flying. It's dangerous, it's a nuisance, it's just not the right venue.
                  Calling someone a snowflake instead of having a logical discussion and using brain power, that's child like. Find an rc flying field, make some other videos, I might like them , I might subscribe. Keep flying on the beach and I will forever hate what you are doing and representing. But this is just my opinion and you can call names and disregard. Or you can be an adult and realize what you're doing is self serving, dangerous, and actually hurting rc flying. I'm not asking for a name calling debate, I'm hoping that you see reason and consider this perspective. And maybe seek out new venues to fly, film, and post all over the internet. Be an ambassador, at the very least a responsible rc pilot.

6s planes, edf or prop, don't belong on a populated beach, or populated sports field. Names, anger, personal affront, it doesn't make it right.

Wow such hatred is so unhealthy!! Misguided pathological altruism at its worst!- hurting RC? AYFKM?? I represent the BEST of RC!! I am the World's Greatest RC Ambassador of Goodwill!!!! I chat with 100s of beachgoers every week, 99.9% are amazed and in awe of my Jets, my Su30 Alenka, my Flying Toaster Blue Angel FA18, my MiG17 Avios Albatross GT Tundra to name a few. If someone knows another RC pilot that interacts with the public as I do please show me proof....I'm waiting

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                  InTheTubeDeep and Evan D firstly,it is not about censorship, and it is not about the flying site. it is about promoting unsafe flying. Who am I to make that judgement? I am a member of this forum community, I am an AMA member in good standing, and my community has lost a flying site due to unsafe flying practices. I want to continue to promote this hobby in such a way that we continue to have this hobby. If you haven't noticed we as RC pilots are being watched by the FAA. It seems they want to lump us in with drone pilots and make blanket rules to that limit both. Fixed wing still has a good safety record. That makes a difference to distinguish the two. Can you honestly say you will never have an accident? I fly only when and where I am in complete control of the flight.That is a requirement. You are asking me to promote unsafe flying. It matters not that you say this is a private beach area. What matters is there are people in your line of flight and there seems to be little regard for their well-being. Snowflake my eye, sir. Do you think your personal fun meter is more important than others' safety? Allowing your videos to be posted here says I condone this behavior. I do not. There are other places for ITTD to post vids. This is a safety issue no more, no less. ITTD, you have good skills, man, use those for good and fly responsibly. Respectfully, LB
                  Respect LB? You should respect my opinion, my flying and my location of choice, it really is none of your business to unilaterally remove my videos on a WOKE Social Justice warrior whim! Of course its about censorship you clearly stated that by removing my video on hollow premise because you have an altruistic opinion you forced down every one else's throat! I went to the beach again this morning, luckily there was no active shooter there pumping bullets into the beachgoers- maybe a crude example but an effective one to point out you worry about safety? How many innocent people were shot this weekend minding their own business? Safety.... how many humans were on the beach in my videos?? 1? 2? 3? maybe 4?!!!!??? the bloody beach is EMPTY!!!!!! I've flown in much more crowded conditions, probably one Evan has given my grief over! Why you think I usually fly early morning 6:00am -7:00am? its uncrowded- you are so over your head trying to justify your pathological altruistic attitude!! I minimize risk flying mostly over ocean, try not to fly directly over beachgoers, not always successful but it is what it is. I've been flying there since 2009 thats 13 years so far and counting, 2700+ beach flights that speaks for itself.

