Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    A quote from Justin:

This is a great piece of advice - One that should be shared here. Ignorance will cost a bag of money and some large trash bags.
    B2 or not B2, that is the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

yes, SBUS/PPM

Link to Gyro manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...ion_Manual.pdf
      Interesting. More than superficial similarity to the Hobbyeagle line. Some of the figures are identical.

Comment

• Download the manual and look at the throws page…

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I just saw the pictures that James posted at RC Guppy. James, Justin or Jeromy, can any of you comment on those "rudder" clamshells? When they open, does each half open equally and as much as needed based on degree of rudder input? (The real ones on the B-2 and A-10 seem to operate up/down as a unit as if to augment elevon action.) How easy would it be to mix them to work as speed brakes or would the E52 make that impossible?

Comment

• 04-06-22 12:46pm CDT Motion stock counter at (4) left......that container load sold in less than 24hrs. Let the maidens begin!

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Per Motion that’s the second container!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Per Motion that’s the second container!
              WOW !!

TG

Comment

• Looking forward to mine. I plan on some mods....duh. lololol bomb bays...and move nose gear to a more scale possition. Will probably repaint in a mlre accurate color amd weathering. I have a bit of a personal connection with the b2 as my dad working on them from before first flight, amd then worked the flight test program at edwards for over 30 years. I also worked on them for a few years and get to see them fly regularly. I was also there to see the first flight, i was 7 and i can still remember that morning :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                  Looking forward to mine. I plan on some mods....duh. lololol bomb bays...and move nose gear to a more scale possition. Will probably repaint in a mlre accurate color amd weathering. I have a bit of a personal connection with the b2 as my dad working on them from before first flight, amd then worked the flight test program at edwards for over 30 years. I also worked on them for a few years and get to see them fly regularly. I was also there to see the first flight, i was 7 and i can still remember that morning :)
                  This should be a fun model for you in more ways than most.....looking forward to flying mine as well

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Originally posted by cg7060 View Post
                    Please discuss the design choice of gray vs black paint, and and what to expect in terms of gatoring. Personally I think you made a good compromise.
                    We didn't paint it black because the full size B-2 is not black. I'd expect our Freewing B-2's gator factor to be the same as our other similarly painted gray models.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B-2 and F-35.jpg Views:	0 Size:	309.1 KB ID:	341835

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    I have no insight as to the actual design team's work but looking at the real B-2 as it takes off, it's plain to see that as the retract cycle begins, those wheels are pulled into the angle where the front tires angle up before the whole assembly stuffs itself into the gear bay. To do that on the model would require a second mechanism, probably another servo (or spring loaded lever) to pull the wheels into that position before the whole thing goes into the bay. For simplicity, I can see why they just started off in that angle.
                    An astute and accurate analysis!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax Quad View Post

Thanks JQ! I look forward to participating in the site. I'll post some pics. We have a ton of videos at our youtube page. Especially of our 10s and 12s Avantis. Here's a quick one https://youtu.be/zDLsbQ_G1zE
                      I'm going to need to come over and fly with you guys one day as I'm only 2.5 hours west of you.
                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

We didn't paint it black because the full size B-2 is not black. I'd expect our Freewing B-2's gator factor to be the same as our other similarly painted gray models.

Click image for larger version Name:	B-2 and F-35.jpg Views:	0 Size:	309.1 KB ID:	341835

RAF F-35s with USAF B-2s "over the white cliffs of Dover".

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Like EvanD said. No flaps. It should have read "flaperons/elevons". A flying wing with down flaps will dive, with UP flaps will climb. If you had the inner control surfaces go down as flaps do, the outer control surfaces would have to go UP to compensate. Then, you'd have the equivalent of "crow" or speed brakes. Most times you have a gyro, the TX is set to "normal" wing. The mixing for elevon takes place in the gyro. The neat thing about this gyro is that it incorporates a "steering" gyro, like what one would have when putting on an Assan steering gyro. Makes for very steady, straight line ground handling. A plane like this with such short wheelbase, tends to wander all over the runway. The steering gyro should eliminate that.
                          Can you clarify the part about the steering gyro capability in the B2? I don't see anything in the documentation that says anything about a separate steering gyro

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Welcome Jax Quad to Squawk. We have a good time over here! Alpha will join us live on YouTube this Friday for our full overview and Q/A at 12pm EST (you can watch the replay if you cant be live). Jeremy Solt (one of our test pilots) will also be there to answer set-up and flying questions. This is the link it will take place. Subscribe and hit the bell so you are notified and don't forget:

Thanks James! I'm really mad at you guys though, I'm so excited I won't be able to sleep until Friday! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              I'm going to need to come over and fly with you guys one day as I'm only 2.5 hours west of you.
                              You are welcome at JaxRC anytime. We have a great flying location and a good group of guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax Quad View Post

You are welcome at JaxRC anytime. We have a great flying location and a good group of guys.
                                I will definitely come visit!
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Can you clarify the part about the steering gyro capability in the B2? I don't see anything in the documentation that says anything about a separate steering gyro

Thanks
                                  I must apologize for the mix-up. My information was leached over from my investigation of the X-Fly Pulsar flight gyro, which is installed on their PNP Bizjet. It is the one that has a separate channel that the front steering servo is plugged into. The Freewing E52 gyro on the B-2 does NOT have this feature. An Assan steering gyro would still be the best option for taming any ground steering wandering. I will go back and edit my post from before. Again, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dougcarr73 View Post

That's awesome with the steering gyro. I put an Assan gyro in all of my aircraft and it significantly reduced the damaged wingtips, or wing root snaps on my FW F-18, because it tracks extremely straight once on the ground... I love it and now love my B2 purchase even more.
                                    Apologies for the misinformation. This flight gyro does NOT have a steering gyro component. There was some talk about the PJ50 Bizjet that it is the X-Fly Bizjet that has this feature in their Pulsar gyro.

Comment

• This model is literally flying off the shelves...Wow. If any of you are wavering, you might want to hit that buy button. I wish I could! Still searching for that elusive lengthy paved runway with no obstacles.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Only 6 left for the US market! :D

Pat
                                        Pat

Comment

• A clearly written unclassified description of the Spirit’s stealth design. https://www.wearethemighty.com/might...14IuyiUbxSjdTk

Comment

Working...
                                          X