• Originally posted by Angryflyer View Post
    Any Seahawks fans here??
    Nope . I've given up on sports entirely. Now the screwed up NASCAR

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Any Seahawks fans here??
      Hey Angryflyer ! Diehard 12 since 1976 my friend! Created Seahawks.NET back in 1998 for 12's...Season Ticket Holder since 1997. GO Hawks!! Nice livery!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Any Seahawks fans here??
        I'm a fan!
        Recognize the Flaming Geyser scenery but have never flown there.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_49189.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	262318
          Originally posted by Scale Freak View Post
          Ok, another question to put out there, for those using a gyro, where did you place it? I am under the impression that they should be at the C of G, so they are at the centre of each axis.
          that would put it quite far back, so are they ok more forward near the reciever placement?
          thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	359BFCAA-D26C-493A-9397-DA1967D479E1.jpeg
Views:	1255
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	260408Click image for larger version

Name:	450442BE-E30A-454E-B8BC-6CDF156746B1.jpeg
Views:	1290
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	260409 Got my Max 10 configured with an FPV setup. The camera has a pan function but not tilt due to the limited lines of sight. I tried to make the FPV gear as unobtrusive as possible. Can’t wait to give it a try from the cockpit! Click image for larger version

Name:	1CEAB67F-7E44-48D6-9B6C-69208F54D3B7.jpeg
Views:	1227
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	260406Click image for larger version

Name:	74EDA0B6-6DE1-4D48-B889-7C2FDF7A4BFC.jpeg
Views:	1207
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	260407
            That looks fantastic V! Please share some screen recording if you can of a flight once you do it. Would love to see how you land it FPV in the high alpha position

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Hey Angryflyer ! Diehard 12 since 1976 my friend! Created Seahawks.NET back in 1998 for 12's...Season Ticket Holder since 1997. GO Hawks!! Nice livery!
              Right on man! See you at the field some time!

Comment

• Ordered!

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	359BFCAA-D26C-493A-9397-DA1967D479E1.jpeg
Views:	1255
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	260408Click image for larger version

Name:	450442BE-E30A-454E-B8BC-6CDF156746B1.jpeg
Views:	1290
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	260409 Got my Max 10 configured with an FPV setup. The camera has a pan function but not tilt due to the limited lines of sight. I tried to make the FPV gear as unobtrusive as possible. Can’t wait to give it a try from the cockpit! Click image for larger version

Name:	1CEAB67F-7E44-48D6-9B6C-69208F54D3B7.jpeg
Views:	1227
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	260406Click image for larger version

Name:	74EDA0B6-6DE1-4D48-B889-7C2FDF7A4BFC.jpeg
Views:	1207
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	260407
                  LOL, now that's awesome and funny! Great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post

I'm a fan!
                    Recognize the Flaming Geyser scenery but have never flown there.
                    Come fly with us! No dues, just a park pass ($30/year) if you didn't already know.
                    do you fly at Hobart?

Comment

Come fly with us! No dues, just a park pass ($30/year) if you didn't already know.
                      do you fly at Hobart?
                      Didn't know about a field in Hobart. Is it decent enough for the jets and the AL37"

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

That looks fantastic V! Please share some screen recording if you can of a flight once you do it. Would love to see how you land it FPV in the high alpha position
                        Here ya go James.

Sorry about the video quality. It's from the built in recorder in my goggles. I have some RunCam Splits now and will start using them so I can get HD quality videos.

The cause was due to my use of underrated battery connectors. The good news is, is that the failure occurred over the airfield and I was able to retrieve all components. A few seconds earlier, it was over an active garbage dump and I might not have been able to get access to it.

Replacement parts are have already arrived. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2986.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	262578 I stretched the fuselage on this one out to a Max 10 and did it in United Airlines livery. It looked nice but I was indifferent about the scheme wh it was completed. I’ll do the next one either as a Max 8(stock) or as a -800 version. Leaning towards the old American Airlines silver bird scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post

Didn't know about a field in Hobart. Is it decent enough for the jets and the AL37"
                          Hobart, yes.
                          Flaming Geyser is a 30acre flying area and a little tight landing left to right. Runway is more than adequate for takeoff.
                          For me, it's comfortable because I learned to fly there but to some it might seem small.

Comment

• Maiden next week. Second plane. You be straight forward.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• It should be straight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightshooter View Post
                                Maiden next week. Second plane. You be straight forward.
                                Oh my! That is sooooo nice! How much of that is stick on graphics?

Comment

• the tail characters, the snow man beach side and lettering. Everything is airbrush work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightshooter View Post
                                    the tail characters, the snow man beach side and lettering. Everything is airbrush work.
                                    A true artiste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowflight View Post
                                      Finally had a good day for a maiden, not a perfect day but good enough, my last attempt was cancelled due to high winds. Today I got there early since I knew that wind would pick up. Flight was uneventful , winds 10-12 MPH right down the runway, I advanced throttle flaps at take off setting, after a roll of about 100 ft she rotated and up she went, gear up flaps up and she settled into a gentle left turn, no trims of any control surfaced needed, I was amazed. She flies great at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, on a calm day 1/2 is all thats needed. After a few passes and about 4 min I lowered flaps on the down wind flowed by the gear. Since Im used to much larger warbird my flap setting were much less than recommended, is my experience that model plane do not need as much flaps as the full size counterpart, too much flap and you’ll just adding unneeded drag. So once lined up with the runway I reduced power into a glide slope, with the head wind she floated a bit on the flare till mains touched down. This is one fun plane and very realistic in the air, the lack of gyro made it wiggle a bit on cross wind but other than that it was a great maiden. My only complaint ....the paint scheme, the gray is hard to see, I had to ask my spotter to remove my sunglasses cause I had a hard time seeing it with clouds in the background. Great job Freewing.
                                      She sure flies nice, it was a pleasure seeing you fly it and you did a great job with it. Is so big that even with the grey paint scheme, it still showed well. I stayed a while after you left but the torrential rains and winds came so I had to abandon any more flights as well. See you soon, especially if there is some chili and kielbasa to be had.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

She sure flies nice, it was a pleasure seeing you fly it and you did a great job with it. Is so big that even with the grey paint scheme, it still showed well. I stayed a while after you left but the torrential rains and winds came so I had to abandon any more flights as well. See you soon, especially if there is some chili and kielbasa to be had.
                                        Hugh now that you’re part of the crazy gang you best be careful or you’ll put on 20lbs by the end of the year, as you’ll see is a Friday thing I think this next time is black beans and what ever else LOL , see ya at the field buddy

Comment

• BEC wiring issue:

After about 5 fights I noticed that connection from the main battery would disconnect intermittently... on the ground, thankfully. Turns out that the solder connect at the main battery to the BEC is damaged from pulling and twisting my tight EC3 connectors.
                                          Be careful and check your wiring.

My solution is simply using a small (700-1100mah) flight pack. Doesn't seem to affect flight characteristics, but it is another battery to charge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X