Can you honestly say you will never have an accident? What kind of nonsense is this!? can you say you will never have an accident or fly into your pitt area? or run over an old lady in a crosswalk? Hmmm maybe you shouldn't drive anymore LB? Maybe you should sit inside the safety of your home 24/7 to avoid any potential risks? If you go outside you could get MonkeyPox, or COVID, even though you are probably 2x vaxed and boosted! ohhh not only contract COVID but also spread it maybe you should do something about the fake 'vaccines' that do not protect people or prevent transmission of COVID? But wait! Anthony Fauci 2x vaxed 2x boosted got COVID a 3rd time on June 14, he then took Paxlovid, CNN dummy interviews a doctor, asked if we should be worried that 2x vaxed 2x boosted Fauci has COVID a 3rd time!? the reply!?? "No Jake, this is proof the vaccines are working and doing what they're designed to do- keep people out of the hospital" !! Then Fauci gets COVID 10 days later 4th time!! he got it worse, not a peep, but God forbid someone questioned the vaccines, its a Bozo No No!!! In a normal world anyone with half a brain would see the lies we being force fed on vaccines but, But ohhh no, because of attitudes like yours Americans cannot voice their opinions that the vaccines do not work, do not protect the vaccinated do not prevent transmission and now even make you more susceptible to being infected!- you're considered a CT nutjob censored banned silenced, if you speak out!! Same on US giving Kiev $B's in weapons to fight proxy war with Russia and possibly a direct war, if you question it you are a traitor to the official US narrative, that Ukraine is a democracy we the US and our vassals in EU must sacrifice our livelihoods and future to support another neocon regime change war!! LB Your attitude is whats wrong with present day America, our brave military personnel didn't go to far off lands and sacrifice their lives and limbs for censorship, they did it to preserve our freedoms, which people like you are trying to extinguish!

I'm not asking you to promote unsafe flying, I'm not asking you for anything! You felt the need to interject yourself into a supposedly fun site for RC, I do my part, I fly, I fly safely, I make videos, Ohh and BTW, I do not give a rats a$$ about clicks, views etc I am not monetized so I make ZERO $, nothing, I do this for love of aviation / flying period, just to clear that false accusation! and as I say I am truly the Worlds Greatest RC Ambassador of Goodwill!! I cannot count how many have asked what to do to get into RC flying, I can bet my last $ through my numerous encounters have added many pilots to the ranks simply by chatting them up and feeding their curiosity and amazement of seeing my EDF jets flying over the beach!!

'Allowing your videos to be posted here says I condone this behavior. I do not.' Since when were you granted such authority to make this decision? Seriously I cannot believe I'm wasting my time even responding to this rubbish, I thought RCG was childish banning the word FACEBOOK!! I was told Hobbysquawk was way chill! Oh man were they wrong it turns out Hobbysquawk has guys like you - censoring media not consistent with your world view which is absolutely anti American- shame shame shame!!!!

ITTD is the World's Greatest RC Ambassador of Goodwill!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 9.58.53 AM.png
Views:	443
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	349680Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.56.26 AM.png
Views:	373
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	349681Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.05.05 AM.png
Views:	370
Size:	536.7 KB
ID:	349682Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.57.29 AM.png
Views:	376
Size:	690.4 KB
ID:	349683Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.56.55 AM.png
Views:	372
Size:	698.1 KB
ID:	349684Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.29.13 AM.png
Views:	372
Size:	674.6 KB
ID:	349685Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.36.54 AM.png
Views:	374
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	349686Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.54.04 AM.png
Size:	827.1 KB
ID:	349687Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.35.24 AM.png
Views:	368
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	349688Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.02.09 AM.png
Views:	370
Size:	1,014.8 KB
ID:	349689Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.03.57 AM.png
Views:	371
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	349690Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.38.11 AM.png
Views:	377
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	349691Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.27.30 AM.png
Views:	376
Size:	906.7 KB
ID:	349692Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.09.08 AM.png
Size:	981.7 KB
ID:	349693Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.09.08 AM.png
Views:	375
Size:	981.7 KB
ID:	349699Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.31.17 AM.png
Views:	381
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	349695
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ITTB, you seem to be taking this personally. Read: "I have absolutely no issues with your choice of where, what, or when to fly. It is of no consequence to me." You have a genuine opportunity to show others why this hobby is so great and sadly, you don't. This isn't about your rights, it's about all our rights. Every RC pilot, every pedestrian, every kid with a dog that watches you fly. Your videos show me you are saying it is okay to fly where you want, around others, around buildings, around others property with total disregard for any of it. I do not see that as helpful to the cause or in any way promoting our hobby. The point is not about your video either, it is simply you fly over and around others without their permission, without their knowledge and believe your skill set will keep them safe from a mechanical failure. Are you willing to except that responsibility? Is the tennis club property owner willing to except that responsibility? Flying around others is a heavy responsibility, period, even in a controlled flying site. I do not believe you take that responsibility seriously enough. I will not promote your irresponsible behavior by showing you being irresponsible. It is that simple. Respectfully, Steve Thomas (Elbee, LB)

