Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know the wing loading on this? I couldn't find area on MotionRC website. I see the weight 4.3kg, which I think is without batteries. But I don't see area anywhere, and couldn't find it after a brief search of this thread. I wondered how it compares to the A-10, and a few other models.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
      Anybody know the wing loading on this? I couldn't find area on MotionRC website. I see the weight 4.3kg, which I think is without batteries. But I don't see area anywhere, and couldn't find it after a brief search of this thread. I wondered how it compares to the A-10, and a few other models.
      It may be a bit more complex to figure the "wing" loading considering the contributions of the lifting body design.

-GG

Comment

• Taking the 'xy' projected area of the entire thing minus the horizontal stabs should give a fine approximation to calculate wing loading.

And you can easily measure that on your own aircraft by decomposing the airframe into a few triangles and rectangles, then adding up the areas. ;)

Comment

• I was holding off with a cockpit design as I thought Radar-Guy had one in the works

I've also been a bit preoccupied with a repaint

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            I was holding off with a cockpit design as I thought Radar-Guy had one in the works
            :
            There’s something going on..

Click image for larger version

Name:	78EF763D-A8FD-43E4-ADA1-6C529D05E814.jpeg
Views:	771
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	291948

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

There’s something going on..

Name:	78EF763D-A8FD-43E4-ADA1-6C529D05E814.jpeg
Views:	771
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	291948
              Now we're cookin', enough talk about the engineers/technicians/mechanics/physicists/lawyers/architects/politicians/Video gamers/scale police and the lot (must have missed some), just keep these creative designers happy. Go for it Radar-Guy , we're cheering you on to the finish line!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                I was holding off with a cockpit design as I thought Radar-Guy had one in the works I've also been a bit preoccupied with a repaint
                DD, Sah-Wheat repaint thus far!! And Radar-Guy is a Design-Meister of known quantity, so thanks in advance, Sir. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• SanExup and I were PMing, and I showed him the use of ramekin cups and miniature bungee cords + RTV Silicon Rubber to chock/secure planes in the truck bed for those of you who have trucks. Worth showing this again, even if I have previously posted this idea. You need to use the bungees to secure against bounce-outs and tip-ups during acceleration or rough road travel. See Zoom in...

Should you need to carry some cargo...twist off the ramekin cups and re-glue them once you are done. WalMart houseware department is where I got the remekin cups. The various cup placements are for other birds.

Happy New Year!

-GG

Click image for larger version  Name:	MiG in Truck.jpg Views:	0 Size:	210.6 KB ID:	291999

Zoom In...

Name:	bungee.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	292001

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_135226.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	292065Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_135208.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	292066Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_135153.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	292067Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_135324.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	292068Click image for larger version

Name:	20201229_155116.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	292070Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_135026.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	292071Click image for larger version

Name:	20201229_153213.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	324.9 KB
ID:	292072
                    Attached Files

Comment

• So i was finslly able to refinish my mig. This one only took me a few days while working on my a4 too. I managed to refinish my p80..a4..mig and my sons at6 in the last 10 days. And im finally done! Were going flying tomorriw and hopefully the rcgeek will get some good inflight shots and video of the mig :) im in love with it all over again! I plan to do a video on the mig when i get back from flying

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_143645.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	292075Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_130521.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	292076

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                          So i was finslly able to refinish my mig. This one only took me a few days while working on my a4 too. I managed to refinish my p80..a4..mig and my sons at6 in the last 10 days. And im finally done! Were going flying tomorriw and hopefully the rcgeek will get some good inflight shots and video of the mig :) im in love with it all over again! I plan to do a video on the mig when i get back from flying
                          Very sharp, you did a great job on this!

Comment

• Great job, Brent!
                            I've uploaded some files for those who want to replicate the forward fuselage vents/louvres with 3DP parts.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/vari...fuselage-vents

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-15 150929.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	292136

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4314.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.7 KB ID:	292134Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4313.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	292135

Comment

• Radar-Guy Great designs, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Corsair nut absolutely outstanding Mig repaint, one of the best one I've seen!!!
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post

Name:	20201227_143645.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	292075Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_130521.jpg
Views:	642
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	292076
                                  Very impressive paintwork and scheme. Seems ironic that the Deutsche flew Russian planes, but they were East Germans before the Wall came down, after which the MiGs were cycled out of the Luftwaffe for many reasons. The historic roots of many Russian jets came from captured Nazi aviation engineers....Very Cool man...

Comment

• Originally posted by AirHead View Post

Very impressive paintwork and scheme. Seems ironic that the Deutsche flew Russian planes, but they were East Germans before the Wall came down, after which the MiGs were cycled out of the Luftwaffe for many reasons. The historic roots of many Russian jets came from captured Nazi aviation engineers....Very Cool man...
                                    The MiG-29 was the only jet retained from the former East German Air Force (NVA/LSK) after the reunification in 1990. They were in service with the Luftwaffe until 2004 and were sold to Poland for the symbolic price of 1€.

I’m working on the standard Luftwaffe scheme...

Name:	91679146-8E75-46A5-8AD8-D0DB1C469CF4.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	292264

Comment

• Brilliant paint job Brent
                                      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

They were in service with the Luftwaffe until 2004 and were sold to Poland for the symbolic price of 1€.
                                        That's a pretty good deal, do they have any left? I would probably spend 1€ for a real Mig-29. Even if I couldn't afford to maintain it, it would be awesome in the back yard next to the broken-down Chevy and the toilet bowl flower pot.

Comment

• Gringotuerto You could combine it with the toilet, for morning coffee. And repurpose the ejection handles.

Comment

Working...
                                          X