Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I have the Admiral RX600SP stab/rec in my AL37. I was having problems with it on my third flight Sunday before last.
    Monday I Created a new model, reset the RX600SPb and all seemed good right?
    This past Saturday I took her up and had reversed ailerons, oh s^%t.
    Got it down with some minor damage. Mainly the Nacelles since the nose retract was also dislodged.
    It's repaired but I'd like to replace the Nacelles. Can someone from MotionRC give me an idea when they will be in stock?

Tom

Comment

• Any recommendations on paint ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	Phil Grease_Amazon.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	254582
        Has anyone tried Phil ball and roller bearing waterproof grease to fix the "baby-coach" noise of the landing gear wheels? A bicycle shop owner suggested it will absolutely stop the noise.
        This is a more permanent fix over just grease or oil.

Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200419_142955.jpg Views:	484 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	250191 For those of you who don't like the terrible sound the wheels make when landing, get a length of 3/16 x .014 aluminum tubing. (Precision Metals #1111). Drill out the wheel hubs with a 3/16" drill bit and press in a 3/4" length of tubing. Grease the axil and slide the wheel back on.
        Bingo! The horrific noise is gone.
        Happy Flying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachandjess2904 View Post
          Any recommendations on paint ?
          Rustoleum 2X is what a lot of us have used.

Comment

• Good afternoon noon all. I'm new here and just got my AL37 together and setup. Stupid question..is there anyway of taking the wings off with the gear retracted?

Comment

• Originally posted by SRT417315 View Post
              Good afternoon noon all. I'm new here and just got my AL37 together and setup. Stupid question..is there anyway of taking the wings off with the gear retracted?
              No. The housing that partially surrounds the wheels when retracted gets in the way so the wings can't go on or off. That's not saying you couldn't butcher the crap out of the housing by removing as much foam as needed to make the wheels clear. I've just decided to store and transport with the wheels down. Since those nacelles are hanging down anyway, retracts hanging down don't take up that much room.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRT417315 View Post
                Good afternoon noon all. I'm new here and just got my AL37 together and setup. Stupid question..is there anyway of taking the wings off with the gear retracted?
                Yes if the ribbon cables are long enough. Extend the gear remove the screws holding the wing on. Pull the wing out so the wheel clears and cycle the gear. Repeat on other wing. Most likely the ribbon cables will be too short.

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post

Yes if the ribbon cables are long enough. Extend the gear remove the screws holding the wing on. Pull the wing out so the wheel clears and cycle the gear. Repeat on other wing. Most likely the ribbon cables will be too short.
                  The ribbon cables are too short UNLESS you relocate the blue box to the rear of where it normally sits. Mine is way back and just sits loose thinking I could do what you said. However, it was just simpler to leave the gear down for transport and storage. Getting the wings close to the fuse, plugging in the cables, powering it up to drop the gear, powering it down to complete the assembly was just too cumbersome. (And reversing that when the flying day is done.)

Comment

• I was fortunate enough (or unfortunate) to have the ribbon cables from a crashed 90 mm F22. The cables from that are a good 6 inches longer. I leave the battery connected,Unbolt the wings, unplug the motor wires and cycle the gear.
                    There was a guy who cut away the plastic from the fuse to allow removal of the gear without extending the gear. Post 1175. No foam was hurt. lol

Comment

• Here is a comparison of before and after wheel bushings.

Comment

• And here, I thought that MotionRC was the only N. American seller of this AL-37. Well, looky here:
                        AL37 Airliner Twin 70mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31511P Introducing the twin 70mm Freewing AL37 Airliner. With a length of 2000mm (78.75

BUYER BEWARE!!!!
                        I just made 2 inquiries about another "pre-order" plane over the past 2 days. Never a reply. BUT, immediately after (within 2 minutes) my last inquiry over their "chat", they pulled the product and removed it from their website. That sounds very fishy to me and is very inappropriate business behavior, not to mention RUDE! They've only had the website for 3 years. They claim to be at the ready to answer any and all questions - FALSE STATEMENT! They aren't registered with the BBB. Their "reviews" are limited to a few and could be "planted". They appear to be a major distributor for Dynam products yet Dyanm doesn't have them listed as such. They also seem to be a seller of a lot of junk toys. I wouldn't trust this shop any further than I could throw them. At the very least, they don't have the right business acumen to deserve my patronage.
                        Anyone know these guys? Have any information about them?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          And here, I thought that MotionRC was the only N. American seller of this AL-37. Well, looky here:
                          AL37 Airliner Twin 70mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31511P Introducing the twin 70mm Freewing AL37 Airliner. With a length of 2000mm (78.75

BUYER BEWARE!!!!
                          I just made 2 inquiries about another "pre-order" plane over the past 2 days. Never a reply. BUT, immediately after (within 2 minutes) my last inquiry over their "chat", they pulled the product and removed it from their website. That sounds very fishy to me and is very inappropriate business behavior, not to mention RUDE! They've only had the website for 3 years. They claim to be at the ready to answer any and all questions - FALSE STATEMENT! They aren't registered with the BBB. Their "reviews" are limited to a few and could be "planted". They appear to be a major distributor for Dynam products yet Dyanm doesn't have them listed as such. They also seem to be a seller of a lot of junk toys. I wouldn't trust this shop any further than I could throw them. At the very least, they don't have the right business acumen to deserve my patronage.
                          Anyone know these guys? Have any information about them?
                          Not surprised one bit there's never a shortage of "crap" scammer "dealers' out there. As far as the BBB their nothing but a extortion racket.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Not surprised one bit there's never a shortage of "crap" scammer "dealers' out there. As far as the BBB their nothing but a extortion racket.

Mike
                            The BBB has become useless as well. The local TV station did a "Sting" with a made up business and website selling rocks and for a small "fee" the BBB gave it tip top marks and rating. go figure
                            Best regards,
                            Cris B.
                            AMA#L945841, NASA#2845, JPO#2503,
                            NSRCA#4603, IMAC#7357

Comment

• I guess that shows BBB is meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                                The Max 10 in the new United Airlines livery. Conversion photos and flight video to come. Click image for larger version

Name:	40AEA89F-D891-40B0-8090-8022C93FC07A.jpeg
Views:	1264
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	237862
                                Now that the AL37 is back in stock, I’ve got one on the way. My best friend works for United (flight attendant) and we are both starting flight school to works towards our pilots license (ATP as a final goal). I grew up in Chicago and have always flown United. I saw your post and I knew I needed the same. Anyway you could share what colors you used for this? I ordered this graphics set from Callie’s. Your plane is definitely my inspiration.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  I guess that shows BBB is meaningless.
                                  Pretty much. You pay their fees and they love you .....you don't and you get the shaft.

Mike
                                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Yesterday's flight

Comment

• Flight No. 2

Comment

• Does anyone have any crashed wings? I am looking the servo mounts and the engine plastic pod mounts? I need them for a project I'm doing!

If you have them hit me up!

Comment

• Maiden done a wonderfull edf Airliner but wach out on turning use speed and coordinate more with rudder.I have done the maiden without flaps on take off and landing because i could not activate them simoultanely one side does a mouvent and the other one do another the don’t coordinate all together...I use a Spektrum DX 9 Black .all the connection on the inside board where correct but my flaps don’t work as they should .Maybe i do something wrong...Sorry it does not allow me to upload the maiden video ...

Comment

Working...
                                          X