If you have the need to continue this conversation, I would like to take it to the lounge forum.

It is out of place here and frankly disrespectful of those who are here for information about their Hornets.

Open/Start a thread there and I will find it.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Exactly- and yes you made it personal by overstepping your role as a moderator and removing my video because you felt its unsafe- can you please show me the code you follow that allowed you to remove my video?? Did I fly right over a beachgoers head? not that I can see, did I fly in unsafe manner? not IMO, did RCG ever remove my videos due to a Mod feeling its unsafe!? No! Did YT ever remove a vid? No! But you did. I came here to post FA18 90mm FW videos, post on the plane, not to be hounded by your censorship abuse! Yes the hotel is ok with me flying here, yes UC Regents granted me flying privileges at SIO, I do not fly at the public beach in the middle although I could push the limits and see what happens! Again, you have no right to remove my videos I abide by all terms of flying and have for 13 years. Maybe you could follow old_coastie or Tahoed's line of attack- call UCSD complain about my reckless flying on the beach? or local FAA, call the police, the Town Council, the Hotel and the City Admin? Yes they did that and what went down? NOTHING!!!!! UCSD Police legal team and Airspace Admin reviewed my YT videos Tahoed sent them, the result? "We see nothing wrong with his flying here in fact we enjoyed his videos" or the nothing burger old_coastie got from his vain attempt to put an end to my reckless flying! they all said sorry he's not violating any local ordinances laws or regulations sorry!

We live in a world of risks, I accept the risk involved every-time I fly on the beach, drive my car, mountain bike, surf, swim, to take your position on this IMO is just absurd and a symptom of the greater ill being wrought on America by people subverting free speech free thought free expression - You are not an arbiter of what passes for safe vs unsafe flying venues your job is to remove posts that contain objectionable material like pornography, violent content, or objectional images or wording, NOT to make a personal judgment on what constitutes unsafe flying.

Name:	BeachRUle.JPG
Views:	386
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	349713

Comment

• ITTD, As stated take this to the Lounge. Open a thread, call it what you wish, I will find it, and we can do this all day. Copy this post, delete it here, paste it there, and let's start with that. Best, Steve
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• InTheTubeDeep , I started a thread for you in the Lounge Forum. It is Titled ITTD Posts. I will respond to posts there. Any further posts with regard to our current line of discussion will be deleted from the Official F-18C forum. I encourage others to join the Lounge Forum "ITTD Posts" if they have input with regard to this topic.

I, also, have a compromise proposal. I propose InTheTubeDeep start your own thread here at Hobby Squawk, name it whatever you shall name it. There you may post whatever defined 'allowable' videos you deem worthy of your moniker. I will watch these, I will do nothing as long as it is 'allowable' read non-pornographic, political, etcetera content.

Posts to any Official Thread with videos would be heavily monitored for content. Videos showing unsafe flying practices as defined by the laws of common sense, the AMA, and me will be deleted and I will take "complete and full responsibility" for that action. Disregard at your discretion.

This is the only thing I can do in good conscience. In this way the matter censorship does not distract newbies and others from finding more useful information from an Official Product Threads.

Those wanting to watch InTheTubeDeep videos will have that forum to do so.

​​​​​​​Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• InTheTubeDeep I am the Lead Administrator of Hobby Squawk. I want to start off by saying that I understand your passion and position. This is a slippery slope because as Elbee has made it clear, this is not about your right, it's about all of our rights. You indeed present an environment that the FAA could use as a specific example of why what we RC flyers do is unsafe. You can justify it to your heart's content, pontificate about the freedoms we have been gifted and so on. However, at the end of the day, like it or not, this is a privately ran forum community where the owner(s) and moderators have the right to do anything they feel is warranted and yes, that includes removing videos.

Now that may rub some the wrong way and I perfectly understand that. I am sensitive to other's rights and censorship. For instance, if you check my YouTube channel, you will find plenty of videos that Elbee may have felt the same way about me. I refuse to be a hypocrite and if my videos were removed for the same reason Elbee was coming from, like it or not, I would understand.

At the end of the day we have to put our egos aside (or digging your feet in regarding censorship) and find the value in where Elbee's really coming from. I have a video on my channel of my FMS 1700mm F4U Corsair blowing apart in mid-air. Looked legit like it was strafed by the Luftwaffe. It is by far the most viewed video I have ever had. Like nearly 50K views or something (my average is like 400). Now mind you, I was flying in an AMA-sanctioned RC club's field. Every spectator was behind the pilot area. We were all following protocol.

However, I just so happened to be friends with someone who had a close friend who worked for the FAA. Here's how the dialogue went (I paraphrase)...

Me: Man, you won't believe what happened! I was flying my Corsair out at the field and the prop blew apart! Destroyed the plane like a bomb hit it!

Friend: Dude, that was you?!? My buddy who works for the FAA told me about that. Said they were reviewing that video to see if the hobby is too unsafe. That the stuff coming over from China is unstable...

So even in a sanctioned field, doing nothing wrong as per the rules of the AMA, the FAA had enough visual evidence to consider what could have been a devastating blow to the hobby. Just from my one video alone.

So consider that context when Elbee is removing your video(s). It's not to puff out his chest to show his power. Hardly. He's a high character human being.

None of this is to tell you to stop doing what you are doing. But I side with Elbee that we do reserve the right to remove videos or content we deem can potentially be harmful to the community of the hobby in general. As he said, there are multiple social platforms out there for you to post your videos. You yourself said you don't monetize your videos so there's no loss of revenue occuring.

We genuinely hope you remain a member of Hobby Squawk, but for now we ask that you limit your videos to links to your YouTube page and not embedded in the body of your posts on this website.

There are many proud veterans in this community. Not all of them will agree with me and that is okay. As much as they fought for your freedom to post your videos on YouTube, they also fought for my right as a Lead Admin of a privately-owned forum community to delegate our rules and regulations as we see fit.

Happy, Safe Landings my friend.

Aros
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well gentlemen I reckon this subject has run its course and in the end I have to acknowledge this thread IS privately run, still seems highly dubious to selectively classify my beach flying as a threat to the hobby! IMO Drones represent almost 100% of what the regulations the FAA is imposing or trying to impose- and the fact that your buddy was told that speaks to the outrageous overreach of the FAA!`- I follow this closely due to fact the UCSD Admin who's my buddy now I attend the 'safety seminars'- the FAA is really only concerned with 2 things- terrorists using drones as weapons, and even more the commercial airspace- they have been bought by the power players google, Amazon and a few others that wish to own the airspace for future drone delivery and services. Any mention of RC airplanes is fluff to cover their true agenda. I will fly on...

Name:	IMG_9494-1.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	349765Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9492.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	349766Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9495-1.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	349767Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9493.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	349768

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                I finally got to fly my first flight on my Freewing F/A-18C by myself this morning, before the winds pick up. The first two flights were done by a friend of mine in the club. The first flight was a bit scary, I think it was due to my putting on some foam F-16 pylons under the wings that I can only think bent in the slipstream, and caused some real trim issues. The second flight he flew without any ordnance or pylons and it flew much better. Today's flight with me at the controls went pretty well. I'm glad I've been practicing with my A-4 and F-4. That seemed to help, as well as doing a warmup flight with my reliable T-33.

I added a Spektrum AR637T receiver in the plane after the first flight and that seemed to help some, too. I have a second cockpit using the super cool printed parts from Elbee, but for now use it as a static cockpit until I rearrange the fuselage innards to accommodate the extra space needed and CG changes. Also has a RC Geek simulated A/B lighting system, which looks pretty cool, I think.

I took a few pics after the flight. Stock build, stock set up and recommended settings by the manual and other Hobby Squawk folks. Did paint up the pilot a bit with helmet insignia used by VFA-146 Blue Diamonds.

Used a Admiral 5000 50C battery, about 3 1/2 minutes total flight time.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG-1103.jpgadjsuted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.7 KB ID:	345909Click image for larger version Name:	IMG-1104.jpgadjsuted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	345910Click image for larger version Name:	IMG-1102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	345911
                                I have 11 flights on my Freewing F/A-18C as of today. This was the first time that I traded out the lighter, stock cockpit with the super detailed Elbee printed cockpit design, which looks so much better, but is quite a bit heavier. I felt comfortable enough flying the jet to where I was now ready to fly it with the detailed cockpit. I did have to move the battery aft about 50mm to account for the extra cockpit weight so that the CG would end up in the same place on the wing, where it flies best for me.

Results were good. Flew almost identically to that using stock cockpit, and I think I'll now fly it with the detailed cockpit instead. I'll post a couple pics of the deluxe cockpit. Elbee really knocked it out of the park with this one, but then, what's new??😁😁😁

Cheers

davegee

Name:	IMG-0975.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	349785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0986.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	349786

Comment

• What's new indeed! Congrats on the successful sorties!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• davegee Aros ah shucks, fellas, thanks.... things were different, you'd done the same. Just happy, ya'll happy.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      davegee Aros ah shucks, fellas, thanks.... things were different, you'd done the same. Just happy, ya'll happy.
                                      Your diligent and skilled work is a real value and contribution to us scale modelers. You've shown the incredible leaps in scale that can be realized with foamie airplanes!

davegee

Comment

• Elbee, Aros- apologies for my rants- the fact that this is a privately run group was lost in the reactions to my beach flying- As for FAA looking at your F4U blowing up and wondering if the hobby is too unsafe has to be a joke right? He must've been messing with you- if not I gotta say its truly disturbing that the FAA has nothing better to do than that!! Such things drive me crazy- Bruce from RCModelReviews did a good piece on this as FAA's Remote ID was moving thru the process- he pointed out that the law says an Impact Assessment Study is required before any regulations are allowed to to be passed or enforced- yet the FAA has never done such a study and never will!! Anyway on side note last May a beachgoer told me he saw my jet on the morning news- he sees it often- i was "really!?? which news?? he said Fox5 Surf Report- I watched and sure enough they have a beach cam on the restaurant- the hot weather girl had been commenting on my planes for long time I never knew! So for while my flying location was being broadcast to San Diego visible for all to see- FAA included. I called local FAA office several times years ago asking about flying on beach- they referred me to City Parks and Recs, they passed me on to others- in the end I was told the south end and north end are not under any local ordinances knock yourself out flying also found this

https://www.droneblog.com/beach/#:~:...20is%20this%3F

One last comment- yes there is official AMA flying field, Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego SEFSD, I flew there for years- never fly there now, the city will not allow the Club to enhance the runway- its dirt, twice a year Club pays to sweep, grade, steam roll the runway, 7 days later it returns to this condition in vid, city will not allow to pave runway or even lay down a Geotex or astroturf surface unless they shell out $50k for an Environmental Impact Study! But!! They allow Club to lay old carpet in the Pit area!! and yet the entire area is surrounded by paved walk ways parking lots for SeaWorld and roads- would you guys fly a nice EDF jet here??

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

As for vids does todays vid meet your approval? If not just tell me I'll remove ;)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

History of the Beach Cam

Name:	IMG_9523.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	349832Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9522-1.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	349833

Comment

Working...
                                        X